Fully Charged – San Diego – September 2022

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Fully Charged – San Diego – September 2022

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Fully Charged – San Diego – September 2022

• Fully Charged – San Diego – September 2022

John Voules updated 2 months, 3 weeks ago 31 Members · 69 Posts
  • Casey McCarty

May 29, 2022 at 11:48 pm

Is Aptera planning anything special for this weekend of the 10th and 11th?

• Ray Holan

May 30, 2022 at 5:38 am

Hi, Casey. I’ve heard from one of Aptera’s employees that they plan to attend. This seems like a good marketing move insofar as Fully Charged has quite an online following.

• Casey McCarty

May 30, 2022 at 9:01 am

Aloha Ray, Thanks for posting. I was wondering if they we’re going to host anything like a show n tell at the San Diego facilities or a no-host dinner near the show? Something social.

• Ray Holan

May 30, 2022 at 10:32 am

Mahalo, Casey. Good question. Don’t know the answer to that. You might want to send an email query to Brooke Engerman, who is Aptera’s PR person. Send to ambassador@aptera.us.

• Casey McCarty

May 30, 2022 at 10:45 am

The front door huh. I’ll try it. Thanks.

• Gordon Niessen

June 23, 2022 at 7:12 pm

If they will be there, then so will I. But I need confirmation before I book the flight.

• Casey McCarty

June 23, 2022 at 9:49 pm

Early flight rates are usually much cheaper than two weeks. Hence my inquiry.

• kerbe2705

June 23, 2022 at 10:10 pm

I checked hotels in the greater SD area for that weekend and they’re booking-up fast.

• kerbe2705

July 5, 2022 at 9:17 am

Aptera will be participating in Fully Charged Live San Diego in September!

https://youtu.be/_llBauetc14

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

July 5, 2022 at 9:44 am

For those who don’t want to ramble through the 22 minute video, here’s a link to the only important thing (RE: Aptera) he says: https://fullycharged.live/us/

• Ray Holan

July 5, 2022 at 12:46 pm

Hi, Oz. Checked out the link you provided. It gets me to Fully Charged website and a 4 minute segment, but there’s nothing in that video about Aptera. Is there a specific link on their webpage you intended us to view?

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

July 5, 2022 at 12:57 pm

Not really, the main thread video is 22 minutes but basically says, “Aptera will be there”. The link I put in just takes you to the main page for the US portion of the tour and in the picture, indicates that “Aptera will be there” I assume they will update with further info, as well there are links to information and I assume further updates on finding and attending the tour.

• kerbe2705

July 5, 2022 at 9:19 pm

@Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz) It’s just nice to hear it said by a noted personality – and it’s all within the first three or four minutes of the video: No reason to scare folks off!

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

July 6, 2022 at 5:16 am

Not particularly trying to scare anyone off, but with so much being posted in so many locations nowadays, there are only so many hours to review things.

• Carl Knapp Knapp

July 5, 2022 at 7:30 pm

I see him say it at 2:22. Are there any confirmations from Aptera and what they plan to display?

• The Traveller

July 5, 2022 at 8:23 pm

Aptera has posted it on their Events page (it wasn’t there earlier today though). So it’s confirmed.

• Dennis Swaney

July 6, 2022 at 9:24 am

And even though I’m subscribed to the Events page for emails on upcoming events, I still haven’t received one email. Ditto for notifications of new posts to this forum, subscribed but no notifications.

• kerbe2705

July 5, 2022 at 9:21 pm

@Carl Knapp Knapp I was told that they hope to have a Gamma built in time but it’s safe to assume that the three Alphas will be on display.

• Dennis Swaney

July 6, 2022 at 9:25 am

I thought the Gamma was to be revealed later this month?

• kerbe2705

July 6, 2022 at 10:11 am

@Dennis Swaney I was told this about a week before the webinar. What we don’t know, yet, is if the Gamma promised for July will be a full rolling prototype or if it will be a static “design buck”.

