How to deal with trolls (who try to attack Aptera)

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions How to deal with trolls (who try to attack Aptera)

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions How to deal with trolls (who try to attack Aptera)

• How to deal with trolls (who try to attack Aptera)

Efrain Goody updated 3 weeks, 3 days ago 13 Members · 13 Posts
  • Markus Schmid

July 12, 2022 at 7:29 am

Although I generally support the golden rule of not feeding the troll, ignoring trolls on Twitter, YouTube or wherever, is not always the best solution, especially not if they are spreading misinformation that only is ridiculous and obvious to the adept.
    Putting the record straight can cost quite a bit of effort and much more time than a troll spends on spreading misinformation.
    Not putting the record straight may lead others to repeat a wrong statement, especially if it is a simple one. But getting into long wound explications or even a back and forth discussion is not the way to go.

I tried it this way, keeping my response to the ridiculous statement the Aptera was “a scooter” as short and catchy as possible:

• Joshua Rosen

July 12, 2022 at 7:32 am

Ignoring them is the best solution. Youtube’s algorithm rewards views with more views, if there is little or no activity on a video then it won’t promote the video to anyone.

• Thomas Bushaw

July 12, 2022 at 8:05 am

A tactic you can use on YouTube is to “Hide user from channel”. Here are the instructions. However, to do this you must be the owner of the channel. If you’re not, then a message to the owner suggesting they do this would be an option.

Generally I’ve found comments to be positive and supportive, but occasionally there are some who are just pessimistic about Aptera’s chances, but are not rude or offensive. And then there are a few (one in particular 😬) who are downright obnoxious, rude, and offensive.

The challenge here is captured in Brandolini’s Law.

• Patrick Liebknecht

July 12, 2022 at 9:08 am

Forgive me for my ignorance but I don’t actually see any attack in that screenshot that you posted…..

censoring people you don’t agree with us more like China or North Korea.

If you think that string was an attack on aptera you need to read some of the stuff that’s posted in other places like on Instagram for instance.

• Alain Chuzel

July 12, 2022 at 3:42 pm

Recall that the 1st amendment protects citizens only from government censorship, not from private regulation so when Republican/Conservative pols censor that’s “like China or North Korea”. YouTube/Twitter/etc. isn’t government.

• Dan Kerpe

July 12, 2022 at 5:00 pm

While I disagree with that guy’s statement, I also disagree with people acting as if Aptera exists and bragging about all its specs outside of forums like this. Elio had prototypes, investor backing, and a factory. I’m still wondering where my deposit went there. Most trolling like that comes in response to “fanboy “ bragging about a car that is still fictional.

Please don’t mistake that for trolling, I’m a deposit holder, so clearly a fan and hoping it comes to fruition.

• John Trotter

July 12, 2022 at 9:37 am

Will Reynolds is organizing some of us Ambassadors as helpers on this very subject. Let’s see what he has to say.

• James Gatan

July 12, 2022 at 9:59 am

Like Joshua mentioned, just ignore them. I’ve even encountered them beyond Reddit. Just misinformed time waster peabrains.

• Vernon SINNOTT

July 12, 2022 at 10:04 am

Love your dog! Ha ha! The troll is confused My Aprilla 200 was a very fine Italian Scooter that was highway capable. Alberta designates the Aptera as a motorcycle. Working on getting the Government of Alberta to add “autocycle” to their designated vehicle types.

• Roshiyu

July 12, 2022 at 1:50 pm

Ignoring them would be the best course of action normally.

Though I do make an exception for a certain Aussie based troll on youtube. I find it absolutely adorable that he thinks he can build a channel on Aptera hatred. 😛

• Fanfare 100

July 12, 2022 at 10:21 pm

Prep for the birth of ApteraQ. 😆

• Steven G. Bueche

July 13, 2022 at 3:25 am

I’m old school so I don’t ignore them at all. I give them as much as they deserve. I’m tired of these non educated lowlifes running their mouths and spewing falsehoods about Aptera of anything for that matter. Their bullies plain and simple. I don’t back down on bullies and refuse to let Not The Right types influence what people think. I try to educate them as much as I can until they keep coming back with non fictional responses. Once this goes on for a while the crowds can tell they’re morons and they make my point for me. Then I say, “Have a nice day”

• Efrain Goody

July 14, 2022 at 5:26 pm

Exactly my strategy. It’s often hard to tell right off the bat if someone is just ignorant or being blatantly stupid in order to waste your time and sway opinion. A clear explanation not only helps our reputation, but helps to show trolls for what they are when they come back with random nonsense.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now