Gamma Video Is Live !

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Gamma Video Is Live !

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Gamma Video Is Live !

• Gamma Video Is Live !

kerbe2705 updated 1 month, 1 week ago 30 Members · 62 Posts
  • OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

August 12, 2022 at 1:04 pm

Gamma has dropped; From Aptera. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlSBvucps9Y

• Gary Aiello

August 12, 2022 at 1:20 pm

Even more excited now, but what do I do for the next year waiting to get mine, except keep on dreaming about it

• Pistonboy Delux

August 12, 2022 at 1:45 pm

Notice the charging is behind the rear license plate. There is no charger connector there, only the hole for one. Notice the size? What is the only connector that would fit that hole !

• Francis Giroux

August 12, 2022 at 2:32 pm

The J1772 without the CCS could fit there, but that would be incomplete, but probably all I need. I would of course prefer the Tesla connector.

• Pistonboy Delux

August 12, 2022 at 1:48 pm

I’m sorry, I forgot.

There is no white modular monstrosity console. ( Thank goodness ! )

• Jonah Jorgenson

August 12, 2022 at 2:06 pm

I guess this is what constitutes the gamma drop, or a half of one, or a quarter of one. A little underwhelming for such a milestone event and still mostly focusing on the inside. A little “Side” an instant of “Front” and a “Back” that answers the question about where the charge port will be. I guess we will be getting a Tesla plug. Will need to find a CCS1 adapter somewhere. Hopefully, Aptera will sell or provide one. Understand Chris’s videos now trying to justify/convince about a decision to use a Tesla plug. We will be getting the Little Kitty yoke. I will adjust to that.

Still unanswered questions about what the other “Things” are on the back, visors, solar on dash etc.

Wish once we could get a whole story from Aptera at one time.

At least we know gamma exists in some form. No indication that it is complete or operational.

• Ray Holan

August 12, 2022 at 2:11 pm

Thanks, OZ. I do like the white interior even though it means I’ll need to carry a cleanup kit — my daily errands invariably end up with debris and smudges in places that surprise me;)

I’m 6 ft. so I appreciate the comments from the taller guy about having enough head room.

I’m also relieved that what appears to be a fabric-like covering (gray) on the yoke is a darker color that will not show dirt as readily.

• Jared Cormier

August 12, 2022 at 2:18 pm

The bulb on the back is probably for license plate and charging port illumination.

• Dennis Swaney

August 12, 2022 at 2:45 pm

That makes sense because of the legal requirement for rear plates to be illuminated at night. That it will also help plugging in after dark is just gravy.

• Llewellyn Evans

August 12, 2022 at 4:33 pm

Looks like the boot release

• Dennis Swaney

August 12, 2022 at 7:04 pm

Look again. You can see the clear lens on the flat right side of the housing.

• Bob Kirchner

August 14, 2022 at 9:05 am

Could be both.

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

August 12, 2022 at 7:08 pm

I’m thinking it might be the rear gun turret.

• Dennis Swaney

August 12, 2022 at 7:14 pm

30mm with DU rounds?

• Eric Williams

August 13, 2022 at 1:44 pm

But DU would not be environmentally friendly; maybe steel or copper.

• robert engelhart

August 12, 2022 at 2:19 pm

Are they kidding me with this 2 min video, really!!.

You could almost make the same video panning and zooming into the 4 photos they released last week. Didn’t even bother to power up the displays!! They zoomed in on some fabric WOW.

• Ray Holan

August 12, 2022 at 2:33 pm

I hear you, Robert. By now, I’m kind of used to short videos being offered as “events”. Not my preference, but we get what we get.

• Francis Giroux

August 12, 2022 at 2:39 pm

Patience is a virtue that takes practice to develop. I’m not complaining about not seeing a back-up camera. I’m sure it will show up later, or I’ll install an aftermarket one. Otherwise, I like what I see, I won’t fret about what I do not see. Yet.

• Llewellyn Evans

August 12, 2022 at 4:36 pm

I think they are going to dribble the teasers out until the reveal at the motor show in September and still leave something to reveal at the show. I don’t expect to see the whole car until then.

• Russell Fauver

August 13, 2022 at 10:22 am

Probably didn’t want to show more because the vehicle was incomplete at the time of filming. You’ll notice the gas and brake pedals were not installed. There seemed to be no power to the vehicle since no lights or screens were on. The plug to charge the car was not installed. There’s a strange mounting bracket on the floor next to the driver’s foot that looks like something needs attached to it. I didn’t see any signs of solar on the vehicle dash, roof, hood or hatch. Definitely a work in progress. I liked everything I saw in the video so far. I’m really looking forward to future updates as it progresses through its assembly process.

