Kristen Dirksen visits Arcimoto

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Kristen Dirksen visits Arcimoto

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Kristen Dirksen visits Arcimoto

• Kristen Dirksen visits Arcimoto

• kerbe2705

July 25, 2022 at 2:32 pm

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

July 25, 2022 at 3:26 pm

In my email today from Arcimoto. Looks like I’m at bat again. (3rd time) Still trying to justify the buy though.

“I am excited to share with you that we have started delivery of our FUV in California! Thank you for being an early reservation holder and supporter of Arcimoto. We are ready to start planning for your personal delivery experience. Please give me a call to connect with you regarding order details and answer any questions about customizing your FUV as we can likely complete your build within 120 days!

• Michael Kahlow

July 25, 2022 at 4:47 pm

Put some doors on that thing.

I’m sure (or hope) that there’s critical mass for this thing in sunny southern CA. But for those who live a little further north in the Great Land of Snow and Ice, this is just a nice little toy for maybe 5 months out of the year.

• Markus Schmid

July 26, 2022 at 2:52 pm

He mentioned the doors at 25:30

• Kevin Bradbury

July 26, 2022 at 5:54 pm

They are half doors with not much protection from rain or cold. Which is odd being that they are based on Oregon. Any videos I’ve seen of them on the city streets, the rider is wearing a helmet.

There was alot to like but I disliked some of the choices they have made. No full door option. Top speed too slow, and some crazy finger trigger operated regen mechanism. Why not throttle back for acceleration, throttle forward for regen, throttle neutral to coast. Lastly they are too expensive for what you get. IMHO

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

July 26, 2022 at 7:24 pm

The distant dream is for full hard doors, which they have promised and are working towards. I spoke to one of the employees at a demo ride in Sacramento. He basically said the roll cage frame doesn’t lend itself to anything that works well, and they may have to wait for a second iteration with a different frame to make it work properly.

• Ray Holan

July 25, 2022 at 5:31 pm

I used to have a Gizmo EV years ago that was a similar design that didn’t have the benefit of lithium battery pack; it ran on good old Trojan flooded lead acid batteries. I wish Arcimoto well and believe there is a valid market for their vehicle. I need a bit more so I’m patiently awaiting my Aptera;)

• John Malcom

July 25, 2022 at 8:59 pm

No value in the activities for me. Rented one in in the Keys on a dive trip. Very disappointing. Not in the same universe as an Aptera

• Markus Schmid

July 26, 2022 at 2:56 pm

Not enough range for me, and I don’t like much that it obviously handles more like a 3-wheeled motorcycle than a car (no test drive needed to recognize this).

But I’m curious: in which regard have you been disappointed when you rented it?

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

July 26, 2022 at 4:38 pm

It’s a different beast no doubt, I thought it was quite fun to drive, but the range and the price right now don’t do it for me. I ran the numbers since they are telling me it’s my turn to buy, and with the barest of upgrades (Doors/Trunk/Paint/Etc.) the price is higher than a 250 mile Aptera.

• Robert Hauck

July 26, 2022 at 3:47 pm

They must be selling some. Saw one on the road near the Aptera facility in Carlsbad.

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

July 26, 2022 at 4:35 pm

They have a rental facility somewhere in the San Diego area.

• Alain Chuzel

August 7, 2022 at 6:28 am

It’s “Kirsten” not “Kristen” and, interestingly, there was another forum thread titled “Kristen Dirksen visits Aptera” (note wrong spelling again) but it seems to have vanished!

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now