Interesting Trailer info!

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Interesting Trailer info!

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Interesting Trailer info!

• Interesting Trailer info!

• Guy SKEER

January 19, 2022 at 4:30 pm
  • kerbe2705

January 19, 2022 at 6:46 pm

Here’s one for you, Guy! https://youtu.be/l-jExmPklKs

• Daniel Oneil

January 19, 2022 at 11:26 pm

I see they’re use with a EV pulling them but not for an gas vehicle. The fuel saved doesn’t make financial sense for the added cost. Plus most travel trailers are built worse than mobile homes. These factories have terrible QC issues.

For the life of the trailer or batteries on that trailer, that would take a lot of pulling a trailer around to recoup your money back in fuel savings. Which travel trailers (the one in the link doesn’t look like a full timer) are used a couple times a year.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  Daniel Oneil.
    • Harry Parker

January 20, 2022 at 4:58 am

Travel trailers were never about saving money! To do that, travel light and rent cabins. Stay at an AirBnB. Or pack a tent.

I do like the concept of a self powered trailer for cargo or boats. They might make more financial sense if their battery could power your home, backing up your solar panels, say.

• Guy SKEER

January 20, 2022 at 6:20 am

A Self Powered Cargo Trailer is a Great idea, for ANY EV, even for Underpowered Tow Vehicles.

I was interested in the Concept of a Travel Trailer, because, as a ham Radio Operator, it would be Outstanding to have a Big Battery Pack available for The Radios!

• Joshua Caldwell

January 20, 2022 at 7:02 am

I can imagine “towed” trailers going around the interstate while not being towed.

• Vernon Michael Gardner

January 20, 2022 at 9:00 am

lol, with head lights and tail lights too. Could be in our future.

• Dennis Swaney

June 14, 2022 at 8:23 am

But then they would not be “trailers” so we have to come up with a name. Hmmm, how about “recreational vehicle”? 😉

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now