Fan Art for Aptera Sedan, Crossover, Truck, Van, Etc

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Fan Art for Aptera Sedan, Crossover, Truck, Van, Etc

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Fan Art for Aptera Sedan, Crossover, Truck, Van, Etc

• Fan Art for Aptera Sedan, Crossover, Truck, Van, Etc

• Peter Jorgensen

September 30, 2021 at 3:56 pm

This should be a fun thread! More to come…

Sedan ideas:

• Roy Dudley

September 30, 2021 at 4:36 pm

Definitely nice design! Kudos!

• Lou Verner

September 30, 2021 at 7:17 pm

Thinking Aptera needs to bring you as part of their design team…I like!

• GLENN ZAJIC

October 2, 2021 at 12:00 am

While this stuff is fun to look at, I think a concept vehicle should appear to be functional. This front wheel design would need a 300 ft. turning radius. They do resemble a Porsche 912 a little. I hope some of the other images we have seen get posted here.

• Peter Jorgensen

October 22, 2021 at 11:43 am

What will the van look like do you think? Solar hood or no?

• my_discord_number_is_0328 bloody stupid

October 22, 2021 at 8:23 pm

https://aptera.us/community/discussion/3-wheel-purity-logic-vs-4-wheels/#post-9372 i think there only needs to be a single model, different drivetrains, and maybe a dedicated model for amazon truck/larger pick up truck thing, and semi truck. gordon murray i motiv, t.27

3 WHEEL purity & logic vs. 4 wheels

• Henry Kitt

October 22, 2021 at 10:20 pm

I think the 4 wheel sedan design is pretty much figured out already but I’d be curious to see what the truck might look like.

Australia’s Holden Ute was discontinued recently, and a more aerodynamic lighter weight version of that, with all 4 wheels covered, maybe a little higher ride height, and solar panels would be a Rivian/F-150 Lightning killer.

October 23, 2021 at 6:56 pm

why truck? how about that dirvetrain swap on a compact car with trailer in the post above yours here? or dedicated amazon modular van thing?

• Peter Jorgensen

April 14, 2022 at 2:25 pm

I’d like to play with a lot more of these ideas… Here is some interesting content I found elsewhere online in various places.

• Peter Jorgensen

April 14, 2022 at 2:28 pm

There’s a lot strange wacky concept cars that have been cooked up over the ages.

• Bob Kirchner

April 14, 2022 at 5:59 pm

Aptera needs to design some mechanism that allows the front wheels to have active fairings such as I believe that red Ford had.

Then sketch out the seating area for the number of passengers you want, then let the computers take over. To minimise frontal area keep it as low and narrow as possible (no three passenger wide seating areas). To accommodate the targeted passenger and cargo volume, make it as long as necessary.

• kerbe2705

April 14, 2022 at 9:31 pm

I’m driving the granddaughter of the Honda in the first image: It’s the Clarity concept!

• Matt Gleason

May 26, 2022 at 7:27 pm

I love the look of that clarity concept. I wish that design made it to production. It seems like they always turn these amazing concept cars into boxes on wheels with some ugly overdone detailing.

April 16, 2022 at 6:38 am

if u search “mercedes eqxx” there will be a thread where i wrote a concept compact 4 seater that may be the best balance between compact 2 seater and 4 seater. but i think we should be able to make people buy two 25k 2 seater rather than a 50k 4 seater, b/c people arnt having familys like before and people are digitizing the cost of living is going up and even people still having familys can have both apparent in both car driving a child in each, and they are having very few children like 1 or 2 on average, a number thats probably going down.

lot of my suggestions will cut costs

April 16, 2022 at 6:40 am

rasa riversimple is a 2 seater version ofthis, hydrogen production car

• Joshua Vance Vance

April 17, 2022 at 7:11 pm

But the Riversimple is supposed to be subscription based, and who knows if it’ll be available outside of Europe.

• Bob Kirchner

April 17, 2022 at 8:05 pm

It’s still a good example of how to incorporate aerodynamic features into a four wheel car, though. Especially how the underside of the car rises toward the back.

