All about Delta

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions All about Delta

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions All about Delta

• All about Delta

• Klaas Stoker

September 22, 2022 at 7:49 am

While Gamma looks fantastic, there are a couple of things I would love to see change. First, a white yoke looks great for presentation, but makes no practical sense. Surfaces that are touched on a regular basis should never be white, because they will start to look dirty in no time.

Second, I would recommend a better placement of the display screens. In Gamma, the screens look like iPads stuck to the dash and it would be much cleaner looking if they are embedded into the dash.

Does anyone know if the Aptera will have an OBD2 port?

• Harry Parker

September 22, 2022 at 8:24 am

At one point I heard them say there would be no need for an ODB2 port. Most of ODB2 is for ICE control and queries, and of course Aptera has no ICE. All the ODB relevant information would instead be available thru the display screen and/or remotely via the app.

• Scott

September 22, 2022 at 8:44 am

Many people seem to express concerns about the white on the yoke. That is understandable and I agree. However, I never hear anyone speaking about the four different interior color options (3 standard plus custom) that are still seen on all our reservation pages. Does someone have reliable information to confirm that for some reason all yokes will only have this white color, or potentially will the yokes have different non-white colors depending upon which interior color scheme you decide for your order? I have been assuming the latter and that the white is just for show on the prototype.

• John Voules

October 11, 2022 at 8:23 pm

Ran into this pic on twitter… looks like a radical departure for the hatch…pretty cool looking though.

• Raj Giandeep

October 11, 2022 at 9:03 pm

It’s a CGI render from my video here.
    https://youtu.be/4i5hwus4SMg?t=220

• Kevin Bradbury

October 12, 2022 at 7:41 am

It’s amazing how many mistakes I didn’t notice the first time I watched the CGI rendering of the assembly line. Before showing the screen shot of the above with the different hatch, there are a number of the generated Apterae with tail light assemblies hanging in mid-air.

I like the look and with some skillful masking tape and painting/wrapping, one can achieve something very close. Maybe future model adjustments can lengthen the hatch a bit, allowing easier access to the cargo area since the solar cell chevrons have been eliminated from the tail section.

• Gary Greenway

October 13, 2022 at 6:26 pm

The longer hatch would also solve drainage issues between the hatch and the body.

• Ron Scholz

November 12, 2022 at 10:22 am

When one studies the Gamma, one can see areas of opportunity.

More solar could be applied if they extend the hood to cover the the nose cone area where the Gamma has the Logo. (I heard the front log is gone on the Delta). Plus the rear hatch lid could extend to the trailing edge of the vehicle. The CPC Group CAD models appears to reveal this modification.

Better Aero – Flexible rubber inserts to seal off openings where the front suspension extend from the body.

Not to mention the Carbon fiber body will likely be lighter than the previous hand built fiberglass models.

Can’t wait to officially learn more about the Delta specifications !!

• Steven G. Bueche

November 12, 2022 at 2:05 pm

The rubber inserts would make a nice aftermarket item. The nose solar might be an issue as the hood needs to be removable for maintenance. The tail does seem to be extended according to the production line video and the composite company one as well.

• kerbe2705

November 12, 2022 at 10:30 pm

@Ron Scholz In one of the videos from Fully Charged Live, Chris speaks about the “boots” that will cover the suspension openings. @Steven G. Bueche Remember that Gamma isn’t a finished vehicle – there are parts (like flexible boots) that haven’t yet been created but that are very much a part of the vehicle.

• kerbe2705

December 1, 2022 at 5:06 pm

Aptera released this digital image on December 1 with the caption, “This isn’t Gamma anymore, is it…?” There are a number of visible differences between this image and the Gamma prototype:

1. Hot air exhaust grille material
    2. Mounted Tesla NACS charge port
    3. Single camera (Gamma had two cameras mounted at this location)
    4. Visible raw CFSMC material (or something to that effect…)
    5. Solar cells reaching almost to the edge of the tail
  • Thomas Bushaw

December 1, 2022 at 5:17 pm

Really elegant, IMO.

