Glowing green logo

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Glowing green logo

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Glowing green logo

• Glowing green logo

• G N

December 5, 2021 at 11:41 am

Could we talk you out of the huge, glowing green logo on the side? It detracts from the otherwise sleek appearance – especially while driving.

I don’t mind the design of the logo itself – only the huge size and the fact that it’s illuminated. Maybe also the green color. 🙂 Reminds me of fast-food delivery cars. Not a good look.

Imagine a 3”-diameter white logo that glows only when you’re about to get in the car. Classy, right?

Anybody else agree?

• Len Nowak Nowak

December 5, 2021 at 1:35 pm

Well IMHO you are are asking Aptera Motors Corporation to change their logo color in that location (and perhaps the front ?)

A colored logo referred to them as a hearth felt symbol!

I am ok with it being green

I suppose you could lighten , change the color etc it once it is yours?

One function of the glow is charging “ I believe “

Many EV these days have a welcoming sequencing of body lights upon entry it start up…

My wife’s vehicle projects the vehicle’s brand logo on the ground when the door opens like a welcome mat

Some people remove all badging and/or monotone their vehicles

When I first saw the orange accents in the Vida interior I thought “ That seems bright and I like to other colors in that interior” Then I saw it first hand and ❤️ it!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I hope to grows on you

( I live in an area with many naturalist who are bird watchers and there issue is all the chimes and rings cars make when they stop, open their door or start their vehicle as it frightens the birds

They have disarmed them)

• Guy SKEER

December 5, 2021 at 2:20 pm

I would like it if it was a Multifunctional Indicator – Flashing Brightly (Selectable Color, as there will soon be as many APTERAS as Priuses), as You remotely unlock YOURS. That it would indicate State of Charge as You Approach the (Charging) Car Maybe dimly showing Red, Yellow or Green, or ROYGBIV. That it Would Blink RED if Folks Touched the Vehicle without a KeyFob “In Range”. It could also function as a “Somebody Hit/Messed with The Vehicle” indicator.

It is a Car Badge, OnlyFound On Vehicles since they were Invented. The Company wants to Advertise, and to be Identifiable. The Shape of the car IS unique enough for ID, FOREVER, I should think!

• Ron Ledohowski

December 5, 2021 at 3:53 pm

I think their green “glogo” looks good; unique, identifiable & represents new age electric with its luminescence. It’s my opinion, of course.

• my_discord_number_is_0328 bloody stupid

December 5, 2021 at 7:03 pm

logo needs to be replaced with “aptera” written out, so people can search it up and talk about it. search by image is not mainstream nor is barcode scanner. it can be small b/c people dont want big logo that can be seen from far and if they are ok with it they can have it for free while other wraps have extra charge.

• Ron Ledohowski

December 5, 2021 at 7:34 pm

For whatever it’s worth…

Mercedes, Cadillac and many other car companies or brands associate to a graphic.

Apple & Tesla too.

It glows because it’s electric, it’s green because of the environment. The vehicle is different, because it is

People will identify the brand over time by the unique glogo being what it is on a standout vehicle.

An identifiable symbol can (does) have a positive effect to the brand, perception & image; “if” you can entrench one.

P.S. I actually ❤️ the “glogo” concept & location. It’s ingenious for a bunch of reasons IMHO; identifiability being one of them.

BTW, Aptera text on the back deck as a static emblem or flat decal (choose which side of rear deck’s set of three solar diamonds – *passenger or driver’s side), OR dead center worked neatly into a license plate frame. Just a thought.

• John Malcom

December 5, 2021 at 7:45 pm

Agree with keeping the logo. uniquely associated with Aptera. An identity discriminator. I am a very senior citizen and I still think of cars by their logo. Ronster is an experienced marketing person. I may disagree with him on some things, but back him 100% on marketing statements. I believe he has a better understanding of the benefit of the logo than those of us that aren’t masters of the marketing discipline.

Besides, Aptera chose to do so. The Aptera has so many great things going for it, even if I didn’t like the logo I would buy the car. There is always duck tape……

• Ron Ledohowski

December 5, 2021 at 7:53 pm

Disagreements aren’t inherently bad as they often lead to even better answers & solutions IMHO.

Whilst there are ten ways to a wrong answer, there’s often ten ways to a right one too.

The relentless search for “Greater Truth” will always lead innovation.

• Curtis Cibinel

December 5, 2021 at 10:35 pm

Given many people will be poking around the car the answer is simple. Put the word Aptera in green or white under the glowgos. From a distance it will just be a dashed underline and the component cost difference should be minimal. Not sure if the front logo glows but probably leave that one.

• kerbe2705

December 5, 2021 at 9:40 pm

I’m happy with the small glogo on the nose – and would love to see another on the tail. The oversized glogos and the white dots on the sides, though, are – IMHO – design overkill. And – even though they are LED-lit – they’re still draining power…

• Philip Raymond

December 5, 2021 at 11:59 pm

There was a community post topic a month or so back called “other descriptive names” and I suggested the Aptera Audacity. Aside from phonically sticking with a letter A, I thought it spoke to it’s disruption of the auto industry. Whatever Aptera decides to call their first vehicle (or not), the words Aptera, followed by the model name either on the front and/or back should be done, in addition to the green light logo on the side. Not that Aptera needs to copy legacy automakers, but they usually did have a vehicle and or company name spelled out somewhere, in addition to the company logo/badge.

