Foxconn EV News

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Foxconn EV News

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Foxconn EV News

• Foxconn EV News

• joshua-rosen

October 18, 2021 at 1:07 pm

Those are probably NEDC ranges, Foxconn in Chinese. EPA ranges will be much lower but still decent.

• ray-holan

October 18, 2021 at 6:26 pm

Thanks for the link to the article, John. One more player in the EV arena. It would be a real boost to the unemployment picture in the Lordstown area of Ohio. Lots of economic hardship in the wake of GM pulling out. I think the last model they made there was the Cobalt.

I note the vehicles mentioned in the article are prototypes which means likely a long way from production ready. Also, Foxcon needs to line up a partner on whose behalf they will build the production version. That may take more time. Even 2023 as stated in the article might be optimistic. Despite the rapid pace of innovation, one of the models being a seven passenger SUV with a 0-60 mph time of 3.6 seconds AND a 400+ mile range makes me press the “we’ll see” button.

• john-malcom

October 18, 2021 at 8:51 pm

The same thing people say/push about Aptera claims.

Lucid is almost there with performance not price point however

• ray-holan

October 19, 2021 at 4:43 am

I made a mistake in my previous post. It was the Cruze, not the Cobalt that was the last vehicle made at the Lordstown GM plant.

Good point about Lucid, John. Yes, their Air Pure model is $77,400 with projected range of 406 miles. It sports 480 HP. The sedan offers seating for 5. Not sure of the weight but I believe it’s 4,500 lbs or more with a 0.21 CD. Makes for a revealing comparison with the Aptera especially when one focuses on the environmental impact. With Aptera at 0.13 CD, curb weight of 2,000 lbs. or so and a significantly smaller battery pack, a good deal less resources are required per vehicle. Of course, we can’t squeeze 5 people into an Aptera, can we? To each his own.

• trollfaced-hudagmail-com

October 18, 2021 at 9:06 pm

i wont be caring until they fix the battery recyling problem, consumerism problem with recycling cars isntead of building cars to last maximally, find balance between energy storage techs while current batteries dont work with recycling problem, wasteland problem, electric grid problem, the “youll own nothing and be happy” problem (right to repair in terms of making it practical to fix rather than needing to recyle for a new car (or like those plastic pieces that melt to be replaced often with usability downtime), trust issues with self driving, etc). light car means more effceint, more agile and fun, lower road repair cost to taxpayer and envriometal costs, etc.

im more impressed even by a few silly cars that dont even try to be environmental like gordon murray t.50, ariel nomad, czinger 21c, b/c at least they excel at what they were made to do and maybe their some of their tech and appeal can inspire for truly meaningful designs. would like to know our concepts are stored and periodically reviewed for testing with new tech as tech changes. a concept couldve been impractical for a decade, but later with the tech changes, it proves worthy of use.

• Biker

September 29, 2022 at 6:25 am

Lordstown Motors Starts Commercial Production of Endurance EV Truck – MarketWatch

Lordstown Motors Corp. said Thursday it has started commercial production of its Endurance full-size pickup truck at the Foxconn electric vehicle Ohio plant.

The company said production volume will ramp slowly as a result of supply chain constraints, and engineering readiness, quality, and part availability will continue to govern the speed of launch.

Lordstown also said it expects to end the quarter with cash and cash equivalents of $195 million, and sees ending 2022 with $110 million in cash and cash equivalents, excluding both any additional capital raises and funding of any contingent liabilities. It will continue to explore capital raising alternatives, including in connection with initial Foxconn JV program and strategic partnership discussions.

The company expects to deliver about 50 units to customers in 2022 and the remainder of the first batch in the first half of 2023, subject to raising sufficient capital.

or to reply.