Hitch? and mirror idea.

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Hitch? and mirror idea.

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Hitch? and mirror idea.

• Hitch? and mirror idea.

• john higgison Higgison

February 27, 2022 at 1:06 pm

Hi everyone… I had asked before and was told there would be a hitch developed for the car but as I ordered a Noir I saw no option for a hitch. Kind of a game breaker for me as I need to haul my motorcross bikes around (only reason I own a truck right now). If Aptera could give an update on the hitch?

Also, since legislators are so slow to get with the times and I see you have had to add mirrors to the camera stalks…. did you make it so the mirror can be removed by the customer in the future and be left with the camera stalks?

Thank you

• Bob Kirchner

February 27, 2022 at 3:49 pm

The current beta is being used to finalise the suspension settings. It is likely that that needs to be completed before they can design a hitch.

If I were to speculate, I would guess that designing a hitch might even wait until they have begun sales and deliveries and have some money coming in, so if you have an early reservation number you might have to postpone your purchase.

That said I agree that a hitch would greatly expand Aptera’s utility, though towing a trailer will likely compromise range to an even greater degree than the typical EV. Aptera relies on low drag to achieve its numbers. Low drag trailers don’t really exist, though they should.

• Curtis Cibinel

February 27, 2022 at 4:26 pm

Personally I will be using the trailer for bikes or kayaks. Most of the time it won’t be going more than 20 km soo the impact on range is irrelevant. Hopefully the companies engineers are thinking about details like the trailer hitch even if designing and building them with the initial production runs. The reinforced holes in the rear of the belly or rear wheel cover needs to be incorporated into the mold design now so it can accept a hitch when it is produced.

• john higgison Higgison

February 28, 2022 at 9:13 am

agreed… hopefully they have hitch mounts in mind during the whole design process. I wouldnt be going far either… maybe 30 or 40 km’s to get to trails or track for motocross.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now