Door space

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Door space

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Door space

• Door space

• Nicholas Maskell

August 13, 2022 at 9:02 am

Hi, it’s a bit late in the day but it would make getting in and out of the car much easier if they could scoop out some more space for the door near the footwell. The current door seems to be flattened off at that end presumably for clearance but now the wheel covers have been reduced there should be space. Watching the video of people getting in and out, almost all had to move their feet out of the way to get out. If this is going to be a daily driver would make a big difference.

• Jonah Jorgenson

August 13, 2022 at 10:36 am

Yes it is too late in the day for such a change. I think ingress and egress will be OK for most people. It looks like the butt first is the way to go.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Jonah Jorgenson. Reason: corrected spelling
  • Bob Kirchner

August 13, 2022 at 12:48 pm

The trade off would be that the structure would be less strong. Given the knee-jerk assumption of much of the public that anything light is dangerous, I’m content with them prioritising safety.

• Mark Howell

August 13, 2022 at 3:27 pm

From what I understand, the Aptera will float if you wind up in the water somehow. Talk about an incredible safety feature if true. I am thinking if you remove the “gunwale” I wonder if that would potentially allow for a way for water to get in and swamp it?🚤 Then again maybe it floats because its almost airtight and it floats for a time with the gunwale below the waterline. The ingress and egress kind of looks like you are dealing with a canoe based on the new Gamma video.

• Jonah Jorgenson

August 13, 2022 at 5:28 pm

The Aptera will not float long if in the water. That claim was kind of tongue in cheek.

• John Malcom

August 13, 2022 at 7:50 pm

Yes. Don’t try this (Float Aptera) at home!

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now