Motorcycle safety Visibility

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Motorcycle safety Visibility

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Motorcycle safety Visibility

• Motorcycle safety Visibility

Joshua Vance Vance updated 5 months ago 9 Members · 12 Posts
  • seth feldman

January 20, 2022 at 5:01 pm

As a motorcycle commuter I’ve learned visibility makes a huge difference in how many times I almost get ran over on a daily basis. I’m almost afraid how much even adding reflective tape would affect the aerodynamics of this, let alone the side markers similar to what I added on most of my bikes. I see this as an opportunity to go full futuristic tron style and incorporate LED strips into the car itself. down sides from front of the wheels to back of the car, and over the window arches since they’re tallest most visible part.

• Guy SKEER

January 21, 2022 at 3:37 am

As a Multi Hundred Thousand Miles MotorCyclist, 60+ Years’ Bicyclist, Blah, Blah…

I am Moving Towards a Custom Wrap that is Nearly Obnoxious in its Visual Impact…

The Formula 1 “Red Bull” Livery is One Candidate. From Airplanes Of Yore, I might entertain Aerobatic/WWII Nose Art, and have the Front Wheel Fairings in Black/White Checkerboard…

I want any Jury to be Incredulous, If/When a Defendant states: “I didn’t See the APTERA”, as They so often have when trying to avoid responsibility for Their Driving Judgement Error(s).

• Peter Dezendorf

January 21, 2022 at 6:39 am

As a 20 year motorcycle rider, I always went with a solid color. Camouflage tends to be broken up.

• seth feldman

January 21, 2022 at 7:37 pm

shhh, I’m just trying to get them to add a tron option under the guise of “safety” lol

Although I almost hate driving my suv due to not having the escape routes available on one of my bikes when I get cut off/brake checked

• Michael Hicks

January 25, 2022 at 7:07 am

How about opting to have them wrap it in a bright color (yellow or orange) during the build process?

• Joshua Rosen

January 26, 2022 at 8:04 am

I once rented a car and after I took their optional insurance I turned to my girlfriend and said, this way I can return the car to them as a cube. They proceeded to give me a Mustang in the brightest most hideous shade of orange I’d ever seen.

• la m

January 26, 2022 at 6:30 am

There’s always Plasti-Dip Hi-Viz green or yellow. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How about custom striping, etc with Solas tape?

Or is this a solution presuming a problem?

• Riley ________________________________

January 26, 2022 at 7:00 am

If someone hits you in an aptera they would have hit you no matter what you were driving. My concern is that aptera will be too “visible” and be the cause of a crash due to people starring at it while on the highway. Here is a comparison between aptera and a tesla, a motorcycle is tiny in comparison.

• Guy SKEER

January 26, 2022 at 7:06 am

Had a Friend who had His Porsche painted “Stone Grey” to avoid Notice…

East German Concrete Grey for You, Riley? or Asphalt Dark Grey?

Scientists have come up with a SUPER BLACK that absorbs almost all incident Light…

• Riley ________________________________

January 26, 2022 at 7:10 am

Blackout whole car with clear smoked lenses and darkest tint I can get away with

• Ray Holan

January 26, 2022 at 8:27 am

Riley, your stealth model ironically begins to look like a drop of crude oil. LOL. Here in Ohio I wouldn’t be able to get away with that dark a tint. I once got a $125 ticket from a local policeman who stopped me and slapped a “tint reading” device over my side windows. Ouch.

• Joshua Vance Vance

January 27, 2022 at 1:16 pm

I mean it does look…(puts on sunglasses) *oil slick* YYEEAAAAAAHHHH!!!

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now