January 2022 Update !

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions January 2022 Update !

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions January 2022 Update !

• January 2022 Update !

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

January 25, 2022 at 9:28 am
  • James Foreman

January 25, 2022 at 10:52 am

Maybe it’s just me but I think the visual of the beta on the track looked really cool…kind of reminded me of something.

• Peter Jorgensen

January 25, 2022 at 10:55 am

What size battery does the handling beta have? I wonder if it’s the final pack or a dummy pack from a Volt or something?

• kerbe2705

January 25, 2022 at 9:23 pm

The alphas all have 25 kWh – I’d venture this would be the same in the betas. The beta doesn’t use the passive belly radiator (that silver box up front is a radiator with fans) so I doubt that “final” is a word one could use to describe almost any component of the betas.

• Ray Holan

January 25, 2022 at 11:03 am

Thanks for the post, Oz Man. Great to get confirmation that the Beta model is rolling.

• Pistonboy Delux

January 25, 2022 at 12:07 pm

Oz Man: I have tried to delete my duplicat post, but have been unable. I have now asked the forum “managers’ to do this. Two post of the same subject is not good. There should be only one.

• Pistonboy Delux

January 25, 2022 at 12:16 pm

I see they have all three alpha vehicles there as well as the beta vehicle.

I like the casual “feet up” position at time 0:10.

Buttonwillow raceway had been mentioned before, but they went to Chuckwalla instead which is much closer. Perhaps they mentioned Buttonwillow to throw people off and not try to find them and watch. (I am that kind of person.) I suspect all testing is done.

• GLENN ZAJIC

January 25, 2022 at 12:50 pm

Was a little hard to see but it did not look like there was much leaning in the corners. Probably the result of anti-sway bar? Was hard to judge the speed in these turns but it looked good!

• Pistonboy Delux

January 25, 2022 at 1:23 pm

When the view is from the camera car in front of the Aptera, it shows the horizon sloping, meaning the camera car is leaning.

However, at time 1:08, the camera is inside the beta vehicle and the horizon stays flat, meaning the beta vehicle is not leaning! The vehicle is staying very flat!

• Elzo Stubbe

January 25, 2022 at 2:08 pm

As ever present in the comments was the Aussie Ideas man…………pffff

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

January 25, 2022 at 2:32 pm

Don’t engage him, if you look at his main YouTube page you’ll see, he’s only trolling us to get views. Of his few videos, the only ones with any noticeably countable views are Aptera related, we end up enabling this dweeb.

• Bob Kirchner

January 25, 2022 at 5:39 pm

It’s an odd name for a guy that seems to have only one idea.

• Vernon Michael Gardner

January 25, 2022 at 10:25 pm

I do not see any of his posts anymore, I blocked him a few weeks ago when he trolled our news chat. (If it’s the same guy you guys are talking about).

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now