Live webinar in June?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Live webinar in June?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Live webinar in June?

• Live webinar in June?

• Laura Batchelor

June 1, 2022 at 11:18 am

How does one get notified of the live webinar that is coming up? I would like to know about it before it happens, instead of after the fact.

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

June 1, 2022 at 12:02 pm

A lot of options, keep an eye on Aptera social media, keep an eye on Aptera Emails, join us over on Reddit r/ApteraMotors, we keep tabs on such things pretty well and post the info there.

• Dennis Swaney

June 1, 2022 at 1:21 pm

Oz, there are a lot of us who eschew “social media” like FB, TikTok, etc. However, I did subscribe to the Aptera Events calendar.

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

June 1, 2022 at 2:41 pm

That’s why I included Reddit, which isn’t really social media.

• John Wiley

June 1, 2022 at 6:01 pm

How do I subscribe to the Aptera Events calendar?

• Dennis Swaney

June 1, 2022 at 7:43 pm

Click on the 3 dashes up to the left of the Aptera logo at the top of the page to open the site menu.

Next click on the “Events” item in the menu.

Last, down in the lower right of the Events page is a button labeled “Subscribe to calendar”.

• Francis Giroux

June 1, 2022 at 1:55 pm

Speaking of social media, where besides Youtube and Reddit can we find Aptera?

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

June 1, 2022 at 2:43 pm

TikTok, Instagram, FaceBook, and Twitter for official Aptera. plenty of FaceBook groups for followers. Reddit and Discord for the non social media sites

• Dennis Swaney

June 1, 2022 at 3:45 pm

What platform does Aptera use for their webinars? Hopefully it won’t conflict with Apple’s WWDC next week.

• Ray Holan

June 1, 2022 at 3:53 pm

They’ve used Zoom in the past and also Google Meet.

• kerbe2705

June 5, 2022 at 12:22 pm

@Francis Giroux – don’t forget their YouTube channel. Aptera usually launches videos on Facebook and then loads them to their YouTube account.

• Laura Batchelor

June 5, 2022 at 6:51 am

If they announce it in an email at least a couple of days ahead of time, I’m good. I don’t sit around looking at FB, etc. and don’t have Reddit. I don’t use a calendar app, which apparently is needed to “subscribe” to the Aptera calendar. I’m not umbilically connected to electronic gadgets. I have a calendar on the wall that I write on in pencil, since appointments often change. Much easier to see what is coming up months in advance that way. As an investor and purchaser, I’d appreciate it if they would just send a freaking email ahead of time instead of me having to “keep an eye out” for the info. I do have an actual life that keeps me busy.

• Cameron McGuinness

June 2, 2022 at 1:00 am

@Sarah will there be an opportunity to post questions to be asked for this webinar? Being located in Australia the webinars are not on at the best time to join in.

Thanks 😊

• Laura Batchelor

June 5, 2022 at 6:53 am

I also have some specific questions, so would appreciate a way to submit them ahead of time. Thanks.

• Jonah Jorgenson

June 5, 2022 at 7:18 am

The past webinars have been time limited so the live Q&A period is not sufficient to answer all the questions people want to ask. To do so would take hours! In addition to questions submitted ahead of time, people on the webinar will ask some in real time. The moderator, probably Sarah, will select the questions to be answered in real time.

Many common questions are answered in the Q&A section on the site. I would suggest thoroughly reviewing that Q&A with your questions in mind as many of them would be answered there. It makes sense that submitted and real time questions that are answered in the on site Q&A will not be addressed in the live session.

I think it is remarkable that a startup is willing to be so open about what is going on with the development of their product. This is not the case with any startups that I am aware of. So rather than complain that our questions are not answered let’s be appreciative of this openness on the part of Aptera. Remember, they are doing this ground breaking development on a shoestring budget with a very small staff.

• kerbe2705

June 5, 2022 at 12:27 pm

@Jonah Jorgenson – Hear, hear! Many people skip – or are unaware of – the FAQ and so we end-up with posts asking if Aptera will have AC, or windows, or plug-in charging capability, etc. over and over again!

• Laura Batchelor

June 5, 2022 at 1:40 pm

I am not complaining that questions don’t get answered – to the contrary, I think it’s amazing how open they are. It’s one of the main reasons I invested in the company.

My issue is that I missed hearing about webinars in the past until after the event because I’m not on social media very much. I check FB, youtube and my email once or twice a day and often miss the FB posts from Aptera. Email works best, but even that isn’t helpful if they put out the announcement the day of the event. It’s not like they don’t know ahead of time that it’s scheduled. I would just like to know a couple of days before so I can attend. Even better, a week before…

My “question” for the webinar is that I would like to have them briefly explain the actual steps customers will go through when orders are finalized. (I posted that as another topic right after this and got a general idea of what Tesla does from another member). It’s not addressed in the FAQ. For example, if they are going to start production late this year, will everyone get a call a month or two before that. As soon as the gamma is finalized? Or will the calls be ongoing during production in a steady stream? Will the timing of finalizing the order be based on the battery size of our existing order – and what happens if I change that to a smaller battery? At what point will we need to make a payment? Just a general idea is all I’m looking for, so I know what to expect.

Thanks to everyone who posted here. Always good info from a passionate group of fans. I’m really glad this forum exists!

• Gabriel Kemeny

June 6, 2022 at 3:58 am

With deliveries more than 6 months away, even Aptera itself probably doesn’t know the answers to those questions – it’s just way too early for that.

• Laura Batchelor

June 13, 2022 at 12:23 pm

With 23,000 orders, it’s going to take a lot of hours to talk to each customer, even if it’s only for 15 or 20 minutes each. Also, some folks are going to need lead time to get their money sorted out, particularly if invested in something that is not totally liquid. Aptera seems to be good at doing multiple systems at once, so I’d be really surprised if they hadn’t already worked out those details, at least in a general way. I’m not looking for calendar dates, but more of an idea of what I need to expect as a customer when the time comes so I don’t waste their time by being confused.

• Cameron McGuinness

June 5, 2022 at 10:17 pm

My question relates to international compliance. Not coved in FAQ. I fully understand that the webinar time is limited but surely they could set aside a small amount of time for questions for people who can’t watch due to incompatible time zones.

• Laura Batchelor

June 9, 2022 at 7:57 am

UPDATE: I got an email titled “Aptera embarks on next stage of Series B fundraising” that included an announcement about the webinar. Unfortunately, the link in the email for asking questions did not work – it took me to a page that says I “do not have permission” to be there. However, you can find a working link by going to the “get more information on the event” link at the bottom of the email announcement. It takes you to a strange form where you can post a question by clicking on the + button on the top right. I had no idea how to submit the question after I was done typing, so I kind of clicked around, took the tour and looked at the questions without finding an answer. I finally just closed the page, and it stayed in the form. I do see some other questions that are answered in the FAQ and on this forum, unfortunately.

• Markus Schmid

June 9, 2022 at 8:31 am

Thank you Laura, your hint is extremely helpful to me (and to others as well, I believe).

Furthermore, your former post (June 5.) in this thread pretty much mirrors my own point of view, I couldn’t have expressed it better than you did. Thank you also for this!

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now