Feature request: Dog Mode

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Feature request: Dog Mode

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Feature request: Dog Mode

• Feature request: Dog Mode

• Kevin Lyda

August 15, 2021 at 2:05 pm

I’ll be coming to an Aptera from a Tesla Model 3. There’s a feature on the Model 3 that puts it far above other cars. It’s not self-driving – it’s going to be decades before any car can self drive on rural Irish roads. It’s not Superchargers – there are only 4 supercharger sites on the island of Ireland and none in useful locations for me.

The key feature in my Model 3 is Dog Mode. It’s incredibly useful and one I use on lots of drives.

Please tell me Aptera will implement it. The key features are climate control for the dog, turning off some security sensors and a display saying Dog Mode is on – so nosy people will know the dog is safe. I suspect I’m not alone in using this feature.

• Len Nowak

August 15, 2021 at 3:59 pm

Kevin, They did talk about it but have not confirmed it yet so ????

As you may know… The basic solar powers a ventilation of hot air inside the vehicle, but ….that is more for minimizing heat load on the AC )

(̂ ˃̥̥̥ ˑ̫ ˂̥̥̥ )̂

• Hale Marine

April 2, 2022 at 12:59 am

I too use Dog Mode in our Model Y nearly everyday

• Elzo Stubbe

April 2, 2022 at 6:17 am

In GOD mode DOG mode is fully covered…..hahaha..sorry

• Christopher Massat

July 15, 2022 at 4:48 am

I also want dog mode for my birds when I take them on vacation. I don’t need the pet separator package since I have carriers.

• Frank Brants

August 12, 2022 at 3:56 pm

I just placed my reservation order, please add my vote to the list. I literally don’t go anywhere without my German Shepherd (she’s the “office dog”, goes to work with me every day :), and she spends a lot of time in the car (in Texas…) when I can’t take her inside (grocery stores, restaurants, etc.).

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Frank Brants. Reason: Added photo :)
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Frank Brants.
  • Curtis Cibinel

August 13, 2022 at 1:47 am

An important thing to consider is this feature is software and can be added long after delivery. Aptera software will not be anywhere close to tesla or even most automakers completeness day 1. Development takes time but hopefully threads like this highlight critical areas of focus. Pet mode and sentry mode (assuming adequate cameras for safetypilot are installed) are essential for the consumers. Unique sales focused features like range gained by turning off heat is more academic as choices by users arent likely to change much. Fart sounds and netflix / other streaming / games will take a long time to be a priority list.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now