All about the Production Intent vehicle (Delta)

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions All about the Production Intent vehicle (Delta)

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions All about the Production Intent vehicle (Delta)

• All about the Production Intent vehicle (Delta)

Posted by klaas-stoker on September 22, 2022 at 7:49 am

While Gamma looks fantastic, there are a couple of things I would love to see change. First, a white yoke looks great for presentation, but makes no practical sense. Surfaces that are touched on a regular basis should never be white, because they will start to look dirty in no time.

Second, I would recommend a better placement of the display screens. In Gamma, the screens look like iPads stuck to the dash and it would be much cleaner looking if they are embedded into the dash.

Does anyone know if the Aptera will have an OBD2 port?

Kamakiri replied 2 months, 1 week ago 47 Members · 112 Replies
  • 112 Replies
  • All about the Production Intent vehicle (Delta)

Kamakiri updated 2 months, 1 week ago 47 Members · 112 Replies
  • harry-parker

September 22, 2022 at 8:24 am

At one point I heard them say there would be no need for an ODB2 port. Most of ODB2 is for ICE control and queries, and of course Aptera has no ICE. All the ODB relevant information would instead be available thru the display screen and/or remotely via the app.

• Scott

September 22, 2022 at 8:44 am

Many people seem to express concerns about the white on the yoke. That is understandable and I agree. However, I never hear anyone speaking about the four different interior color options (3 standard plus custom) that are still seen on all our reservation pages. Does someone have reliable information to confirm that for some reason all yokes will only have this white color, or potentially will the yokes have different non-white colors depending upon which interior color scheme you decide for your order? I have been assuming the latter and that the white is just for show on the prototype.

• Greek

October 11, 2022 at 8:23 pm

Ran into this pic on twitter… looks like a radical departure for the hatch…pretty cool looking though.

• RajGiandeep

October 11, 2022 at 9:03 pm

It’s a CGI render from my video here.
    https://youtu.be/4i5hwus4SMg?t=220

• OkieKev

October 12, 2022 at 7:41 am

It’s amazing how many mistakes I didn’t notice the first time I watched the CGI rendering of the assembly line. Before showing the screen shot of the above with the different hatch, there are a number of the generated Apterae with tail light assemblies hanging in mid-air.

I like the look and with some skillful masking tape and painting/wrapping, one can achieve something very close. Maybe future model adjustments can lengthen the hatch a bit, allowing easier access to the cargo area since the solar cell chevrons have been eliminated from the tail section.

• gary-greenway

October 13, 2022 at 6:26 pm

The longer hatch would also solve drainage issues between the hatch and the body.

• kerbe2705

December 1, 2022 at 5:06 pm

Aptera released this digital image on December 1 with the caption, “This isn’t Gamma anymore, is it…?” There are a number of visible differences between this image and the Gamma prototype:

1. Hot air exhaust grille material
    2. Mounted Tesla NACS charge port
    3. Single camera (Gamma had two cameras mounted at this location)
    4. Visible raw CFSMC material (or something to that effect…)
    5. Solar cells reaching almost to the edge of the tail
  • Greek

December 1, 2022 at 6:53 pm

Also looks like the pitch of the charging receiver is now straight on as opposed to pitched angle.

• Sheepdog

December 2, 2022 at 12:30 am

I ran this through photoshop to reveal the solar cells for those that cant see it. The cfsmc material is the foam bumper material. It’s been raised all the way to the top of the decklid. I also believe the thickness of the decklid got shrunk half an inch.

• ImAlwaysMIA

December 2, 2022 at 11:29 am

I just hope they release a spec sheet with their design render.

• Biker

December 7, 2022 at 8:49 am

Another teaser:

• Biker

December 8, 2022 at 12:34 pm

Looks like a slow trickle of render teasers:

• Biker

December 11, 2022 at 5:25 pm

Another teaser from Jason Hill:

• Greek

December 11, 2022 at 5:35 pm

Ok…a teaser of what?

