Interior design suggestions for Delta

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Interior design suggestions for Delta

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Interior design suggestions for Delta

• Interior design suggestions for Delta

• Klaas Stoker

September 22, 2022 at 7:49 am

While Gamma looks fantastic, there are a couple of things I would love to see change. First, a white yoke looks great for presentation, but makes no practical sense. Surfaces that are touched on a regular basis should never be white, because they will start to look dirty in no time.

Second, I would recommend a better placement of the display screens. In Gamma, the screens look like iPads stuck to the dash and it would be much cleaner looking if they are embedded into the dash. This cleaner look would befit to overall smooth and streamlined look of the vehicle.

Does anyone know if the Aptera will have an OBD2 port?

• Harry Parker

September 22, 2022 at 8:24 am

At one point I heard them say there would be no need for an ODB2 port. Most of ODB2 is for ICE control and queries, and of course Aptera has no ICE. All the ODB relevant information would instead be available thru the display screen and/or remotely via the app.

• Vernon Michael Gardner

September 22, 2022 at 11:35 pm

Harry, OBD (onboard diagnostics) was designed for emissions items first and foremost. I am glad that Tesla and other electric vehicles are continuing to use the same or similar connectors. OBD2 included serial communication busses so it could now speak to most of the computers in a vehicle. Hopefully Aptera will use the same or similar connector so we do not have to keep buying and updating the tools we have already.

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

September 23, 2022 at 5:10 am

Unfortunately, that’s going to become a bit like buying a new computer and expecting it to have a serial or parallel port so you can continue to use your favorite old printer.

• Bryan Hendricks

September 24, 2022 at 7:46 am

I use OBD2 devices for tracking the location of my vehicles and alerting me when error codes appear. Those capabilities are important to me. If Aptera doesn’t natively provide those capabilities, then I would like to have OBD2 so that I can provide my own solutions.

• Klaas Stoker

September 22, 2022 at 8:29 am

What you say makes sense, however, it would nice to be able to plug in aftermarket devices for fault detection as well as things like heads-up display to show vehicle speed on the windshield.

• Scott

September 22, 2022 at 8:44 am

Many people seem to express concerns about the white on the yoke. That is understandable and I agree. However, I never hear anyone speaking about the four different interior color options (3 standard plus custom) that are still seen on all our reservation pages. Does someone have reliable information to confirm that for some reason all yokes will only have this white color, or potentially will the yokes have different non-white colors depending upon which interior color scheme you decide for your order? I have been assuming the latter and that the white is just for show on the prototype.

• Kevin Bradbury

September 22, 2022 at 2:55 pm

In the AOC video below, one of the designers stated that the material on the yoke will change, but didn’t say that the color would change. He stated that he looks at the comments on Youtube for that channel and hopefully enough someones have commented on the color there that they may consider a color change along with the material change. Fingers crossed.

• Dennis Swaney

September 22, 2022 at 9:07 am

I just changed the interior on mine from “Codex” to “Coast” due to the white seat inserts on the former.

• Mark Delmont

September 23, 2022 at 6:08 pm

This is not likely to happen, but I would love to see a retro option for the interior. To me, the outside is a cool combination of old and new – the sleek dolphin shape and the openish wheels (they remind me of a 50s race car.

Something like the Morgan. Or maybe a mix of what they are already doing and the Morgan.

• Sam Adams

September 24, 2022 at 8:51 am

Embedding those screens would require a significant increase in dash size, not something I’d want. With the way it is, I’m hoping the screen behind the yoke is height/tilt adjustable.

• Michael McLean

October 2, 2022 at 2:29 pm

The Kia Niro 2023 and Hyundai Ioniq 5 are good examples of screens that are embedded or exposed but don’t require a very large dash, although the Hyundai dash height is closer to the Aptera.

• Jonah Jorgenson

October 3, 2022 at 3:29 pm

I have a cousin that drives an Ionic 5 and loves everything about it to include the screen style. In our case, I think we will have to adjust to the Tesla inspired center screen and the two side view screens in front of the yoke. I drive a Tesla Model 3 now so that transition will not be difficult for me.

• Michael McLean

October 3, 2022 at 5:03 pm

That’s very cool, both of those cars appear to create more open space and unobstructed views by reducing protrusions. Besides providing an integrated air vent on the Aptera center screen, the larger size may also benefit user interface and multimedia functions.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now