Driver-Assist features

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Driver-Assist features

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Driver-Assist features

• Driver-Assist features

kerbe2705 updated 2 months, 3 weeks ago 9 Members · 14 Posts
  • Khanh Nguyen

April 2, 2022 at 1:21 pm

Does anyone have information on what kind of driver assist features would be available with the first releases (adaptive cruise control, lane following, etc…)? Thanks!

• Gary Greenway

April 2, 2022 at 1:27 pm

Right now, there’s only a wish list. After production begins, Aptera is likely to ship with whatever they have created so far with applicable hardware pre-installed for high priority features. New software features can be added over the air as they develop them.

• IA -1

April 2, 2022 at 1:39 pm

As per the Aptera reservation page the cost for the Safety Pilot will be $1,300:

“Travel is easy as Aptera drives itself to your location with Level 2 autonomy capability, which includes facial tracking, lane keep, adaptive cruise, and emergency braking.”

I have included the Safety Pilot in my reservation, I just hope they will include lane change warning, if there is a vehicle next to you. I don’t need anything additional, and the price is right.

• Jonah Jorgenson

April 2, 2022 at 6:39 pm

I thought that the yoke was a hard no deal in one of your posts?? Still have a reservation so not the yoke is not a hard no deal??

• kerbe2705

April 2, 2022 at 7:08 pm

Do you generally wander around poking sticks into hornet nests? πŸ˜†

• John Malcom

April 2, 2022 at 8:01 pm

My Grandson tends to be blunt, and as a young person speaks his mind sometimes without a filter if he feels a poster is derogatory toward Aptera. I will speak personally about this with him when I return.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  John Malcom.
      • IA -1

April 3, 2022 at 5:44 am

Hi Jonah πŸ™‚ Nice talking to you again πŸ™‚

I already answered your question 2 times, but in case you missed it here it is again. I will make my final decision when I see and test the production vehicle.

• Jonah Jorgenson

April 5, 2022 at 12:34 pm

Yes you have said that. But you have said you weren’t going to troll the yoke device and the next day did, It is hard to tell when you say something if you are going to follow through with it or change your mindπŸ˜‰

• seth feldman

April 4, 2022 at 4:51 pm

A yoke is a hard no for me, but I’ll keep my reservation in the slim hopes aptera releases a steering wheel option. If not I’ll probably get to buy a toyota ev before my aptera would be delivered.

• Jonah Jorgenson

April 5, 2022 at 12:31 pm

I hope you are not counting on the Toyota bZ4X out this year. It comes with a yoke steering device.

• Markus Schmid

April 5, 2022 at 3:17 pm

According to non-confirmed rumors, for a modest surcharge Toyota downgrades the yoke to a traditional horse-gear. 😜

• kerbe2705

April 5, 2022 at 10:23 pm

All of the test drive videos I’ve seen have shown the BZ4X with a steering wheel… I’m guessing that, maybe, the yoke was just a pre-production idea?

• Gabriel Kemeny

April 6, 2022 at 6:26 am

The Toyota version may not have it yet, but the Lexus version (RZ) looks like it will:

• kerbe2705

April 6, 2022 at 8:18 am

The Lexus is still just a “show car”: Yokes are just the latest version of “click bait” in the automotive sector.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now