Make your voice heard!

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Make your voice heard!

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Make your voice heard!

• Make your voice heard!

• Peter Dezendorf

January 20, 2022 at 11:46 am

There is a new bill being drafted in DC concerning energy and climate change. It appears to include a $12,500 subsidy for EVs. But will the wording of subsidy language make the subsidy apply to EV motorcycles and autocycles? Contact your representatives in DC and make your voice heard!

• Scott Price

January 20, 2022 at 12:00 pm

Peter, thanks for the heads-up. Can you please provide more specifics so we can reference it in any communications? Does the bill have an official name and number? Senate, House, both?

• Peter Dezendorf

January 20, 2022 at 12:37 pm

I wish I could, but I can’t find that. After Build Back Better failed, the having to do with energy and climate change topics are being merged (from a few news sources). No identifier that I can find.

• Guy SKEER

January 20, 2022 at 12:35 pm
    • Peter Dezendorf

January 20, 2022 at 12:40 pm

Thanks. In my messages to my representatives I noted that the Aptera vehicles would be reasonably priced, not another Tesla.

• Guy SKEER

January 20, 2022 at 12:37 pm

Extra Incentives $4500 and $500 for UNION made (IN THE U.S.) EV and Batteries, respectively.

• Guy SKEER

January 20, 2022 at 1:07 pm

There may Be (And I hope there ARE) more legislation in process, but My admittedly Weak Google-Fu could only find this article with Numbers and details.

• Guy SKEER

January 20, 2022 at 1:13 pm

Here is What Washington has already done:

https://www.coltura.org/coltura-news/2021/4/15/washington-state-passes-law-establishing-2030-target-for-phasing-out-gasoline-vehicles

One could hope for some Monetary Incentives to follow in next Legislative Session…

Might be tricky WHEN to take delivery of MY NEW APTERA!

• John Malcom

January 20, 2022 at 4:52 pm

Especially if you have Republican representatives as there is where the opposition to expanding funding for EV subsidies is strongest now. I have two (R) Senators and two (R) Representatives that have expressed their reservations about funding EV subsidies.

I am sure our D.C. Lobbyists are working on this topic and doing a good job but we can help out from the bottom up too.

• Joshua Rosen

January 21, 2022 at 8:10 am

Is there something new? The credits were part of Biden’s Build Back Better bill which has thankfully been killed.

It’s time for all credits on EVs to be eliminated, they aren’t needed anymore. The problem isn’t demand it’s supply. The wait for a new Tesla is months to a year, Ford dealers are tacking on $30,000 markups on F150 Lightnings. If the government wants to do something to spur EV adoption they should be offering tax credits for building battery plant’s in the US as well as domestic sources of lithium, nickel and cobalt.

• John Malcom

January 21, 2022 at 10:23 am

Perhaps a review of forum guidelines would be a worthwhile exercise for you. There is no place for your political rhetoric here.

• Joshua Rosen

January 21, 2022 at 10:26 am

We’ve been through this before, how is my rhetoric different from your’s? It’s OK to post things that are pro credits but not anti? You’re previous post complains about having Republican representatives, why is that OK if my opposition to credits isn’t? I’ve refrained from mentioning parties or saying anything about my Senators and Congresswomen, you haven’t.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  Joshua Rosen.
      • Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

January 21, 2022 at 11:35 am

John, I agree with what Joshua said above, Look at your first paragraph 4 posts up. That statement could have easily been made without a party reference, but you chose to make a point on the orientation, it should be a question of the need to convince whoever is in charge of casting a vote in Congress, without regard to the party.

• John Malcom

January 21, 2022 at 5:14 pm

Point accepted

• Peter Dezendorf

January 21, 2022 at 7:09 pm

How is this not a political statement? All EV incentives should be killed?

• Joshua Rosen

January 22, 2022 at 7:00 am

Of course it’s a political statement. You started an explicitly political thread where you asked everyone to contact their representative to support the bill. You think these incentives are a good idea, that’s fine I support your right to feel that way and to campaign for them, but I think they aren’t necessary anymore and in the case of this particular bill the new incentives are counter productive. Why is it appropriate for you to express your support for a bill but it’s not OK for me to oppose it?

• Guy SKEER

January 21, 2022 at 11:49 am

Can We Please keep it on a Genial and Genteel Level?

Nobody needs Run Up a Flag and “Fart in the Others’ General Direction”!! LOL!

This is About APTERA!

• Vernon Michael Gardner

January 21, 2022 at 11:40 pm
    • Peter Dezendorf

January 22, 2022 at 6:27 am

Thanks for posting this.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now