Farasis / Licerion / Other

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Farasis / Licerion / Other

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Farasis / Licerion / Other

• Farasis / Licerion / Other

• Ian George

April 17, 2022 at 8:52 am

To best keep vehicle efficiency up requires to keep vehicle weight down.

Does anyone else know of higher/better wh/kg batteries , that also have a reasonable cycle life?

I know of:

Farasis

330wh/kg , 750wh/L , 1500 (100% DoD) cycles down to 80% Capacity

Farasis offers battery cells with 25% higher energy density

They are also the same company that makes the batteries for Zero Electric Motorcycles.

Licerion

400wh//kg , 780wh/L , 2500 (100% DoD) cycles down to 70% Capacity

https://sionpower.com/2022/sion-power-demonstrates-more-than-2500-cycles-in-licerion-rechargeable-battery-technology/

• John Malcom

April 17, 2022 at 2:36 pm

Perhaps considered as a candidate for the next iteration of the Aptera. 2170 batteries will be used in the current version. Vendor name for the batteries not released yet.

Many battery technologies show promise in the lab. When it come time to mass manufacture them at a reasonable cost, a large number of them fall short. The factors of cost, performance manufacturabiliy, and availability need to be considered when pic king one of the many battery technologies for Aptera.

• Ian George

April 17, 2022 at 3:40 pm

2170 is a size of battery cells. It is not a type of battery chemistry.

Current best on BEV market I know of in 2170 size is about ~270wh/kg cell level .. ~190wh/kg pack level (~70% packing).

An 100kwh Aptera with current type 2170 size cells .. ~190wh/kg pack level would be a ~1158 Lb Battery alone.

For example .. A 400wh/kg Licerion 100kwh pack also made of 2170 size cells .. at the same ~70% pack packing would be ~280wh/kg pack level .. or only 786 Lb Battery for the same 100kwh of energy.

I agree , not likely on the 1st Apteras off the line .. but .. as I wrote , I was curious if anyone knows of any other brands / types of new tech batteries like those (high wh/kg and reasonable cycle life) ?

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now