"FLY IN – FLY OUT with an Aptera"

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions "FLY IN – FLY OUT with an Aptera"

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions "FLY IN – FLY OUT with an Aptera"

• "FLY IN – FLY OUT with an Aptera"

Randy J updated 9 months ago 9 Members · 10 Posts
  • Ron Ledohowski

August 31, 2021 at 7:23 am

I hope you provide access for purchasers (from Canada and U.S.) to do a Fly IN & Fly OUT (DRIVE HOME with their new Aptera) program.

I reserved mine with 1000mi all solar panel, max battery version with tent and all currently available options & accessories. Would love to pick it up charged. Would be a fantastic program and journey PLUS give Canadians an opportunity to do an early personal import too.

• rich garlick

August 31, 2021 at 7:51 am

thats my plan…just phoenix instead…

• Ron Ledohowski

August 31, 2021 at 8:46 am

That would be a blast!

• Michael Rennick

August 31, 2021 at 4:33 pm

I’m more than happy to make the drive from SAN to ATL, if that is what it takes.

• Bob Kirchner

August 31, 2021 at 5:20 pm

Just be aware that the border procedures for importing a new car to Canada can be difficult for the inexperienced, even if that car has been certified for sale here. It is best to enlist the services of a border broker.

Also some borders are preferable to others by reputation. Some a staffed by humans, others by Vogons.

• Curtis Cibinel

October 2, 2021 at 11:39 am

Good catch I hadn’t thought about all that. Probably will confuse the hell out of them given the autocycle classification.

• Randy J

October 3, 2021 at 5:10 am

I’ve read there are several CDN Aptera Ambassadors. I’m sure they’ll be educated enough on the regs. for the rest of us.

• ELISABETH SMART

October 2, 2021 at 1:57 pm

I plan on doing that with my vehicle. Fly in to San Diego, pick up and drive back to Fairbanks Alaska. Nice road trip!

• Fanfare 100

October 2, 2021 at 3:25 pm

Before you do that, make sure you aren’t doing in the 1,000 mile warrantee just by driving it home.

• Philip Raymond

October 3, 2021 at 12:01 am

Just for my own personal reasons, I’m hoping mine is ready for pick up in January of 2024. A great excuse to fly from Chicago to San Diego and just linger for a few months.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now