I hope Aptera can produce a drivable Gamma – maybe even a few of them – because it’s time for the Alphas to be retired!

• Dennis Swaney

July 6, 2022 at 10:43 am

If it is just a “design buck”, then I doubt any actual production will start before the end of this year. It’ll then be Spring/Summer ’23 before any real world cars are delivered.

• George Hughes

July 5, 2022 at 9:34 pm

Are you folks missing the picturing of Aptera prominently in the top right corner of the static episode image and also at 1:58 … Admitted those advertising the event played the Rivian up first with the Tesla to the left, while Aptera is relegated to the right part of the image which includes presumably an electric bicycle; an electric motorcycle and at the top the Aptera.

I’d call it ‘third billing’ in terms of the vehicles featured.

To me, it shows a boost in confidence in Aptera by Electrify America and the Fully Charged show. I mean there are production Rivian’s and Tesla’s on the road. Of course the real payoff is will be when the event happens and the resulting videos’ and buzz are hyped.

And remember, there are several editions of the Fully Charged shows between now and September. You can imagine as the show promotes the event to its viewers over the summer, Aptera may even be a focus of some of the promotions.

Remember, a picture says a thousand words.

• The Traveller

July 6, 2022 at 6:08 am

I don’t think it was a point of it being missed (I noticed it immediately and I’m sure others did as well). I believe they just wanted confirmation since Aptera hadn’t made an official announcement of their participation yet. As I mentioned in my reply to Carl, this event wasn’t posted on the Aptera events page until after activity on this discussion thread started to pick up (I checked it as soon as I saw this post yesterday and it wasn’t there).

• Carl Knapp Knapp

July 6, 2022 at 11:56 pm

🔌I agree with The Traveller. One thing I just noticed in the bottom right photo image is my two GoCycle G4i EV folding bikes that will be at the show should fit in the trunk of the Aptera with room for luggage.🔌

• The Traveller

August 8, 2022 at 1:33 pm

Who’s planning on attending? 👇🏽= those of us who won’t be attending and will be waiting to see/hear/read all the feedback on the newest Aptera build.

• BRUCE MENGLER

August 8, 2022 at 1:39 pm

I already have my ticket to SD Fully charged & after visiting the Convention Center I have tickets to the Padres vs. the Dodgers at Petco that is about 0.5 miles away. I hope Aptera will be showing the gamma version & will allow folks to actually sit in it.

• Len Nowak

August 8, 2022 at 1:40 pm

Me🖐

• Sam Adams

August 8, 2022 at 4:11 pm

Dang! I clicked thinking round trip tickets were being given away!!

• Vernon Sinnott

August 8, 2022 at 4:21 pm

I have requested Aptera exhibit @ the Calgary International Auto & Truck Show March 8-12, 2023. I hope to see Aptera there.

• Graeme Hanna

August 10, 2022 at 8:08 pm

I would second that request. Hopefully the CTO Nathan Armstrong, would make sure the Aptera makes an appearance at his local Auto show.

FYI The first Fully Charged Aptera video drops tomorrow on Youtube, August 11 @ noon ET according to twitter.

Should be good. They have 918k YT subscribers. I’m expecting a surge in reservations.

• Vernon Sinnott

August 13, 2022 at 8:36 pm

You’d think Nathan Armstrong would get this done. Even the Vancouver Fully Charged show is 13 months away. I like to see more events listed.

• Gary Aulfinger

August 8, 2022 at 9:27 pm

Got tickets for my wife and me months ago. Renting a Niro EV from Turo one we land.

• Tom Friend

August 10, 2022 at 8:42 am

Does anyone have an “access code”? It would be nice to get a discount. Aptera perhaps?

• John Voules

August 10, 2022 at 8:59 am

I just ordered with discount. Once my items were totaled, it automatically gave me the 25% off.

Is it possible you didn’t go to the final step prior to payment?

