It’s about time for another update.

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions It’s about time for another update.

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions It’s about time for another update.

• It’s about time for another update.

Gabriel Kemeny updated 1 week, 5 days ago 12 Members · 13 Posts
  • David Marlow

July 20, 2022 at 11:07 am

The last we heard was that Gama would be reviled about now, so I am assuming there are a few more things to work out. Maybe with the solar and or wiring.

Will there be 1 or 2 more Gama’s before Deltas start to test out the assembly line?

With over 25K reservations and counting you can’t be concerned with having enough for now, it may be time to let everyone know about a possible price increase, from the prices posted 1.5 years ago.

• Joel Smith

July 20, 2022 at 11:13 am

All but holding my breath for that Gamma reveal. No satisfaction to be had in the recent charge plug distraction.

• BigSky Country

July 20, 2022 at 11:23 am

I agree that it would be prudent for Aptera to update their pricing based on what they know today with their suppliers. They should avoid 1 big price increase if they can and break this up over time. Once increase now and another just before production would help customers swallow it easier.

• Norman Roberts

July 20, 2022 at 11:50 am

Yes it has been 5 weeks. Jason said 4 and Chris said maybe +2 weeks for polish. So next week should be big news. Also Jason indicated they would reveal front light info? Unofficially I think there are over 30K reservations.

• Ray Holan

July 20, 2022 at 3:57 pm

Given supply line disruptions and who knows how many other factors, I don’t think we’ll be getting a significant update announcement in the form of a webinar until late August. I’d be happy if it were sooner, but things always seems to take twice as long as expected these days. As we get closer to the end of 2022 and the expected production of at least a few paradigm models, it seems to get more difficult to be patient. LOL

• Jonah Jorgenson

July 20, 2022 at 5:08 pm

It is time for an update whether in the form of a webinar as was done last month or an update video as has been the tradition previously. The update should include answers on development/testing progress/schedule, features that are in and out for first production vehicles, certainly pricing changes if they are being considered, detail on production distribution, some detail on warranty support/repair. Delays at this point in providing substantive information will instill doubt in Aptera’s management of development ad their veracity.

The months are ticking off. “Later this year” is no longer acceptable in delaying answers to questions as has been offered in the past.

• Steven G. Bueche

July 20, 2022 at 5:48 pm

Even in the latest video (within a month) Chris has stated the starting price of $25,900

The latest webinar talked about the 3-6 week timeframe for the Gamma reveal so I doubt they’ll have all the numbers for crash testing and all that the above posted wants to take place.

We’ll get the reveal. Hopefully a nice slow walkaround to take it all in. A list of equipment for the first iteration would be sweet but I don’t see lots of details coming forth.

The production line is touted to take just over two hours to complete a vehicle. Hand building one with fresh new parts to a spit and polish finish should take more. After all this one is for the Electric Shows and the high roller investors. The traveling circus if you will. The next few will be crash test dummies. If no flaws are found then we proceed to the final production intent vehicles. Hopefully from there, a few will get out before the end of the year.

They’ve missed that deadline before so I’m sure it’s on everyone’s mind this year. But please, the pressures on them and they know what day it is and how many are left before the bell tolls at midnight.

Hope for your updates but don’t dictate what you want them to do. They’ve done a hell of a job letting us know things in the past. Just give them breathing room. I’d take several small updates if need be in order to let them focus on the mission at hand.

• Jonah Jorgenson

July 20, 2022 at 6:37 pm

Steven,

If Aptera doesn’t have the things I asked for in an update now, there is no chance they will have production vehicles ready for distribution any time soon. If they don’t have detailed plans and early arrangements for post sales support now they won’t have post delivery support for the production vehicles they say will be delivered early next year.

The big elephant in the room, if they don’t have close to $200M in capital there will be no production. About 70-80% of that to pay the supply chain, the rest for production operations.

These are just the “Facts” of product engineering and development in the current environment. My attitude about Aptera has no impact either positive or negative on those facts or their outcome for Aptera.

If there is no infusion of capital, there will be another significant delay in production and distribution with attendant consequences.

• Pistonboy Delux

July 20, 2022 at 5:50 pm

But look on the bright side. At least Aptera does give updates.

Tesla gives NO updates about its cybertruck (or anything else).

• Bob Kirchner

July 20, 2022 at 6:35 pm

As long as they have something ready for Fully Charged Live in September, I’m good.

• Gordon Niessen

July 20, 2022 at 7:31 pm

I agree. I would also prefer that they make sure it is right, rather than rush it. But I will look forward to seeing it at the Fully Charged Live. Plenty of time before that. It is the main reason I am going.

• Paul Kirchner

July 26, 2022 at 4:26 pm

In their latest video, is Chris plugging into a Gamma?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1vAxgFvy7k

• Gabriel Kemeny

July 26, 2022 at 4:34 pm

That looks like Alpha Luna to me.

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now