Inside temperature

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Inside temperature

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Inside temperature

• Inside temperature

• Michael Root

April 25, 2022 at 3:28 pm

It’s 98 degrees in south central Florida and I’m stuck on I4 in stop and go traffic. What is the inside temperature of my Aptera?

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

April 25, 2022 at 4:09 pm

60 degrees Fahrenheit, because everyone knows you’re in the coolest car on the road.

• John Malcom

April 25, 2022 at 6:01 pm

👍 soooo good answer😁

• Curtis Cibinel

April 25, 2022 at 7:15 pm

👍🤠

• Michael Root

April 25, 2022 at 6:30 pm

Well I guess that answers my question. It will be HOT HOT HOT! 🔥🔥🔥

• Michael May

April 26, 2022 at 12:17 pm

In all seriousness, it will depend on what temp you have the AC set to. The composite body should conduct heat much less than a metal body does.

• Michael Root

April 27, 2022 at 6:32 am

So there is AC? Thank you for the non-idiotic answer.

• kerbe2705

April 28, 2022 at 7:37 am

Aptera will have AC, heat, heated seats and wheel, windows, windshield wipers, airbags, etc., and will be able to be driven in all weather conditions. Plus, as @David LeDane wrote, the basic solar system (roof and dash) will provide enough power to run the ventilation system when Aptera is parked in the sun in order to keep the interior at the ambient exterior temperature.

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

April 28, 2022 at 8:01 am

Michael, Perhaps if you took the time to look through the Aptera FAQ’s, you wouldn’t be visited with idiotic answers.

(Edit) One other thing to look at before we start calling light hearted responses as “idiotic” If you look at the wording on your original post, it’s not really a straight forward question, it looked to me to be an invitation for witty responses. If you wanted information on the A/C, Just ask about it, don’t make it a word problem, plenty of people here are more than happy to help, myself included, but we’re not going to pass up the chance for a bit of humor.

• David LeDane

April 26, 2022 at 4:43 pm

Some place I heard that the solar cells on the dash provided power for ventilation that was to keep the interior at the ambient temperature of the outside if the vehicle was parked. I would assume then that the hottest the interior would be if it’s 98 outside is 98 even without running the AC.

• Neville Cawood

April 27, 2022 at 6:45 am

This solar glass lets visible light through, but turns Infra Red and UV light into electricity.
    ie: Not only would car interiors be cooler and less prone to fade etc, but the blocked, bad light, charges the battery.

Sadly this tech does not seem to be commercially available as windscreens etc yet.
    https://ratedpower.com/blog/solar-glass-buildings/https://ratedpower.com/blog/solar-glass-buildings/

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now