Failure Modes and Effects Analysis

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Failure Modes and Effects Analysis

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Failure Modes and Effects Analysis

• Failure Modes and Effects Analysis

• Matthew Wakefield

June 18, 2022 at 5:03 am

As a current Hyundai Ioniq owner who is having to occasionally manually actuate the charging connector (there is a pull cable to do this) while I wait for what is a globally scarce part to arrive I am encouraged by the dedication to repairability and parts availability.

I am however also interested in repair free robustness. Aptera has an advantage over my current car, as a dead charging port does not brick the car. So my question is what is the minimal set of functioning parts that still lets you drive 10 miles (as an approximation of what will get you out of the worst of most situations)? Ideally this would be the battery, power electronics and one motor.

I would be interested in hearing about Aptera’s FMEA analysis, any redundancy around critical systems, and durability analysis of the things that brick the car when they fail.

• John Trotter

June 18, 2022 at 4:52 pm

Yeah, FMEA is a well-developed science and developing a model can lead to both understanding many failures and eliminating the most impactful. Hard to do on the compact schedule, however.

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now