How to Cancel Reservation

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions How to Cancel Reservation

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions How to Cancel Reservation

• How to Cancel Reservation

Kevin Bradbury updated 2 weeks ago 18 Members · 25 Posts
  • Nicholas jones

August 18, 2022 at 12:29 pm

Hi,

I have reached out to Aptera about how to cancel my reservation, I have a feeling they could be delaying canceling reservations due to their next round of fund raising coming up.

I know Aptea employee’s are on these boards, the next step I will take will considerably escalate the situation.

• Eric Caldwell

August 18, 2022 at 12:34 pm

Now, I’m just some rando here, but I’d think Aptera employees are more likely to monitor and reply to an email than a veiled threat on a message board. Maybe drop a note to info@aptera.us before going full nuclear.

• Vernon Sinnott

August 18, 2022 at 12:38 pm

I agree. Nicholas could also use the Contact Us link on the drop down menu on the left side by clicking on the 3 horizontal bars. It does take them a while to respond. Be patient. I cancelled but came back.

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

August 18, 2022 at 1:24 pm

Just had an exchange today with someone on Facebook who cancelled. I asked for some details because the question has come up before.

• robert engelhart

August 18, 2022 at 1:41 pm

Seriously,, your going to escalate the situation. It’s only $100 who really cares about $100? If you NEED your $100 back that bad you should be looking for cars on Craig’s List.

• Nicholas jones

August 18, 2022 at 1:46 pm

Its just kind of illegal to mislead investors, which is what delaying the reservation cancellation process is doing.

• Nicholas jones

August 18, 2022 at 1:53 pm

where did I say NEED please, please,please show me where I said anything about the money itself, or the fact that I NEED the money.

• robert engelhart

August 18, 2022 at 5:42 pm

Well you want to cancel your reservation , Soooo then you get your $100 back how is that not wanting your $100 back. And you have a “feeling” about what who knows. I have a “feeling” you need a hug and $100.

• Michael Mackey

September 15, 2022 at 8:22 am

You know, I’ll never get used to the rudeness of those who apparently live on the internet. A gentleman asked a legitimate question about the process of getting a refund on his Aptera deposit, the return of which is his due. Note that this was a refundable deposit and not a donation to a social or political cause. After sharing his frustration about the the attempt to get his return, what he got back from one individual here was totally unacceptably rude.

Please, if you do not have something helpful to say then say nothing.

• Ron Glossin

September 15, 2022 at 8:54 am

When we type fast we tend to make errors in spelling. We have one here that likes to correct spelling and make it a big issue. I do my damnedest not to post too often.

• Kevin Bradbury

September 15, 2022 at 6:49 pm

Hey @Ron Glossin – Officer Spellchecker has only written up 2 violations. Written only when the misspelling of the word changed the meaning of the word. They were intended only as good-natured ribbing and meant to be humerus*. Their* was won* who seemed to see the humor at first, but then got they’re* knickers all in a bunch and red* a whole lot more into it than what was there.

The Spelling Police overlooks all kinds of typos everyday so know* knead* to worry. But watch out for Captain Buzzkill.😬

• Nicholas jones

August 18, 2022 at 1:58 pm

You live in Colorado by chance?

• Nicholas jones

August 18, 2022 at 1:43 pm

This has not been my experience I have sent them an email and I have not heard back from them, that is why I’m posting on here before this is further escalated. this is their second opportunity to address this issue. stop making assumptions, yes my post could have been clearer but I do not know either of you on a personal basis so your comments about giving them an opportunity, are purely assumptions made on your end, which are not based on any real facts.

• kerbe2705

August 18, 2022 at 3:37 pm

@Kayleigh Venne Could someone, please, assist Nicholas Jones? Thank you.

• Leo Shapiro

August 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm

I would be interested in hearing about an official process. Their delivery estimates are a bit sketchy considering how little info is out for a car that may have deliveries in less than half a year. I know they are a start up and everything, but if it doesn’t look like they can uphold their promises I may jump on another vehicle.

• Riley …

August 18, 2022 at 7:17 pm

I see the 100$ reservation as a refundable investment into a potential money saving vehicle. If you are desperate to get another car don’t wait for an aptera just get what you need and when aptera does come out and your delivery date is secured than at that point replace the other car with an aptera.

• Danny Mattijetz

August 18, 2022 at 9:04 pm

If you have already made a reservation for an Aptera then I assume that you would still like to get it when it is available. If you are cancelling your reservation because you are worried you will lose your $100 deposit, let me tell you about what happened ten years ago. I had a reservation for an Aptera at that time, and many things happened to the company. With all the delays, Nissan eventually came out with their Leaf. I decided to go with a known reputable dealer and still have that Leaf today. So, I cancelled that reservation. It did take a bit of time, and I was beginning to wonder if I would ever see that $100 again. It did eventually come through despite the length of time I had to wait. I have full confidence that if you really want to cancel your reservation and get your money back, you will be able to do so. Just be patient. However, if you still want the car, nothing really scary has happened yet. Just hang in there for a while.

• Dennis Swaney

August 18, 2022 at 9:33 pm

Nicholas, when did you make your reservation? I hope it was before 31 Mar 22 so that with your cancellation I’ll move up in the queue! 😆

DLTDHYAOTWO

• Joshua Rosen

August 19, 2022 at 7:01 am

It’s only $100, why go through the effort of cancelling. When they finally go into production and you get notified you’ll have the option of buying the vehicle, assuming you’ve changed your mind, or if you can find someone else who wants the car and flipping it to them. Aptera’s are going to be in short supply for a long time, that gives you the possibility of a profit. I’d view that $100 as a bet if I were you, you might lose it or you might win a big payout.

• Mark Salyzyn

August 19, 2022 at 7:09 am

Your reservation gets even more valuable if you managed to accumulate referrals. I expect there will be a first come first served thread either here or on Facebook exchanging or selling reservations. #Fact

• seth feldman

August 20, 2022 at 4:08 pm

I highly doubt you can trade/sell reservations. You could always be a sleazy scalper when you get the actual vehicle

• Leo Shapiro

August 29, 2022 at 9:42 pm

Not everyone makes 100/hr. If the effort is less than an hour of work, then it would make a lot of sense.

• LoveAptera YokeDealbreaker

August 29, 2022 at 5:49 pm

I made a deposit while they showed me a car interior with a steering wheel. A week later they released a page on Gamma which had a yoke. I emailed info@aptera.us to make sure I was getting the steering wheel interior, since I was never shown a yoke option. They replied that they are forcing the yoke on everyone. I replied cancel my order, I will not be another death statistic for your yoke stupidity. They refunded me the same day.

• John Voules

August 30, 2022 at 5:40 am

Good for you L.A.Y.D….wasn’t hard to get your $ back.

Now it’s time to Hasta La by by

• LoveAptera YokeDealbreaker

August 30, 2022 at 5:07 pm

Hmmm, I’ve never heard of that Hast thing you’re doing, is it a song or a dance? Are you doing it at the same time everyday?

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now