Front license / number plates

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Front license / number plates

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Front license / number plates

• Front license / number plates

kerbe2705 updated 4 weeks, 1 day ago 2 Members · 5 Posts
  • Matthew Wakefield

June 5, 2022 at 9:24 pm

In many locations around the world (including my location of Victoria Australia) you are required to display a front license plate. Has Aptera considered these requirements and does it have an aerodynamically acceptable solution?

Found “Registration signs according to the lawRegistration signs according to the law” below

• kerbe2705

June 5, 2022 at 10:00 pm

@Matthew Wakefield – your state doesn’t have a designation for “autocycle” so Aptera will be licensed as a motorcycle. Motorcycles, in Victoria, are issued one number plate that is attached to the rear of the vehicle.

So no worries – she’ll be right, mate!

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/registration/number-plates/general-issue-number-plates

• Matthew Wakefield

June 5, 2022 at 10:27 pm

It has a body pan in front of the driver. It will be M class passenger vehicle here like a car.

• Matthew Wakefield

June 5, 2022 at 10:41 pm

A motor trike does not include:

• a motorcycle with side car attached, or
      • a motor vehicle with 3 wheels that has a body type similar to or commonly known as a sedan, station wagon, coupe convertible, roadster, utility, tray or van.

What is a motor trike?

A motor trike is a motor vehicle with 3 wheels – and no floorpan ahead of the driver. Common examples include the rear-engined Bontrike, Can Am Spyder, Oztrike, and Harley Davidson motorcycles that are fitted with a two-wheeled rear axle. “ https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/registration/new-registration/register-a-motor-trike

• kerbe2705

June 7, 2022 at 11:04 pm

@Matthew Wakefield Try though I might I can’t find any mention on Victoria or Australian Federal transportation sites about “M class passenger vehicles” – as a matter of fact, I can’t find mention of any sort of classification except weight and overall body size.

It seems that no one in Australian government has considered the possibility of a vehicle like Aptera.

Have you found any specific information?

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now