• Norman Roberts

August 13, 2022 at 2:58 pm

you could see the pedals in other views

• Kevin Bradbury

August 13, 2022 at 2:59 pm

@Russell Fauver – You are correct in that the vehicle does seem incomplete. However, I want to correct a couple of observations. The “strange mounting bracket” is strange, but it is mounted on top of the tunnel/hump. Anyone’s guess as what it could be for. My first guess with no wagering behind it, is for wiring. In a video from Aptera Owner’s Club, it shows the gas and brake pedals installed but are not in your screen grab due to camera angle. The AOC video shows that they are very standard pedals and not the + and – pedals shown in the computer rendering of gamma(kinda dissappointing). I too like many things shown and finding it hard to wait for the completed reveal with a thorough walk around hopefully to go with it.

Actually, you can see a portion of the accelerator pedal in the above pic. The bottom of the green circle runs right over the top of it.

• Alain Chuzel

August 12, 2022 at 2:32 pm

Any one else concerned about the status of the solar panel development? Because I’m solar-obsessed, throughout the video I did nothing but look for a hint of a solar cell and saw nothing. Someone talk me down please!

• Dennis Swaney

August 12, 2022 at 2:41 pm

Maybe the only obvious changes were the addition of more cells outside and the reduction of the number on the dash that was covered a couple of weeks ago? Perhaps some of the nitty-gritty changes will be announced at the event in September.

• Steven G. Bueche

August 12, 2022 at 2:44 pm

I did freeze the video where I could see the tail section. Didn’t see any solar there. Maybe those tiles were the ones they referred to when they said they’d made room for more tiles on the roof and hood (I suspect) It would save on thin wires needing to run from the back of the car for 6 tiles.

I do like the white pineapple leather. If it’s like the Tesla you simply wipe it with a baby wipe.

The interior looks clean and minimalist. I suspect the center console hasn’t had any of the optional sections placed. Cleaner hinges, Intuitive new nose section and wheel covers all looks good.

Not crazy about a fabric yoke covering but the fabric looks tough like the older Jeep have. Mine is 25 years old and still looks good.

So far, it’s a hit out of the park for me.

• Pistonboy Delux

August 12, 2022 at 2:40 pm

While the solar is a great idea, it is not that important to me. If they had a solid rear hatch with no solar cells on it, I would gladly take it. The rear hatch window lets in prying eyes and too much hot sunlight for me.

Aptera is the only two seater EV. Plus it is sporty and affordable.

• Bob Kirchner

August 12, 2022 at 2:47 pm

I hope they’ve made progress on more than just the interior by now.

• Llewellyn Evans

August 12, 2022 at 4:39 pm

The interior looks high quality and well thought out.

If the rest of the car has seen the same attention to detail, then we are in for a treat!😀

• John Malcom

August 12, 2022 at 5:11 pm

Agreed.

Not a lot of information here. In the gamma all subsystems should be operational. This would be more compelling if the gamma were driving around on a local road with someone narrating and pointing out the implemented features and or in the facility with someone showing all of the questionable functionality implemented and answering ALL of the questions to date a out the configuration

• Lawrence Leonard

August 13, 2022 at 5:51 am

I agree with John. I come away from the video feeling like the vehicle is a non-operational shell. Isn’t Gamma the prototype they intend to test before production of the Delta? Help me here John. You’re one of my go-to guys on the discussion boards. Did I miss something obvious?

• Dennis Swaney

August 12, 2022 at 2:48 pm

I don’t like how the seat back is severely reclined; hopefully it will be adjustable. At least one of the employees was filmed moving the seat itself closer to the pedals.

• Joel Smith

August 12, 2022 at 4:35 pm

The photo with the petite darker skinned brunette shows the seat far more upright. Guessing that is all adjustable.

• Llewellyn Evans

August 12, 2022 at 4:48 pm

Seat back angle is adjustable.

At 0:18 the girl gets into the car with the back more upright, next shot at 0.21 it is reclined again.

• Dennis Swaney

August 12, 2022 at 7:01 pm

Yep, I missed that. For a video supposedly about the interior, they could have actually shown the seat back adjustment.

• kerbe2705

August 12, 2022 at 11:24 pm

@Dennis Swaney Both women have the seatback more upright and one of the guys has it more reclined than others…

• Kevin Bradbury

August 12, 2022 at 5:02 pm

“I want an Oompa Loo…erm….I want an Aptera. I want an Aptera NOW!”

I guess I better start taking glucosamine and chondroitin supplements and keep my knees limber to get in and out of it.😆

• Peter Dezendorf

August 12, 2022 at 5:18 pm

Getting in should be no problem. Getting out? That could be a problem…….

• Dennis Swaney

August 12, 2022 at 7:19 pm

Hmmm, perhaps the seats could be made to rotate so they face out then they would tilt to deposit you gently on the ground.

• Kevin Bradbury

August 12, 2022 at 7:43 pm

@Dennis Swaney – With right to repair, I can rip out the seat and replace it with my father’s easy up lift chair.😜

• Paul Schultz

August 12, 2022 at 6:15 pm

Yes, I ran through the people exiting in slow motion and all of them were balancing on one leg, leaning forward while deftly pulling the trailing right leg/foot out of the foot well, over the door jamb and out. Some received extra points from the judges as they maintained a pointed toe during the process!

