Apple EV News

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Apple EV News

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Apple EV News

• Apple EV News

• randy-j

February 3, 2022 at 4:20 am

That’s very familiar looking. I like it. A lot. I wonder how wide it is.

• Riley

February 3, 2022 at 6:30 am

Swap the Apple logo for aptera’s logo and put more realistic wheels/suspension and you have the future lineup of aptera.

• ray-holan

February 3, 2022 at 7:43 am

Interesting, Ronster. I’ve been an Apple fanboy and user since 1985. Apple certainly has the cash to fund the development of an EV of their own design. From the little information that has leaked to the media, their EV development has been an on again, off again effort. Apple is notorious for playing it close to the vest so it’s no surprise there hasn’t been a lot of information about their Apple car plans. Aptera is just the opposite!

• jesthorbjorn

February 3, 2022 at 8:18 am

Looking at that speculative design in comparison to Aptera invites still further speculation.

As shown, that would be the most direct stylistic competition that Aptera might face; and given Apple’s clout, formidable competition indeed!

On the other hand, Apple might look to take the short-cut and seek to buy-out Aptera to get there. Chris & Steve have stuck to their go-it-alone moto so far but the dollars and other resources that Apple could bring to bear could be mighty tempting. Likely expensive for the end consumer too.

All purest speculation, of course. Apple has no overwhelming appeal to me. I will remain happy with the current plan and progress.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  Joel Smith.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  Joel Smith.
    • george-hughes

February 3, 2022 at 11:32 am

Do you guys really hate right to repair that much that you’d want Aptera to sell to Apple?

• richard-paul

August 3, 2022 at 8:55 am

I was an Apple fanboy since 1982. But they have ticked me off recently. If Apple were to buy Aptera I would drop my order.

Aptera is very opposite to Apple. Examples: very open communications and right to repair. Apple opposes right to repair.

• jonah-jorgenson

August 3, 2022 at 10:22 am

I think the remotest possibility that Apple would buy Aptera. But if they did I would drop my order too based on there poor and very expensive product support

• joshua-rosen

February 3, 2022 at 10:42 am

I hate these refrigerator art articles. You see them all the time, somebody draws a picture based on absolutely nothing and then writes an article about it as if was something real instead of just hanging it on their refrigerator where it belongs. Apple does not prerelease anything, they make the NSA look like a sieve. Apple will show their car when they are ready to ship the car to customers.

• Jon_Arryn

February 3, 2022 at 11:28 am

Like MotorTrend’s Fisker PEAR? I actually liked their take. Most “renderings” aren’t based on anything but fanboy conjecture.

• Phil

February 3, 2022 at 10:44 am

If Apple were to buy Aptera, expect a price jack up of at least $10,000 or more, that’s how they roll.

• david-haughton

August 2, 2022 at 9:47 pm

as Foxconn is partnered with apple and LORDSTOWN and LORDSTOWN has an Elaphe in wheel hub production line in the states it seems likely that this could happen.

• jonah-jorgenson

August 3, 2022 at 6:16 am

Thee is possible then there is probable. Nearly everything is possible. Far less are probable. What you surmise falls in the latter category.

Just an attention grabbing article from a car magazine with no basis in fact. much like the car artwork.

• Biker

February 28, 2024 at 7:14 am
    • curtis-cibinel

February 28, 2024 at 12:16 pm

One less strongly anti-“right to repair” EV maker. Probably a good thing.

or to reply.