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

December 6, 2021 at 6:06 am

Philip, the name is a done deal for the vehicle, not a roadster as some have stated. (That term is mentioned in the SEC filings but appears to be a description not a name.)

• G Johns

December 6, 2021 at 5:07 am

I like it just the way it is. If it bothers you cover it with duct tape.

• Peter Jorgensen

December 6, 2021 at 7:33 am

If you don’t like it, cover it with black vinyl wrap – or unplug it. There are easy solutions to this.

• G N

December 6, 2021 at 7:52 am

The “just cover it” comments strike me as unserious. If I wanted duct tape on my car, I could just drive a rusty old beater, where that would be more appropriate. Not a brand-new vehicle.

I don’t object to the logo form; only the size/location, brightness (while driving) and to a lesser degree the color. It’s not a rolling billboard – and if it were, they should pay me for the real estate. As a designer, these things are noticeable, verging on what I’d consider to be design errors, and make me less inclined to purchase the vehicle, which is inevitably a reflection of owners’ persona and judgment.

Other brands place recognizable, SMALL logos on the front and back. These don’t glow, and they tend to be a subtle metallic finish – not a vivid, saturated color. The brighter the color, the smaller the logo should be in order to avoid a crass appearance that detracts from the vehicle design.

Trust me – the vehicle form is striking enough that others will look for the (name and) logo – on the nose and tail.

• kerbe2705

December 6, 2021 at 8:19 pm

…although glowing logos on the front of EVs is becoming something of a “thing”: It’s an extra-cost option on VW’s offerings, for example…

• John Malcom

December 7, 2021 at 12:35 pm

Perhaps duct tape comments not serious. Mine weren’t. But perhaps meant to indicate that the logo issue is in the nits for some people.

Many more things to worry about that the logo. (Schedule to finish development, production schedule, sufficient capital to make it to the point of having sales revenue) If these are not stable, having or not having a logo will not matter.

• Riley ________________________________

December 7, 2021 at 8:08 am

I don’t mind the logo, but one of the first things I will do is unplug it. Would rather not have anything police can misconstrued as illegal.

• Llewellyn Evans

December 7, 2021 at 12:41 pm

Aaah, but what if it is like Christmas tree lights. Unplug the light and the whole thing stops working.????

• Arlen Bell

December 7, 2021 at 4:31 pm

Perhaps the logo construction/ function has been covered elsewhere and I missed it, but it would seem to make sense that the logo could be a translucent panel that pretty much blends into the vehicle color when not lit. It could incorporate a multi color led light that could several functions – and be switched off manually or by time ie after parked for a while. I think it’s an interesting logo and I have no problem with it.

• Wayne Forkum Forkum

December 7, 2021 at 6:48 pm

If you make the car, you get to pick the logo. True story.

• Llewellyn Evans Evans

December 7, 2021 at 7:47 pm

Hi Wayne, Common sense and facts have no place in this conversation. Please restrict your comments to trivial wants, minutiae and first world problems. For instance, you could complain about the shade of green or insist that the glow thingy must be bio-renewable. ????‍♂️

• Llewellyn Evans

December 8, 2021 at 12:44 am

That being said, I can only see one valid reason to not put a green light on the side of a car. Green lights are rare in the driving environment. Green GO light at traffic lights. If somebody mistook the glow thingy for a green traffic light, then they could crash into the side of the Aptera at a set of traffic lights. This assumes that it is lit during driving ….. which it may not be.

• Riley ________________________________

December 8, 2021 at 3:08 am

Thats why there are laws in many places stating you can’t have a green light. I’ve been pulled over for that before.

• G N

December 8, 2021 at 10:42 am

The color concern seems valid.

• G N

December 8, 2021 at 10:47 am

To those criticizing this request for its triviality:

You and I might buy an Aptera even if the side logo is distracting to other drivers and ugly-big/bright – out of altruistic environmental concern alone.

But some fraction of potential buyers won’t. If we want the vehicle to have maximum impact on the market, we should want to help them improve the product and increase its appeal.

• Llewellyn Evans Evans

December 8, 2021 at 4:16 pm

Important issues to consider next year.

Covid,

climate change,

provide for my family,

world hunger,

pay the mortgage

World war 3

Avoid divorce

green thingy on side of Aptera

• Pistonboy Delux

December 16, 2021 at 12:08 am

I was stopped by a cop because the previous owner of the vehicle had changed the rear side markers from yellow to white. The cop said white lights are not allowed at the back of the vehicle (including side markers) because they can be confused with the white lights customarily at the front of the vehicle. He also said red lights are not allowed at the front of the car (including side markers) because they could be confused with being the red tail lights at the back of the car. People would be confused which end of the car was which.

I wonder what they would think of the green glogo or the the three white spots on the side. (The three spots will probably go away) Yellow lights, the cop said, were permitted anywhere on the vehicle.

• Llewellyn Evans Evans

December 16, 2021 at 1:02 am

Yellow sounds good. Yellow is OK on the side of vehicles in Australia.

Of course if the light is off while the vehicle is being driven, it should be ok in any colour.

• John Trotter

December 16, 2021 at 11:23 am

Maybe a lighted hood ornament instead. a la 1950s Pontiac.

Viewing 1 - 15 of 15 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now