Interior Choices (Coast, Codex, Vida) vs Gamma Reveal

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Interior Choices (Coast, Codex, Vida) vs Gamma Reveal

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Interior Choices (Coast, Codex, Vida) vs Gamma Reveal

• Interior Choices (Coast, Codex, Vida) vs Gamma Reveal

• Curtis Cibinel

August 18, 2022 at 5:11 pm

The configuration system still lists the 3 standard interiors. The new Gamma reveal details we have thus far doesn’t seem to match up with these and is FAR more white than any of them. I have concerns with how all this white will look if not perfectly maintained (same with the white half of the yoke). Since the gamma renders used a white dash I assume the plan is to no longer wrap the dash – anyone recall any statements on this?

Anyone know if anything was said about how these will match up? Is the gamma Codex and the colors will no longer be applied to the dash?

• Mark Howell

August 18, 2022 at 5:24 pm

I am not worried too much about aesthetics, I chose the Vida option on my reservation but honestly, I just want the Aptera in my driveway asap. I am not sure how the small strip of white dash would get so dingy, dirty and smudged that you couldn’t just wipe it clean with a few squirts of Fantastic or whatever your cleaning solution of choice is.

• Jonah Jorgenson

August 18, 2022 at 6:31 pm

Nothing has been made public and the configuration tool still has the standard interior colors which, as you have pointed out, conflicts with the interior of the gamma in the teaser pics and video.

I am assuming (Purely speculation) that the gamma is a one off and the production Apteras will have the interiors in the configurator. Another option is that all interiors, regardless of the exterior color, will have the gamma interior. That will not be pleasing to many.

• kerbe2705

August 18, 2022 at 7:34 pm

@Curtis Cibinel Back when the Beta renders were released I asked Aptera if they were going to update the configurator: Their response was that they were going to wait until the design was finalized to do so (I’m assuming there’s some cost involved in redoing the website…).

My guess is that, now that the Gamma is more-or-less the final design, we may see the configurator updated. As to the interior color and material choices, it’s anybody’s guess how they’ll be interpreted in Gamma and beyond. The most obvious change is the use of nylon seatbelt webbing for the door-pull, instead of the leather-like material used in the Alpha prototypes.

The good news, though, is that we won’t have to lock-in our choices until we finalize our orders – so there’s time.

• Vernon Sinnott

August 18, 2022 at 9:05 pm

Perhaps, if they’re going to produce at least 4 gammas they could showcase the 4 choices of interiors. Just a suggestion.

• Robert Keith Harrigan

August 19, 2022 at 9:22 am

Yes let us see what the interior choices are (the 1/2” color chips are too small) and please consider several monochrome choices (black, grey or tan?) for those of us that prefer that to the mishmash of colors. There was a custom color option I wonder if that includes the interior? (my exterior is sol and I’m fine with that) but the interior choices could be improved.

• Dennis Swaney

August 18, 2022 at 9:49 pm

I chose the Codex primarily due to the wood-like tan color accent strip on the dash; I prefer the Coast seat color though. I figure the pre-production Deltas will most likely the three interior options finalized. And if I end up having to use fabric dye to get rid of most of the white areas, so be it. The first thing dyed will be the yoke!

• Mark Salyzyn

August 19, 2022 at 2:58 am

The steering wheel is pineapple leather AFAICT. It can not be dyed after the epoxy has hardened. To change the colour you paint a layer of epoxy infused with the dye of your choice. And pay that price again later when that layer wears or chips.

I recommend contacting British Autowood since he is my go to expert for all things epoxy paint in the automotive environment.

• Riley …

August 19, 2022 at 1:14 am

I hope aptera chooses the simplest path forward to limmit issues with production. If they were to update the configurator and remove the ability to select different interiors i doubt many people would cancele their reservation. The decision to include a yoke was more of a decisive decision than losing the current interiors offered imo.

• David Marlow

August 19, 2022 at 2:45 am

I recently was at a EV event that was part of a larger annual community event, this year the interest in EV’s was higher than in the past. I was asking people what they were looking for in a EV and telling them about Aptera. I had the oldest EV there, my 2011 Volt, with a black leather interior with silver trim. Lots of Teslas and others were there as well as the new pickup’s including Rivian and the Ford Lighting. One comment I heard was that the interiors were not very exciting. So I explained that Aptera will have at least one choice that he might find more exciting.

• Dan Stevens

August 19, 2022 at 9:29 am

I am going with the theory that the gamma interior colors is mostly for pictures. While the snow white color may become an option, it would only be an option.

I would never do it, but for taking pictures for marketing, it is a great color.

• Curtis Cibinel

August 19, 2022 at 9:34 am

I’ve never cleaned the dash of my car. With a white interior it would need to be a weekly routine. I am concerned that since the seats and dash otherwise somewhat are the Codex scheme that we may be looking at that interior and everyone gets white.

• Steven G. Bueche

August 20, 2022 at 1:55 am

I don’t like white on a steering wheel. It just make no sense in the real world. What is ANYBODY thinking on this? Oh sure it makes the wheel match up to the dash colors. Pretty is not functional.

White everywhere else is fine. It can be cleaned easily with a Baby Wipe. But they will limit the vehicles function to light duty for clean bodies.

If they don’t know what the final choices are by now in order to refresh the contents of the website then they’re lost. It’s too late in the game for changes now so update the videos and pictures so all these people you are attracting to the site will not think we’re outdated and not functioning as a unit trying to get this thing made.

If you can spend money on trips and salaries you can pay that website person to do their job.

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

August 20, 2022 at 5:49 am

Driving gloves may come back in style for this, just saying.

• Riley …

August 20, 2022 at 6:13 am

Just put a steering wheel cover… oh wait yoke, never mind.

• Jonah Jorgenson

August 20, 2022 at 7:23 am

White driving glove of course

• Dennis Swaney

August 20, 2022 at 10:30 am

Stringback ones of course.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Dennis Swaney. Reason: Added photo
Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now