• Peter Jorgensen

April 25, 2022 at 12:45 pm

Riversimple is the two seater hydrogen car design – An interesting take on a very efficient small 4-wheel 2-seat car.

• Peter Jorgensen

April 25, 2022 at 12:48 pm

The SoCal Lakester – A fast, efficient, salt flat racer. Could be built as a one-person long range EV fairly easily.

• Peter Jorgensen

April 25, 2022 at 12:50 pm

Porsche LeMan concept car – A more aerodynamic supercar design.

• Peter Jorgensen

April 25, 2022 at 12:54 pm

Some prototype drawings from the Lightyear one – Somehow this strikes me as much more off-road capable and good for the adventurous type of person. Lightyear one was very toned down compared to these drawings.

• Peter Jorgensen

April 25, 2022 at 12:58 pm

Some older retro cars that seem rather aerodynamic… CyberCar?

• Peter Jorgensen

April 25, 2022 at 1:01 pm

Some of the more practical solar race cars from various solar races

• Peter Jorgensen

April 25, 2022 at 1:06 pm

I found a bunch of interesting ideas for more efficient busses and RVs. Interesting incorporation of Solar into an awning also.

• Peter Jorgensen

April 27, 2022 at 1:35 pm

I wonder how hard it would be to make a retro – 1930s/1940s style streamlined car with a very low drag coefficient? Feasible or crazy?

• Curtis Cibinel

April 28, 2022 at 4:33 pm

This is an old concept from Mercedes Benz from 2006. The Bionic is a 0.19 Cd and the shape would make sense for a family version of the Aptera. The design is inspired by the box fish.

PS: Notice it didn’t plan on mirrors 16 years ago… and those stupid rules still aren’t fixed…

• Peter Jorgensen

April 29, 2022 at 7:09 am

Good find! 0.19 is not a bad CD. It’s interesting they have a single door on each side. I wonder if that was space constrained or a choice for some other reason? I love the little solar hood.

• Thomas Bushaw

April 29, 2022 at 10:06 am

I saw this vehicle at The Shape of Speed auto show in Portland, OR a few years ago. The design is a bit dated and an EV was not an option back then but they were definitely onto something… 🙂

• Adam Zimmerman

May 25, 2022 at 10:15 am

Guys do any of you recall which video they shared that had a preview of the 4 door? From about a year ago.

• George Hughes

May 25, 2022 at 4:18 pm

I was under the impression that this corporate version of Aptera includes the existing IP for the four-wheeled version from the failed effort in 2010-11. I mean we know this for the 3-wheeled version just as we know that the early tech was obsolete and that is also true for the legacy 4-wheeled version.

• Gabriel Kemeny

May 26, 2022 at 6:17 am

I don’t recall any video with any details of any future Aptera models but they will likely keep using Jason Hill and his Eleven design studio – some ideas can be seen there: Aerolight Series | Design by 11Design by 11

• Matt Gleason

May 26, 2022 at 7:32 pm

I’d like to see a lot of the design language carried forward from the 3 wheeler into the sedan, particularly the wheels staying outside the body. It seems like this is a significant portion of the aerodynamics of the Aptera. The sedan may even benefit from applying that approach to the back wheels, to allow the body to be more of a true raindrop shape.

• Curtis Cibinel

May 26, 2022 at 7:41 pm

The wheel pods and aggressive teerdrop are also limiting. They need a narrower (European road compatible) 5 seat vehicle. The Ford probe (above in red) with enclosed front wheels or the box fish inspired Bionic concept would be good options. They need to improve on industry aerodynamics while making a viable family vehicle. Aptera has few little unique design language that isn’t dictated by physics and the goals of the current vehicle. Sparten interior design with a screen isn’t remotely unique. From a technical experience perspective I would expect them to stick with wheel motors.

May 26, 2022 at 7:37 pm

search up “eqxx” and see my posts, about 4 seater

• Qiang Fu

May 27, 2022 at 6:02 am

There are two pictures of Aptera’s previous attempt for 4-wheel design in this old news article:

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/the-190-mpg-aptera-electric-car-that-never-was

Viewing 1 - 25 of 36 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now