Forum Control

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Forum Control

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Forum Control

• Forum Control

• Joshua Rosen

March 16, 2022 at 7:09 am

Is it possible to move to a system where new posters must have their posts approved by the administrator until the admin has determined that they aren’t a spammer. We just got spammed again by the hockey a-hole. BTW does the Report button do anything? Nothing happens when I click it.

• This discussion was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Joshua Rosen.
  • Ray Holan

March 16, 2022 at 7:49 am

I sent an email directly to Kayleigh Venne alerting her of this spammer. I understand she is the forum administrator now or at least the monitor of the forum. Some vetting of new members as you suggest would help.

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

March 16, 2022 at 8:38 am

You may want to add any problems to this thread, I’m not sure who if anyone is in charge of problems with the site, but it looks like Chris may be working on problems. (Report function for many seems to have been offline for a while.) https://aptera.us/community/discussion/fix-forum-software-please/

Fix forum software please

• Curtis Cibinel

March 16, 2022 at 9:55 am

I admin a large 8000 person hiking group and approve posts; not too much work. Even a captcha when making a post would help.

• Konijnerd the Great

March 16, 2022 at 10:05 am

when making a post would annoy a lot of people.

Approving posts also is too much effort when the forum grows in time.

Some anti-spam methods would work best, and moderators to wipe the rest.

• Patrick Liebknecht

March 16, 2022 at 11:13 am

So basically you’re asking for censorship and cancel culture to remove anyone you don’t agree with ?

• Joshua Rosen

March 16, 2022 at 11:28 am

What!!! We are talking about SPAM not disagreements. This morning we were flooded with a bunch of posts about hockey. This isn’t a hockey forum it’s an Aptera forum. Posts are supposed to be about Aptera or at the very least about Aptera adjacent things like EVs in general, batteries and solar panels. Uncontrolled SPAM kills forums, if you have to weed through dozens of SPAM posts to get to something interesting you’ll just drop the forum.

There is no slippery slope here that would lead to cancel culture, there is a simple bright line about what’s acceptable, i.e. the post should be about Aptera or at the very least something that’s relevant to Aptera as a company or it’s technology.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now