• Ron Gibbs

August 10, 2022 at 6:50 pm

My wife and I will be attending the Dodgers-Padres game on Saturday and SD Fully Charged on Sunday.

• Howard Harris

August 12, 2022 at 7:45 am

I live in San Diego and plan on taking the trolley to the convention center. Are there discount codes for the tickets?

• Carl Knapp Knapp

August 15, 2022 at 3:29 pm

I’m flying in and taking the free bus to my hotel located in Old Town than taking the trolley to the show. For a 15% discount code use “TE22” which is from the YouTuber Transport Enovled. She is supported by the Electrical Vehicle Association and has some very informative videos.

• Raj Giandeep

August 13, 2022 at 9:09 pm

I’ll be going & getting footage as well.

• Peter Dezendorf

August 14, 2022 at 6:18 am

Take LOTS of pics and videos!

• John Malcom

August 14, 2022 at 7:36 am

👍👍

• Raj Giandeep

August 14, 2022 at 12:44 pm

I will. got a Insta360 RS with all 3 lenses included a 360 one. Doing some test footage on my own car to prepare for some nice B-Roll of Aptera. I’ll do interviews if they are up for it.

• David Marlow

August 14, 2022 at 12:22 pm

When it was announce that Gamma would be reviled last month, now its next month. So if it was reviled last month I expected that I might get one by spring, now I am hoping for next summer.

Every day the Gamma is delayed is another day before I get mine.

Hopefully it will be at the show and get lots of great reviews and enough investors will jump in to supply enough cash to get production started.

• Kevin Bradbury

August 14, 2022 at 1:22 pm

@David Marlow – Why do you hate it so much? There’s a few things from the R-E-V-E-A-L that aren’t to my taste, but I don’t revile it at all. 😜

Signed,

The Spelling Police.

• Quiviran

September 3, 2022 at 10:09 am

Hoping for an Aptera reveille real soon.

• John Malcom

August 14, 2022 at 4:21 pm

I think impossible to predict delivery schedule at this point. Especially for us armchair quarterbacks. Too many moving parts and unknowns to the equation. It would have been nice to see the gamma earlier, but for me the drop dead is the September event for a complete and fully functional gamma.

If the gamma is really good and the stars align with the supply chain, PERHAPS an easy and quick transition to the delta production intent vehicle. The long pole in the tent for that is supply chain responsiveness and stability.

For production and production ramp, two potential long poles. Supply chain again, and production capitol. And of course, optimizing the production process early will be important.

I think the biggest obstacle is something Aptera has no control over and must be very frustrating for them. The supply chain.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  John Malcom.
      • This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Gabriel Kemeny.
      • Sam Adams

August 15, 2022 at 4:32 am

You’re not complaining, are you? Patients is a virtue, maybe Aptera isn’t for you.

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

August 15, 2022 at 7:37 am
        • John Malcom

August 15, 2022 at 8:35 am

No there is no complaint in the post.

The comments are observations that come for decades of experience in R&D. However, there is nothing there that anyone with a little thought would not be able to discern. Aptera’s management is astute and experienced and working to remediate those and other risks.

Did you catch the tactful and humorous hint from the post by OZ about the word patients/patience?

• Ray Holan

August 14, 2022 at 2:39 pm

I want this little rascals picture on a tee shirt with the caption, “Aptera, I’m waiting…”

• GLENN ZAJIC

September 1, 2022 at 1:47 pm

I wonder why the Aptera was replaced on the main advertisement brochure.

Also has anyone seen any schedule for presentations that weekend?

• Kevin Bradbury

September 2, 2022 at 8:12 am

@GLENN ZAJIC – Aptera is listed as an exhibitor and partner on the Fully Charged website. Don’t scare me like that.

Sponsors

• Carl Knapp Knapp

September 2, 2022 at 8:46 am

Aptera will be there per a conference call this week. They look forward to meeting everyone. I am not aware of an official schedule from Aptera during the show. Regarding your remark about Aptera being replaced on Fully Charge LIVE’s brochure, I also noticed that earlier this week on their digital main page. Today Aptera and GoCycle are back on the main page. It appears to me it changes based on when you view or possibly your browser cache.

