Fresh Air Intake

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Fresh Air Intake

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Fresh Air Intake

• Fresh Air Intake

• Matt Gleason

May 19, 2022 at 9:14 am

One of my concerns with the Aptera is that it may have no way to take in fresh air for the cabin. Does it have a fresh air intake and filter for the heating and AC? I know the team avoided using an air intake to cool the batteries due to its aerodynamic cost, but I hope there’s a solution for the cabin.

• Len Nowak Nowak

May 19, 2022 at 9:36 am

The FAQ has stated HEPA and UV so air intake would be needed.

Where they placed it????

Even after they seal around the wheel covers/ that area… the vehicle will not be hermetically sealed.,So???

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

May 19, 2022 at 9:54 am

As some have mentioned, there will need to be a well/compartment for the wiper. I would think that would be a likely intake spot. Exhaust is seen at the rear on either side of the license plate.

• John Malcom

May 19, 2022 at 10:29 am

Sounds logical and rational. That is where the HVAC air intake is for all of the cars I have driven. Higher pressure at that point as the air compresses somewhat before moving up the windshield even on an aerodynamic Aptera.

• kerbe2705

May 19, 2022 at 11:13 am

@matt-gleasonAptera’s cabin air intake is between the windshield and the hoot (bonnet) – exactly where it is on most cars on the road. What it doesn’t have is a front grill or nose-mounted air intake.

Yes, there will be a cabin air filter. Yes, there will be AC. Yes, there will be heat. Yes, there will be windows. Yes, there will be windshield wipers. Yes, you will be able to charge Aptera using L1, L2 and DC fast charging, as well as solar. BTW – all of these questions are answered in the FAQ.

• Vernon Michael Gardner

May 19, 2022 at 1:49 pm

Aptera, cold air intake…..jk

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now