More about testing the Beta prototypes…

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions More about testing the Beta prototypes…

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions More about testing the Beta prototypes…

• More about testing the Beta prototypes…

• kerbe2705

February 4, 2022 at 9:50 am
  • Llewellyn Evans

March 12, 2022 at 8:16 pm

I have a Moose test question.

I see in the vehicle dynamics test video they do a run starting at 2.39 and finish at 2.45. (rough but conservative measurement)

6 seconds to run 110m ( track length is 110m from first to last cone according ISO 3888-2:2011) means an average speed of 18.33m/s .

18.33m/s means average speed is 66km/h.

Why is nobody jumping for joy about beating the Moose?

• Curtis Cibinel

March 12, 2022 at 8:29 pm

Aptera Owners Club did a video on it a month ago – definitely important. When done with production intent polished vehicle it will actually count. https://youtu.be/9BRaKbWQdxY

Fyi: Both I and Brian Jacobsen used different methods and calculated 72 kph average.

• Llewellyn Evans

March 12, 2022 at 8:35 pm

Yep, more like 72km/h.

My number is low and conservative so that the trolls on Youtube would find it impossible to reasonably contest.

• John Malcom

March 13, 2022 at 10:27 am

For me what will count will be when all configurations (Combination of wheels driven and battery size) in production ready vehicles are tested and the results published. I believe wheel configuration and battery size will have a measurable effect on moose testing and speed of successful completion.

I ordered a 400mi two wheel drive with full solar. I want to see the performance numbers for that configuration.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now