Nathan Armstrong, New Project.

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Nathan Armstrong, New Project.

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Nathan Armstrong, New Project.

• Nathan Armstrong, New Project.

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

March 10, 2022 at 5:41 am

“The Technical Mind Behind the Aptera SEV Is Now Making an Electric Off-Road Motorcycle”

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/the-technical-mind-behind-the-aptera-sev-is-now-making-an-electric-off-road-motorcycle-183591.html

• Joshua Rosen

March 10, 2022 at 5:46 am

This is awful news. He should be 100% focused on Aptera, unless this is just an investment he shouldn’t be wasting his time on another company.

• John Voules

March 13, 2022 at 2:48 pm

This definitely needs to be addressed…especially to investors.

I did look at Mr Armstrong’s dirt bikes…mind you I’m not a dirt bike kind of guy, but it sure looks more like a powered BMX bicycle….maybe that’s the goal. Either way he is entering a market that right now is dominated by Zero Motorcycles that has a nationwide dealer network.

Elon Musk was mentioned….he is a multitasker extraordinaire and I’m sure that there are others that are dedicated and focused enough to handle multi businesses, let’s hope Nathan Armstrong is one of those people.

Nathan Armstrong…..Can you say a few words….It’s been a while.

• Curtis Cibinel

March 10, 2022 at 11:06 am

One needs to expect he has some engineering and management involvement given he put his name on it. He is still listed as the CTO but I agree this splits his attention. Perhaps he is working some insane (ie Elon like) hours to do both but your right it is a concern to lose focus from a critical leader at this stage. Its good to see electrification for dirt bikes and the price of this is very good.

• Joel Smith

March 10, 2022 at 11:11 am

He was pretty out front and a vocal advocate for Aptera a year ago and more before seeming to go quiet. Guess we now know what else he has been been about. Still shown as Aptera’s CTO so…?

• Leaver

March 10, 2022 at 11:54 am

Oh man… that is awesome. I can already tell that I will likely be ordering one soon. I might even try to arrange a tour of their operations, (Alberta is only a two or three long days drive from me in Alaska). I’m selling my last gas motorcycle this spring, and it’ll be the first time in many years that I won’t have any motorcycles in the garage. Maybe this will be the new horse in the stable. And you gotta love their mission statement… “To Oppose Entropy”… made me laugh out loud.

• John Malcom

March 10, 2022 at 1:21 pm

Thanks OZ for hunting this down and posting for us

Disappointing to say the least. Explains why we don’t get any “Information” from the still listed CTO. This at one of the most critical times in the Aptera development/testing/production program. Not having a full time CTO when expecting to do an IPO is damaging as well. Sponsor of IPOs like to see stability in C level staff and all of their attention on the business of the company.

Disappointed in Aptera for not being upfront with this status. First chink in openness.

• Steven G. Bueche

March 13, 2022 at 6:27 am

Is there a market for Electric cycles? From what I’ve seen bike boys are not real crazy for them.

I haven’t been in the bike riding arena for some time so I could be wrong.

Concerning news for the CTO to not be fully focus on the current mission.

• Leaver

March 13, 2022 at 12:46 pm

I can tell you that this “bike boy” is very much crazy for them (and I’m not alone). Get a dedicated gas biker on an electric bike and they will be converted very quickly. I’m selling my last gas bike this spring, and I’ll never buy another… I’m only going to get electric from here on. Riding the Zero motorcycles for the first time a few years ago is all it took.

• Paul Schultz

March 13, 2022 at 7:48 am

There are no indications that I have seen/read that the Aptera CTO’s career expansion has resulted in a limit in Aptera product development. It could be the case but we don’t know this is the case. So, I don’t carry the disappointment that some of you have expressed. Also, I don’t think this represents a lack of openness. Aptera doesn’t need to release the personal career evolution of their employees. They are growing in size. They certainly cannot be expected to release other non-Apter business ventures of their employees. If he is still the CTO then that indicates to me that the Aptera leadership doesn’t have an issue. To me, he is still their CTO. I have seen no indication of him delaying product development. Nathan Armstrong is Canadian and he invested in a Canadian EV motorbike company. Good for him for trying to grow an EV presence in his home country. Most likely the Aptera design is nearing finality and doesn’t need as much of his time/energy/attention as it once required. Good for him to have the energy to pursue his interests.

It could be worse… he could have bought an internal combustion engine based motorcycle company! 🙂

Frankly, this group is very starved for information due to our excitement for Aptera. With what we know (or more importantly what we don’t know) we shouldn’t treat this as a conflict/concern. More information would be needed prior to jumping in that direction.

• John Malcom

March 13, 2022 at 2:19 pm

Actually any change in the status of C level staff is important to keep investors, or potential investors informed about and, if preparing for an IPO, any organization that might in the future be doing due diligence.

Hearing such news from the press before hearing it from the organization creates a situation open to misinterpretation and concern for the Intentions of the company. In the case of Aptera this is exacerbated by the fact we haven’t heard anything from the CTO for some time.

It would be useful for Aptera to make an announcement to clarify and reaffirm his role in the project at this critical time

• Paul Schultz

March 13, 2022 at 7:52 pm

But is it a concerning change simply because someone notices that Nathan has other interests/endeavors. He would not be the first executive to have more than one iron in the fire. Here is his LinkedIn work listing to show he has had his fabrication company prior to his involvement with Aptera and recently started the EV business to try to bring some of his EV ideas to fruition. While he has these other interests we don’t know the level (if any) that they might take him away from work at Aptera. I still don’t see this as an issue. Aptera may not be announcing anything since there may be nothing to announce.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/nathanarmstrong1/details/experience/

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by  Paul Schultz.
Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now