Driver Side Occupant Fit

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Driver Side Occupant Fit

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Driver Side Occupant Fit

• Driver Side Occupant Fit

• Edward Cooper

October 8, 2021 at 10:07 am

Is it possible to get dimensioning for the driver side or even a tool/graphic on the website that shows this)? For example:

– Seat to roof (min/max and range of angular adjustment) (assuming seat back angle is able to be adjusted)

– Seat back to pedals (min and max)

– Seat back to steering wheel (min and max)

I am a tall individual (6’3″ with most of my height in my torso), and I am concerned about how I would fit.

• John Malcom

October 8, 2021 at 10:17 am

Check out this video by Steve Fambro as he reviews the Sol Alpha prototype. He discusses what changes will be made in the Beta prototype to accommodate tall drivers. The Beta is designed to accommodate drivers up to 6’5″.

The dimensions you are inquiring about will be available when the Beta prototypes are complete.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDMqEmUGxX4

• Randy Jackson

December 10, 2021 at 7:25 am

When they say up to 6’5″ I am hesitant. Being 6’5″ I would love to drive this car on longer trips, having the ceiling more than an inch above my head is nice though.

• kerbe2705

October 8, 2021 at 10:20 am

Any measurements you’d receive now will be irrelevant when the beta prototypes are built.

• Edward Cooper

October 8, 2021 at 10:23 am

Thank you all.

• Raj Giandeep

December 13, 2021 at 7:58 am

Once they have a Aptera beta I can sit in, I’d be curious to try. I’m 6′ 1″ ish and if I put my hair on the top of my head is a rishi knot i’m 6′ 4″ – 6′ 5″

Even in my dads Prius i have to put the seat back so my hair doesn’t hit the ceiling. But in my 2013 Nissan Leaf I have enough headroom for my hair in a rishi knot

• Edward Cooper

December 13, 2021 at 4:17 pm

Raj – I would sincerely appreciate knowing the results of your experience should you get the opportunity.

• Ron Ledohowski

December 14, 2021 at 2:34 am

I’m 6’5″ (36/37″ inseam, ~240lbs).

I’m “taking Steve at his word” that we will fit comfortably whether it be headroom or legroom and as such, both carefully & adequately considered from design through to final execution ????.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now