Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Final 2021 Video Update

• Final 2021 Video Update

John Wiley updated 6 months ago 12 Members · 19 Posts
  • kerbe2705

December 22, 2021 at 8:55 am

Nothing new here… https://youtu.be/vlNTyI_Fq7U

• John Malcom

December 22, 2021 at 9:35 am

Thanks for sending the notice out with the link to alert forum members!????

Was hoping for more specifics.

– Looks like three months Feb/Mar timeframe for Production facility buildout complete. That means three to four months before projected production vehicle. builds possible. Good to know that the facility will not be the long pole in the tent for a production schedule.

– Had hoped Beta was further along

– Would like to know what percentage of supply chain agreements are complete and an expected 100% completion date.

– 100 people not a lot for all that is going on. Pretty thin coverage

To much of the program manager in me I guess.

I am assuming the Sol seen zipping along in the production facility is the one going to CES in early Jan. Good to see an Aptera out in the public eye for the first time but hope it does not cause a delay in Dev/Production schedule with the people supporting the show.

Aptera has produced miracles in the past so I trust them to pull the rabbit out of the hat again. Always appreciate them taking the time for transparency.

• Pistonboy Delux

December 22, 2021 at 11:14 am

Very good video. Far more interesting than previous ones.

I am surprised. They hired some people that were not kids!

• Pistonboy Delux

December 22, 2021 at 11:20 am

Is that a new seat at time 0:28 and 0:29 ?

https://youtu.be/vlNTyI_Fq7U?t=28

• kerbe2705

December 30, 2021 at 10:06 pm

No – not a new seat design.

• John Wiley

December 31, 2021 at 6:26 am

My guess is that we are looking at a one-off unique seat placed in this beta vehicle for safety while pushing the limits of suspension testing. Same with the role bar.

• Guy SKEER

December 22, 2021 at 11:33 am

What a Glorious Christmas Gift to all of Us!

Merry Christmas to All involved in making MY APTERA! Happy New Year!

Wish I could Do More to Help things along…

Again, My Thanks –

Guy Skeer

• G Johns

December 22, 2021 at 5:38 pm

I was watching the presentation and relised I don’t need any safety testing. Just reliability and no leaks.

Heck, I used to defrost my VW windshield with a plumbers propane torch during the winter months, I was good, never cracked the windshield. Ah the fond memories that I no longer have to deal with. Any Dinosaurs here remember going up a steep hill in really hard snow with vacuum wipers. Glad they are nomore.

Of course this car will be owned by some snowflakes . Hopefully not to many.

• Pistonboy Delux

December 22, 2021 at 6:02 pm

Dinosaurs ?

• G Johns

December 23, 2021 at 4:02 am

Yes sir, Dinosaurs still pay with cash. Use flip phones without internet. Usually repair/fix things themselves. A hardy breed headed for extinction.

Snowflakes smothered them.

• John Marona

December 30, 2021 at 4:15 pm

I assume snowflakes are those that leave the north in the winter. I on the other hand intend to drive my Aptera through our entire snow season , starting early November until early May. If the snow gets to deep the bottom of the main body looks like a good sled and could still steer with the front wheels.

• Guy SKEER

December 23, 2021 at 6:02 am

Yep! For a Woman, a Cellphone is a Scepter. For a MAN, it is a LEASH!

Let’s See…Retard the Spark Fully, Advance the Throttle Quadrant just off Idle, Turn Ignition Off, and PULLL Two or Three Times (More if it is Cold). Position on Compression, Turn Ignition On, Keep Thumb Beside Index Finger, and Pull MIGHTILY! Ol’ Bessie will Start, Chuckling, if You got it right. Put the Crank away, and Mount The Driver’s Position! Awaay We Go!

• Steven G. Bueche

December 23, 2021 at 8:54 am

@:20 did he say, “Adding roll cages for safety” ?

I don’t recall ever hearing about roll cages before.

Anyone have information about this? Will the production ones have cages or are they for crash testing only?

• GLENN ZAJIC

December 23, 2021 at 10:10 am

Not for production! They will probably do a lot of suspension and other tests with this one, possibly culminating in a what does it take ( or is it even possible ) to roll this thing!

• Joel Smith

December 23, 2021 at 11:21 am

Yeah, I was wondering about that too. Seems to stand in contrast to their earlier assertions that the monocoque body was all that.

• Peter Jorgensen

December 27, 2021 at 7:19 am

Not for crash testing – For the track car. This is a track and handling car they are making to prove out suspension at the drag strip and race track.

• Pistonboy Delux

December 28, 2021 at 7:48 pm

I would like to know how they handle track testing for handling and suspension. I believe the suspensions were designed by Roush. I assume Roush will be doing the evaluation.

Would Roush be doing the driving with lots of cameras and equipment? Probably.

While new model four-wheel vehicles come out all the time, vehicles as unique as Aptera do not. I suspect there are a lot of people interested in the vehicle-dynamics of the Aptera.

• kerbe2705

December 28, 2021 at 8:53 pm

We don’t know the nature of the relationship with Roush: It could be as simple as Roush critiquing Aptera’s plans or as involved and the scenario you describe. Considering the “consulting” role being played by Munro & Assoc., I wonder if the Roush relationship is much different…

• George Hughes

December 29, 2021 at 12:10 am

The steel tube roll cage you can blame on the insurance man who insisted that you need one whether you need one because if anything happens in an ‘experimental’ test vehicle during testing, any one who might be injured is going to insist that in such a dangerous circumstance, every precaution must be taken.

And especially when you’re testing a brand, spanking new suspension system with all new angles aimed at addressing humpteen challenges … and you had some one test drive it without a roll cage??? That level of testing in an innovative new configuration unlike almost all others demands the greatest prudence … for insurance purposes.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now