• Biker

December 12, 2022 at 12:31 pm

Likely the solar support for the rear hatch.

• mickey-mcmillian

December 12, 2022 at 12:18 pm

The photos that have been posted of delta look great….and I think everyone can agree on this, and with each segment photo we are seeing a complete picture of Delta, all the little changes and some in depth. Looking at the over head shot, check out the shadows from the sun….could this be a fully assembled Delta???? It was mentioned that the front logo was going to be removed….and it is not there. Like was mentioned on AOC the wheel pants are more complete and everything just seems to be right and ready for a future reveal…. Am I just wishful thinking here or what?

• Biker

December 12, 2022 at 12:27 pm

@Mickey McMillian all of the Delta teasers are renders. Aptera has mentioned a few times that from the time the design is done (questionable if Delta is finalized yet) to the physical completion of one of their prototypes is typically at least 6-8 months.

• Biker

December 12, 2022 at 1:41 pm

Another teaser from Jason Hill – apparently, he and Gamma are in Modena at the CPC factory:

• kerbe2705

December 14, 2022 at 11:12 pm

I pulled these images from Steve Lee’s excellent interview with Jason Hill, Aptera’s designer: I recommend that you view the entire hour-long video.

1. Delta’s internal frame with attached suspension components.

2. Delta’s carbon fiber SMC body structure mounted to frame.

3. Image #2, seen from below – the open rectangular area will house the battery pack.

4. Delta structure on wheels with some body panels and doors attached.

5. Sneak peak at Delta’s exterior.

• kindofblue

December 15, 2022 at 8:03 am

Black isn’t a color, it’s a commitment 😉 Black cars will show the dirt quicker than almost any other color. That said, it does look cool.

• craig-merrow

December 15, 2022 at 11:09 am

Wow, that’s really sharp with the black underbelly and upper body! Really shows off the fluid lines of the aerodynamic body. Looks silver on my screen; I think I’d go with that color combination over white if it’s available!

• Pistonboy

December 15, 2022 at 12:55 pm

The Swedish American chamber of commerce in San Diego held a social event at the Aptera building in Carlsbad, in November. I attended.

At this event, Chris said the battery pack could be driven by itself, without the body.

I believe they should have a video of the battery pack being driven without the body. It would be a real eye catcher. It might get the attention of investors.

Thanks for posting these Kerby. I saw the video and these pictures were definitely the highlight of the video. They answer so many questions.

• Biker

December 16, 2022 at 4:13 am

It will be a slow drip of info for a while:

• Russell

December 16, 2022 at 7:42 am

why does that look like there’s a cut-out for a frunk?

• Biker

December 16, 2022 at 10:50 am

More likely just access for service and simply what the AI design system told them the thing should look like.

• Pistonboy

December 17, 2022 at 7:38 pm

Now. If they can only put some design on the sides of the wheel shrouds.

They look very large. They are glaring. They look monstrously large.

• Biker

December 18, 2022 at 1:46 pm

A closer to full vehicle render:

• Russell

December 19, 2022 at 1:35 pm

Had a couple surprises in there! https://youtu.be/X7KWxn0NCuM

• Biker

December 19, 2022 at 2:50 pm

Another day and another render:

• Biker

December 21, 2022 at 3:03 pm

Not much in this teaser:

• harry-parker

December 21, 2022 at 3:11 pm

AAh, but there is something! This is my first glimpse of the aerodynamic covers on their wheel structs. Also I see what looks to be an ultrasonic proximity sensor in the front of the wheel pant.

• kerbe2705

December 21, 2022 at 9:56 pm

@Harry Parker They told us about the ultrasonic sensors a while back – and included a mock-up of them on Gamma – so it’s nothing new.

• Biker

December 23, 2022 at 4:01 pm

According to Jason Hill :

Aptera Delta final design – Wrapped up.

Page 1 of 3

or to reply.