The Aptera humor threadPosted by len on August 14, 2021 at 12:28 pm
Just killing some time, during the monsoon and emergence of toads, and crafting some fun stuff about Aptera for my six grandsons.. OK this will take a little explaining for the youngest four…. It segways to nature… Which Aptera mimics….
- 35 Replies
- MemberAugust 16, 2021 at 9:42 am
So…you are retired?…from stand up comedy it appears ????
- ModeratorAugust 17, 2021 at 3:58 pm
- ModeratorAugust 26, 2021 at 7:48 am
- AdministratorFebruary 15, 2022 at 3:34 pm
Absolutely love this, Len!
- MemberFebruary 15, 2022 at 8:57 pm
- ModeratorFebruary 19, 2022 at 5:02 am
- ModeratorMay 5, 2022 at 4:46 pm
In a recent video, Chris A. mentioned the Aptera body shape (specifically the curved underbelly) was similar to or inspired by the shape marine life assumes to move through the water more easily. I assume he was speaking of a dolphin or a porpoise. It got me to thinking of the wide 88 inch stance of the front wheels and lo and behold, insects called “water striders” popped into my brain:
“Water striders are able to walk on top of water due to a combination of several factors. Water striders use the high surface tension of water and long, hydrophobic legs to help them stay above water. Gerridae species use this surface tension to their advantage through their highly adapted legs and distributed weight.” Sounds Aptera-like, doesn’t it? Check out the side-by-side comparison below. So once again, Mother Nature got there first;)
- ModeratorMay 5, 2022 at 4:51 pm
- MemberMay 6, 2022 at 6:54 am
Really looking forward to using my kayak paddles again😋. Sold my kayak 2 years ago and had the Paddles in storage.
Can’t wait to see how well my Aptera floats 🙃
- ModeratorMay 6, 2022 at 7:02 am
LOL. I live close to Lake Erie so I have plenty of watery real estate in which to test the seaworthiness of my Aptera! I understand water striders have little filaments on the legs that contribute to their ability to stay on the surface of the water. Maybe gluing some 70s shag carpeting on the Aptera’s wheel pants would help? JK
- MemberMay 6, 2022 at 7:08 am
Man why didn’t I think of that😲? I was just going to try overinflating the tires for extra buoyancy.
Worse comes to worse I can remove the wheel pants for wider tires. Hoping I can get away with a little extra displacement on the surface.
- MemberAugust 3, 2022 at 12:16 pm
- MemberAugust 3, 2022 at 12:27 pm
They did say the Paradigm editions would have something special about them.
- MemberAugust 3, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Yes! I want mine with the fish siren on top too 🐟 🚨
- MemberNovember 28, 2022 at 4:45 pm
- MemberNovember 30, 2022 at 9:32 pm
What is Aptera’s favorite…?
NFL team: The Chargers. NBA team: The Suns. NFL player: J.J. Watt
NHL team: The Lightning
- MemberDecember 3, 2022 at 2:17 am
You know Aptera made the EV shaped like a dolphin on porpoise!
- MemberDecember 8, 2022 at 11:58 pm
- MemberDecember 13, 2022 at 7:00 am
- MemberDecember 19, 2022 at 10:15 am
This morning I was trolling this IG lowlife..who was soliciting me for BTC payment, to get my Aptera early. Gave me a good 😂
- MemberDecember 21, 2022 at 1:53 pm
Can you see the hamster in the window of the fart car?
- MemberJuly 10, 2023 at 6:10 am
- MemberJuly 10, 2023 at 7:44 am
Scroll up to August 3rd.
- MemberJuly 10, 2023 at 6:32 am
Lol I got an email notification for THIS
- MemberAugust 24, 2023 at 6:43 pm