Gemini 001

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Gemini 001

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Gemini 001

• Gemini 001

John Malcom updated 5 months ago 4 Members · 6 Posts
  • Joshua Vance Vance

January 19, 2022 at 11:26 am

Apparently one of O.N.E.s battery packs gave a Model S over 752 miles of range.

Home

They begin production this year, and will scale up in 2023. Here’s hoping all goes well.

• John Malcom

January 19, 2022 at 12:17 pm

Thanks for this. Looks like LFP will take a leap ahead. This should thrill Curtis.

Now longer range and higher energy density available along with the other advantages of LFP.

They still have to bring to market at a reasonable cost and on schedule.

Too late for Aptera this time around but may be right for Aptera 2.0 Maybe 2000mi per charge with all of the other efficiencies in Aptera design

• Joshua Vance Vance

January 26, 2022 at 6:09 pm

Well, one thing we’ve got no shortage of currently is promising battery companies I suppose. I’ll be keeping an eye on a few of them though, got some neat approaches.

• Vernon Michael Gardner

January 26, 2022 at 6:46 pm

This battery is more than twice the physical size of the ones planned for the Aptera. It is great that more companies are working to improve the batteries and competition may yield some big steps forward in design, size and materials.

• Jacob Bunce

January 29, 2022 at 10:15 am

I was originally going to get the 1000 mile Aptera for the increased battery lifetime. However, given that battery tech is advancing so rapidly, I decided to do the 400 mile battery. When it wears out I will hopefully be able to replace it with better tech.

• John Malcom

January 29, 2022 at 11:07 am

My approach too! Makes sense the way battery tech is evolving and so many companies now working on advancing the technology. The 400mi is right for commuting and occasional short trips we take and will wear out based on my usage profile about the time some of this other tech matures and is priced as a commodity

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now