• Kevin Bradbury

August 12, 2022 at 7:15 pm

The getting in, even the youngins seemed to really have to bend the knee and pull the toes up. Getting out, saw a couple of them drag the trailing foot out across the door frame.

I’m afraid that at some point I’m going to “stick the landing”, with my face, on the ground, probably in front of people.😕

• Paul Schultz

August 12, 2022 at 8:06 pm

I bet they were instructed to make it look as easy as possible with no, or little, need to use hands on doors or frame for support. It might have actually appeared easier if they did use their hands for support ad they transitioned.

• Russell Fauver

August 13, 2022 at 3:28 am

Me too! I can see me snagging my toe and going down. I’ll need to come up with a different exit strategy.

• John Voules

August 13, 2022 at 10:23 am

As I reviewed the video again….I realized if they had standard doors it would be nearly impossible to get out in that fashion. With a new car there will always be some kind of adjustment to entering your vehicle. We must 1st learn to enter the APTERA, then learn to function it’s steering then master the final exit. Can’t wait to get at it.

• Russell Fauver

August 13, 2022 at 10:37 am

True. On the plus side, I noticed they weren’t bumping their heads on the door as they exited. They must have set the door hinges at a different angle from the alphas. I noticed a few people bumping their heads on the door at the Electrify Expo.

• kerbe2705

August 18, 2022 at 3:40 pm

@Russell Fauver Since the Alpha, the door shape and the body shape have changed: The door has gotten larger and the body side is more upright. The hinges, too, have changed: The door now appears to open a bit more “up” than “out”.

• Wes Man

August 12, 2022 at 8:35 pm

If you want a longer video, go into the YouTube settings and change the playback speed to 0.25x 😁.

• Riley …

August 12, 2022 at 10:03 pm

I like that the charge plug is slightly shifted to the driver side to accommodate shorter cables of a certain type of public charger.

I hope the license plate light is durable since its the furthest back part of the vehicle and may be the mechanism to open the rear hatch.

• Riley …

August 13, 2022 at 6:29 am

Every time I watch it I see new little details, does anyone have guess as to what the little Circe might be on the front of the wheel pants? Would be weird to have such a large cap covering a bolt in that spot so it must be a proximity sensor.

Also can’t seem to find the location of the lower backup camera or the upper rear view camera.

The only thing that that draws my eyes in and looks a bit off is the high mount brake light, I will definitely be tinting it black so it doesn’t stand out like a geometric thumb.

• Sam Adams

August 14, 2022 at 7:17 am

That center brake light nestles in between the solar cells if equipped, though still kinda ugly. The cutouts inside it, do you think they’re shaped like water drops or more like arrowheads pointing upward?

I do think that’s a quick release fastener being covered on the pants front.

• Russell Fauver

August 13, 2022 at 10:14 am

It looks to me like the charge port is set at an angle too. It doesn’t appear to be parallel with the back edge of the vehicle. Like maybe the back of the plug handle will be pointing towards the left a bit. Not sure what that’s about.

• Russell Fauver

August 13, 2022 at 3:20 am

I like the new headlight, rear corner lights and the full on flying saucer shape when viewed from behind.

• Sam Adams

August 13, 2022 at 9:10 am

That Yoke looks really silly. And the logo on the frunk looks like a pimple at the tip of the nose.

• Mark Salyzyn

August 13, 2022 at 11:16 am

Please do not hold back, tell us how you really feel! 😉

• Sam Adams

August 13, 2022 at 11:26 am

Lol, I did.. but left out suggestions

• GLENN ZAJIC

August 14, 2022 at 11:03 am

I like the redesigned license/charge port cover. Not sure if it is the law, but I believe when vehicles are charging in public, their identity should be displayed. The older version hid the license ID tag.

• Joshua Caldwell

August 18, 2022 at 2:20 pm

Something that stood out to me was how nearly every persons foot got caught when exiting the vehicle.

• Mark Salyzyn

August 18, 2022 at 3:32 pm

I do not mind if a car makes me look old, but for gohd’s sake I don’t want it to make me look fat.

61 years old. My last “car’ was actually a trio of GL1800 + S2000 + 28a, each with their own ingress/egress issues. XJ6 before them. AFAIC the Aptera looks like a breeze comparatively, but I expect we will get used to it. My experience with the S2000 with a similar seat and ingress/egress is that it will be nice to have a yoke instead of a wheel to give my legs the clearance, got caught up, and even got bruised a few times. Overall I remain pleased and my expectations are moderated. I look forward to getting used to it.

• kerbe2705

August 18, 2022 at 3:47 pm

@Mark Salyzyn Just as the answer to, “Does this outfit make me look fat?” should always be an emphatic, “NO!” – I suppose we’d better prepare the same response for, “Does this car make me look fat?” 🤣

• kerbe2705

August 18, 2022 at 3:45 pm

@Joshua Caldwell Did you notice that most of them sat first and then swiveled their legs into the vehicle – but then didn’t think to reverse that process when exiting? Almost invariably they put one foot on the ground and tried to stand while dragging the other foot out of the vehicle behind them.

Viewing 1 - 19 of 19 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now