• GLENN ZAJIC

September 3, 2022 at 8:44 am

Fully Charged Live just released the events schedule and exhibitors guide. Looks like Aptera has a pretty prominent spot (64) on the floor, and will have Sandy Munro as guest speaker at 10 am Sat.

• Dennis Swaney

September 3, 2022 at 1:21 pm

A better spot would be 118 between Electric Vehicle Association and Electrify America with 78 as an alternate. That would put Aptera smack dab in front of the entrance.

• Raj Giandeep

September 3, 2022 at 2:43 pm

Sandy Munro & Aptera kicking off the weekend! Hype!

• Paul Kirchner

September 3, 2022 at 9:34 am

Curious why San Diego is the one stop in the US for the Fully Charged Show company? Recently San Diego hosted another EV gathering. Not being combative but fully curious as why San Diego was picked.

• John Voules

September 3, 2022 at 2:09 pm

With out being over political, it is a freindly state towards non ice vehicles. San Diego has a great year round climate. I was a flight attendant for 20 years and have been to most major cities in the US and I must say San Diego is my favorite….Lower 48

How awesome that it is at APTERA’s back door.

• Bob Kirchner

September 3, 2022 at 4:08 pm

Last time they came to the U.S. it was Austin Texas. Next year’s North American event will be in Vancouver BC.

• Dennis Swaney

September 4, 2022 at 8:41 pm

If they can have 3 in Europe, then they could have 3 here: 1 in Canada and 2 in these United States.

• John Voules

September 4, 2022 at 9:35 pm

USA Population 329,000,000

Mexico …..129,000,000

Canada…..38,000,000

Why do we never count Mexico as regional heavy weight?…more than 3 times population of Canada.

European sales of EVs is much greater than what is sold in North America. Probably a better idea for Fully Charge to have more where the market is.

• Curtis Cibinel

September 4, 2022 at 10:30 pm

Canada has very similar road rules to the USA, higher median income and high ev adoption per capita. It is relatively easy to transport completed vehicles to either one (unlike Europe). Europe also has a good number of affordible evs compared to the USA like the mg4 and byd products (more competition), need for localization and regulatory (and functional) issues around width. Mexico has a comparatively small ev market.

• Curtis Cibinel

September 5, 2022 at 10:02 am

Another little detail is that BC (a province of 5 million) exceeds the EV sales in Mexico. Mexico leads Latin America in EVs but it will take time for infrastructure and low cost EVs to truly drive numbers.

sources:

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/71-607-x/71-607-x2021019-eng.htm

https://www.theyucatantimes.com/2022/02/mexico-leads-the-electric-car-sales-market-in-latin-america/

• John Voules

September 5, 2022 at 10:33 am

I understand your position and your stats CC. I am also hoping for all the Canadian provinces come to terms at modernizing their mobility laws.

Mexico actually surpassed Canada at automobile manufacturing back in 2013 to become number two in North America. Eventually SEVs & EVs will take over their ice manufacturing in the not so distant future. Mexico does not have the strict regulations that the rest of North America has implemented. They have a greater variety of vehicles than either US or Canada and when SEVs and EVs become less expensive in that particular part of the world they will definitely adapt to newer technology. Especially with free sunshine to help pay for their travels.

• Dennis Swaney

September 5, 2022 at 12:23 pm

The only reason they surpassed Canada was because Ford, GM, Chrysler, et al, closed plants in Canada (and these United States) and moved production to Mexico where they only have to pay very low wages. This of course gave the automakers massive income for their board members and upper management.

• John Voules

September 5, 2022 at 3:29 pm

No argument there. Asian auto makers also set up in Mexico to try and skirt North American Free Trade Agreement.

Viewing 1 - 25 of 26 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now