How much will shipping and readying cost? Already any idea’s?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions How much will shipping and readying cost? Already any idea’s?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions How much will shipping and readying cost? Already any idea’s?

• How much will shipping and readying cost? Already any idea’s?

• Konijnerd the Great

April 21, 2022 at 5:23 am

Is there already idea’s (specific interest to Europe) how much shipping and ready-making costs will be?

• John Malcom

April 21, 2022 at 7:39 am

Neither I nor anyone else on the forum are qualified to second guess Aptera on your question.

A long time ago Aptera said that shipping was included in the price and there were no prep costs. I am sure that did not include off shore destinations. Things change, so not sure what the policy will be when deliveries start. With inflation, perhaps Aptera will keep the price of the vehicle the same and charge a delivery cost or raise the cost and still include delivery for US destinations. Aptera is working on engineering changes that will be required to comply with European and other geographic locations. They will require new pricing models which may include consideration for assembly facilities they establish in those geographical areas or shipping cost if no assembly facility is available in those geographies.

Another factor may be the planned IPO. Additional capital from an IPO would be the basis for some of the planning you and other off shore enthusiasts are interested in.

So my guess, some time before reliable information is available for you.

Right now I am sure their plate is full getting ready for production and distribution in the US.

I hope you get this amazing vehicle soon at a price that is pleasing for you!

• Steven G. Bueche

April 21, 2022 at 12:03 pm

Shipping in general poses a challenge I would think. It can’t be shipped on the traditional car carrier due to the third wheel. Maybe an additional wheel track could be added? Maybe a flat bed trailer would work best? It would be nice to see them on a flat bed trailer and the Tesla semi at the front but that seems unlikely. Would a box truck be too cost prohibitive? Would it be better to pay for airfare from the farthest coast (US) in order for the clients to drive back?

Is anyone aware of a shipping method that would save Aptera some shipping fees?

• Patrick Liebknecht

April 21, 2022 at 6:09 pm

They towed my brothers gold wing on a rollback. I don’t see why a 3rd wheel would pose a problem.

I’d like some sort of ballpark shipping cost seeing as I am on the east coast and with the cost of fuel these days with no signs of getting any better. It could easily be Between $1100 and $2000

It was .40 cents a mile in 2021 for distances over 1000 miles under 1000 miles was $1 a mile. But again. Gas was much cheaper a year ago

• Christopher Brisbois

April 22, 2022 at 2:48 pm

Subject to change, but as of today an ocean container from New York – Amsterdam is ~$1200 but that would not cover any inland costs (US or Europe) or applicable customs/VAT fees. If I had to put a finger in the wind, I’d guess you’re looking at the neighborhood of $5K – $6K to get this delivered. Given the highly volatile state of the global logistics market this will almost assuredly change between now and when Aptera could get a vehicle shipped to you

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now