May Update and production plans

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions May Update and production plans

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions May Update and production plans

• May Update and production plans

• Pistonboy Delux

June 1, 2022 at 9:13 am

This is a very good update. It provides much information about Aptera’s production plans.

They mentions the early motors will come from Slovenia and the production will move to the United States.

https://youtu.be/ErUsBBxubwghttps://youtu.be/ErUsBBxubwg

• kerbe2705

June 1, 2022 at 9:48 am

Three videos in one month – an abundance of riches!

• Curtis Cibinel

June 1, 2022 at 9:58 am

Great stuff.

<font face=”inherit”>I was getting close to releasing a new 3d printable model with interior (just needed to finish the seats) and now I need to do 4 more updates with the new aerodynamics changes. The tail change is actually quite </font>significant – hopefully won’t be too polarizing

• kerbe2705

June 1, 2022 at 7:37 pm

@Curtis Cibinel The tail isn’t all that much different – it’s just comes to more of a knife-edge on the sides… The animation, though, was kind of unnerving – when they pushed it beyond an acceptable limit and it became all squirmy… The only other change seems to be the switch from grilles to ducts on either side of the license plate.

• Russell Fauver

June 1, 2022 at 10:06 am

Thanks! Glad to see further refinements to the aerodynamics, drag is the enemy. I was kinda hoping they would round off the aft corners a bit more. Might help reduce drag and make it easier to reach inside the back hatch.

• Curtis Cibinel

June 1, 2022 at 5:11 pm

Don’t underestimate frontal area, rolling resistance, and weight – they are all important.

PS: Aux load from heating/ac can also be very important. I remember a thread where we talked about enclosing the back area for thermal isolation.

• V Pilot

June 1, 2022 at 10:28 am

Whoa, the mention of Gamma gave me heart palpitations!

• kerbe2705

June 1, 2022 at 7:25 pm

@V Pilot it might be wise, then, to sit down when they start talking about the Delta…

😉

• V Pilot

June 1, 2022 at 7:52 pm

LOL, probably stock up on sedatives to keep from stroking out because after that they’ll be talking about deliveries. I hope I can survive the excitement long enough to drive it!

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  V Pilot.
        • Vernon Michael Gardner

June 2, 2022 at 12:49 am

I am not a real doctor, I just play one on the internet. Where is the patient?

• John Young

June 1, 2022 at 2:55 pm

Want to see that Gamma!

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  John Young.
    • Dennis Swaney

June 1, 2022 at 3:38 pm

Here you go, John: Γ

• John Voules

June 1, 2022 at 7:17 pm

I was also thinking it was the gamma. Too many visual changes to be otherwise. It looks like the wheel covers were redesigned, rear has been shortened and the overall hull of the vehicle seems different. The vehicle may also be somewhat shorter in length. Overall appearance looks tight and with an even more higher end look.

So Impressed… I feel like a teenager waiting to get his first car…more so than when I drove an early Tesla Roadster 15 years ago and couldn’t wipe the grin off my face.

Trying To Maintain,

More Great News,

Keep It Coming.

62 year old Teen!

• kerbe2705

June 1, 2022 at 7:24 pm

@John Voules Actually, the vehicle has been LENGTHENED by four inches, overall. The tail of the Beta appears to be shorter because the curve of the roof has been extended more to the rear. The belly also extends a bit further back before curving up to the tail.

The body section (a slice across from door to door) is a bit less oval, providing a bit more head and hip room. The seats have been moved closer toward the center, providing more head room and the doors have been reshaped, enlarged and hinged in a different way to allow for easier ingress and egress.

• kerbe2705

June 1, 2022 at 7:39 pm

@Dennis Swaney 🤣

• Andrea Rodolico

June 1, 2022 at 10:45 pm

I like the new design even better. Just hoping you may find a way to reduce the width of the front, at least at low speed for parking in a garage. This thing is wider than my Model S and that’s already snug through the garage doors. BTW – Are the side cameras vs rear mirrors posing any issue for deliveries in 2022?

Regardless, the great recent updates were so enticing I finally decided to invest.

Keep up the great work!

• Steven G. Bueche

June 2, 2022 at 6:54 am

I wonder when the website introduction pages and order section will reflect the new body and interior changes?

It seems like most of the visuals are due for an update.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now