Interesting Comparo/Metric:

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Interesting Comparo/Metric:

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Interesting Comparo/Metric:

• Interesting Comparo/Metric:

• Guy SKEER

February 11, 2022 at 6:56 pm

Dollars purchase cost, per EPA mile rating

https://insideevs.com/news/566438/bev-price-per-range-20220209/

If APTERA was on the Market, It would win this easily!

• George Hughes

February 12, 2022 at 4:37 pm

Using shorthand, the lowest cost per mile range in the chart is $124 for the Chevy Bolt and $146 is the lowest price for a Tesla – the Model 3 long range. Most are higher than these examples and they range from an average of about $300 to a maximum coming in just under $1000 (Porsche)

Comparing the lowest priced Aptera – 2wd with 250/mile battery, it comes in at $100/mile while the top-priced Aptera with 1000 mi range comes in under $50.00/mi.

• Thomas Bushaw

February 12, 2022 at 5:05 pm

Just for the sport of it, I crunched the numbers for various Aptera configurations and added them to the data for all the other EVs included in the InsideEVs article Electric Car EPA Range Mega Comparison (US): Feb 11, 2022.

The metric (purchase price) ÷ (range in miles) is included in the last column of the table and the rows (vehicle makes/models) are sorted by this metric, from best (lowest cost per mile of range) to worst (highest cost per mile of range). Note that in this table, the vehicle price is reduced by the Federal Tax Credit for all vehicles listed.

Guess which vehicles come out on top? And it’s not even close!

I’ve included the “interesting” start of the table as a graphic, but you can see the entire table in this pdf file.

(Oh, and please no snarky comments about the model year values I used for the Aptera configurations! Always the optimist!)

• Bob Kirchner

February 12, 2022 at 5:48 pm

I mean, what’s the cheapest 400 mile EV out there? Tesla Model S AWD Long Range 19″ How much does it cost? $96,000.00

What car comes closest to the range of a 60kWh Aptera? Lucid Air? How much does it cost? $133,000.00

And for the 100kWh?

Unless there’s some huge breakthrough in battery cost before Aptera reaches production, Aptera has no competition. Even without any tax credits.

For the 25kWh version, the calculation gets a bit tighter if you aren’t eligible for the tax credit. Still, no one can beat Aptera’s efficiency.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Bob Kirchner.
Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now