• Dennis Swaney

December 1, 2022 at 6:36 pm

Since back-up cameras are mandatory and they are mounted low down, I’m guessing the single camera is for that. The Gamma has the rear view camera also in that location but when you looked at the inside display for it all you see is a small low view of the road and maybe the tires of the vehicle behind you; what you DON’T see is the good view that you get with a standard rear view mirror. So it looks like they have moved the rear view camera to a higher physical location perhaps near the CHMSL?

• John Voules

December 1, 2022 at 6:53 pm

Also looks like the pitch of the charging receiver is now straight on as opposed to pitched angle.

• Robert Acevedo

December 2, 2022 at 12:30 am

I ran this through photoshop to reveal the solar cells for those that cant see it. The cfsmc material is the foam bumper material. It’s been raised all the way to the top of the decklid. I also believe the thickness of the decklid got shrunk half an inch.

• Krzysztof Rudzinski

December 2, 2022 at 11:29 am

I just hope they release a spec sheet with their design render.

• Gabriel Kemeny

December 7, 2022 at 8:49 am

Another teaser:

• Gabriel Kemeny

December 8, 2022 at 12:34 pm

Looks like a slow trickle of render teasers:

• Gabriel Kemeny

December 11, 2022 at 5:25 pm

Another teaser from Jason Hill:

• John Voules

December 11, 2022 at 5:35 pm

Ok…a teaser of what?

• Gabriel Kemeny

December 12, 2022 at 12:31 pm

Likely the solar support for the rear hatch.

• Mickey McMillian

December 12, 2022 at 12:18 pm

The photos that have been posted of delta look great….and I think everyone can agree on this, and with each segment photo we are seeing a complete picture of Delta, all the little changes and some in depth. Looking at the over head shot, check out the shadows from the sun….could this be a fully assembled Delta???? It was mentioned that the front logo was going to be removed….and it is not there. Like was mentioned on AOC the wheel pants are more complete and everything just seems to be right and ready for a future reveal…. Am I just wishful thinking here or what?

• Gabriel Kemeny

December 12, 2022 at 12:27 pm

@Mickey McMillian all of the Delta teasers are renders. Aptera has mentioned a few times that from the time the design is done (questionable if Delta is finalized yet) to the physical completion of one of their prototypes is typically at least 6-8 months.

• Gabriel Kemeny

December 12, 2022 at 1:41 pm

Another teaser from Jason Hill – apparently, he and Gamma are in Modena at the CPC factory:

• Mickey McMillian

December 12, 2022 at 4:15 pm

Wouldn’t that be something if the CPC Group in Modena loved what they saw in Gamma and decided to fund or invest…… The CEO already said he loved the Idea of Aptera and that they were happy to be a part of such a great Idea and vehicle.

• kerbe2705

December 14, 2022 at 11:12 pm

I pulled these images from Steve Lee’s excellent interview with Jason Hill, Aptera’s designer: I recommend that you view the entire hour-long video.

1. Delta’s internal frame with attached suspension components.

2. Delta’s carbon fiber SMC body structure mounted to frame.

3. Image #2, seen from below – the open rectangular area will house the battery pack.

4. Delta structure on wheels with some body panels and doors attached.

5. Sneak peak at Delta’s exterior.

• Reid Hester

December 15, 2022 at 8:03 am

Black isn’t a color, it’s a commitment 😉 Black cars will show the dirt quicker than almost any other color. That said, it does look cool.

• Craig Merrow

December 15, 2022 at 11:09 am

Wow, that’s really sharp with the black underbelly and upper body! Really shows off the fluid lines of the aerodynamic body. Looks silver on my screen; I think I’d go with that color combination over white if it’s available!

• Pistonboy Delux

December 15, 2022 at 12:55 pm

The Swedish American chamber of commerce in San Diego held a social event at the Aptera building in Carlsbad, in November. I attended.

At this event, Chris said the battery pack could be driven by itself, without the body.

I believe they should have a video of the battery pack being driven without the body. It would be a real eye catcher. It might get the attention of investors.

Thanks for posting these Kerby. I saw the video and these pictures were definitely the highlight of the video. They answer so many questions.

Viewing 1 - 25 of 62 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now