List of What We Do Know About Final Aptera Configuration

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions List of What We Do Know About Final Aptera Configuration

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions List of What We Do Know About Final Aptera Configuration

• List of What We Do Know About Final Aptera Configuration

Arlen Bell updated 2 weeks, 1 day ago 7 Members · 12 Posts
  • Ray Holan

July 23, 2022 at 1:56 pm

I mourn the loss of the FAQ spreadsheet that used to address many more questions than those included in the current FAQ link on the Aptera website. What do y’all think about pooling our knowledge of the short list of Aptera questions to which we now have reliable answers?

Some Examples:

Yoke – Yes

Side mirrors AND cameras

Production order = 400 mi. model first, 250 mi, 600 mi, 1,000 mile

Type of battery cell to be used in the various size packs

Of course, NOTHING is certain until the Apterae start hitting the streets, but the final feature set seems to be getting clearer.

• Dennis Swaney

July 23, 2022 at 4:09 pm

Well, they had to delete the FAQ since it was fast becoming just a list of “alternate facts”, as is their promise of actual production and deliveries to real world buyers in 2022. At best, there will be ONE Gamma (or maybe Delta) vehicle christened as “production” but it won’t be sold to a real world buyer. Rather it will be “sold” to a company employee for PR purposes on December 31, 2022 at 11:59 PM, PST. Basically they started believing their own hype but now the engineering chickens are coming home to roost! 😆

I question your second item: why have BOTH side mirrors and cameras? If they have the cameras then the mirrors aren’t needed and vice versa.

The one “feature” that is still very murky concerns the audio bit regular or enhanced. What input jacks will it have? RCA? 1/8″ stereo Aux? USB-A? USB-C? If they would just say who is the supplier, that might help: Blaupunkt? JBL? Kenwood? Pioneer? Sony?

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

July 23, 2022 at 4:20 pm

Dennis, physical side mirrors for the vehicle are required by law. The camera mirrors will be more useful and effective though, so they are being equipped with both. Pending updated regulations the physical mirrors are being designed for easy removal when the law permits.

• Dennis Swaney

July 23, 2022 at 4:38 pm

Then if the cameras work, I’ll just remove the physical mirrors to cut down drag. I have never seen anyone stopped for a “mirror check”.

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

July 23, 2022 at 4:59 pm

Totally up to you. I’ve seen plenty of traffic officers just looking for an excuse, just depends on where you are and what mood they’re in, good luck though!

• John Malcom

July 23, 2022 at 5:16 pm

Especially around the end of the month if they haven’t achieved their quota

• kerbe2705

July 23, 2022 at 6:26 pm

@John Malcom And, at least for the first few years, it would probably be wise to carry a hard-copy of the “autocycle” rules for whatever state in which you’re driving, just to prove to the curious officer who pulls you over that you’re not breaking any laws…

• Dennis Swaney

July 23, 2022 at 7:20 pm

Excellent idea.

• Arlen Bell

July 24, 2022 at 9:09 am

Early Aptera buyers are going to get pulled over frequently out of curiosity AND officers are going to have to state a reason in their paperwork so mirrors are going to be an issue.

• Dennis Swaney

July 23, 2022 at 7:25 pm

Arizona only requires 1 mirror. How is Aptera going to get around those states that require 3 mirrors with the full solar package?

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

July 23, 2022 at 7:43 pm

Possible, but doubtful that any state requires 3 mirrors. (IE including the center window main) since that would preclude the licensing of any box truck. (Unless they were exempt.)

• Peter Dezendorf

July 24, 2022 at 8:49 am

Huh? Please point me to state law that requires three mirrors on an autocycle, or motorcycle.

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now