New Aptera design from Aptera Motors?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions New Aptera design from Aptera Motors?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions New Aptera design from Aptera Motors?

• New Aptera design from Aptera Motors?

Elzo Stubbe updated 4 months, 1 week ago 20 Members · 32 Posts
  • Pistonboy Delux

February 13, 2022 at 8:54 pm

The image of aptera presented by Aptera Motors in the investor call (Feb 10, 2022) is very different from previous images. This is not a fan picture. Yes it is a computer rendering, but it is a computer rendering from Aptera Motors Corp. They would not present a computer rendering different from what they will be delivering. Does this mean major appearance changes are coming?

The finish is shinny.

The front wheel shrouds are darker at the lower front.

The ring of lights around the front nose are different.

The three vertical lights between the door and side glowgo are gone (expected).

Is the back of the rear wheel shroud darker?

The vida orange color may go up to the window on the interior.

What is that in the center of the row of lights on the nose front. A light? An access handle to open front recharge port door? Armstrong had talked about this.

I thought it was beautiful before. This is even more beautiful.

https://youtu.be/kGPAIg_OVCU

Aptera owners club has a larger image

https://youtu.be/JWOXHBuOSR0

• This discussion was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Pistonboy Delux. Reason: Forgot a sentence

• Pistonboy Delux

February 13, 2022 at 9:07 pm

The interior headrest is different too.

• Len Nowak Nowak

February 14, 2022 at 5:14 am

Hmmm

It seems it is a rendering

Perhaps Jason Hill and the team are starting to illustrate things we may see as they move to the Delta model

For me. Re.:

The finish is shinny.

Chris states in this either wrap, painted or colored composite. TBD

The front wheel shrouds are darker at the lower front.

I suppose being looked at in response to comments on the standard 5 “ GC. Or could it be what the Off Road fairing could use?

The ring of lights around the front nose are different.

?

The three vertical lights between the door and side glowgo are gone (expected).

Less is more…Is no real benefit and less components?

Is the back of the rear wheel shroud darker?

?

The vida orange color may go up to the window on the interior.

Seems that way. They worked with Roush on door improvements, maybe a strength and door ergonomic improvement?

What is that in the center of the row of lights on the nose front. A light? An access handle to open front recharge port door? Armstrong had talked about this.

Could be ? I was expecting it to open from the other side, But whatever! I believe… when I was at their San Diego studio, on Noir ( first Alpha ) the entire hood came off

The frunk tray we saw in one video surely would be more accessible if the hood opens from the front, if it stays in that position.

For aerodynamic reason, choices and finish at this spot would be an important call

Remember once, in a very old video…Chris mention a charge port upfront? But I think that faded?

I thought it was beautiful before. This is even more beautiful.

INDEED

Re headrest.

Yes, lots of changes being seen as they progress. Even the Beta mule being tested had a gaming-like seat in it, with yet a different look

Agree. EXCITING!

• Peter Jorgensen

February 14, 2022 at 8:01 am

That render is the beta design with some asthetic tweaks. Notice it has a deeper belly and a raked rear wheel skirt leading edge than the alphas?

• Paul Kirchner

February 14, 2022 at 9:01 am

Maybe it was a false psychological trick I was playing on myself but whenever I polish and wax my cars, they seem to slip through the air easier. Maybe there’s a real benefit to a gloss surface as opposed to a matte?

• kerbe2705

February 14, 2022 at 10:14 am

At one point we had heard that the headlights were too high to fit US code guidelines.

The central part of the front lightbar is pretty much where a radar, lidar or FLIR unit would need to be mounted.

I’m most interested in the small body panel in front of the driver’s door opening – on about the same level as the side-view camera – perhaps the new charge port?

• Joel Smith

February 14, 2022 at 11:07 am

Betting that is the lower door hinge. There is a matching small panel just above the windshield.

• Danny O

February 15, 2022 at 2:31 pm

This render and it’s design changes look fantastic! If they had to lower the headlights as you mentioned to fit US code guidelines, then this rendering looks to have used that space on the hood to add more solar panels (alpha=26, render=30). Awesome!

• Raj Giandeep

February 14, 2022 at 10:42 am

Here is the image, so you can zoom in & get a closer look.

• Paul Evans

February 14, 2022 at 12:57 pm

For what it’s worth, here’s my two cents analysis. [Caution – value estimate may be smaller than it appears! ]

I believe the image is a photograph. Why? If it’s a render, why create a background of a body of water between the concrete-appearing surface with a shoreline hill, many buildings and, to the right, what appears to be moored boats.

Further, why go to the trouble of adding the reflections of a two-story, long white building just above the car’s belt-line and its shadow on the lower third (with distortions created by the curvature of the side of the car)? Also on the near wheel-cover, note the reflections of a clear blue sky, the long white building, concrete surface, and car shadow also distorted by the cover’s curvature.

I see many other photographic artifacts such as sun flares and the reflection of the lower right strut on the inside of the right wheel cover.

As for the dark sections on the forward bottom of the wheel covers, perhaps that might be some sort of rubber-like coating to act as a cushion against stones. That would be a sensible idea, in my view.

• John Malcom

February 14, 2022 at 1:25 pm

Almost sure CGI. all of the artifacts mentioned are easily generated in CGI with models and/ or something called textures. This includes all of shadows and reflections at the correct angles.

• Peter Jorgensen

February 14, 2022 at 2:04 pm

Agreed. It’s CGI. I do the same stuff with Solidworks. That background and building reflection is probably a stock CGI background for renders. Very common.

• V Pilot

February 14, 2022 at 5:11 pm

It sure looks purrrty😍

• Llewellyn Evans

February 14, 2022 at 6:27 pm

There is no camera person in the reflections…… CGI me thinks.

• Paul Kirchner

February 14, 2022 at 7:40 pm

I’ve been a commercial photographer for the past 30 years. A lack of reflection of the photographer means nothing now with Photoshop. More telling is how the shadows are being handled under the vehicle. There should be a harder drop shadow directly under the wheels than what’s being shown. It’s interesting that IF it is CGI, that the spurious “telephone pole” and corresponding wire was left on the windshield and hood.

• Thomas Bushaw

February 14, 2022 at 9:11 pm

All I can say is that whoever at Aptera produced this image (by whatever means) is probably having a good chuckle reading through this discussion thread! 😊

• Pistonboy Delux

February 14, 2022 at 9:59 pm

Regardless how the image was created, the real subject is apparent design changes in the vehicle. I look forward (very much) to hearing about these design changes from Aptera Motors.

It would be good if Aptera Motors released another youtube video explaining these changes.

• Wayne Forkum Forkum

February 15, 2022 at 4:35 am

Real or not. It looks great.

• Russell Fauver

February 15, 2022 at 11:47 am

It’s gotta be a render, the tires are completely bald. If not then those in wheel motors have way too much torque, they’re ripping the tread off the tires 🙂

Too fast through the Moose Test?

• Paul Kirchner

February 15, 2022 at 1:56 pm

From the drag video Aptera Motors just dropped, they are very quick.

• V Pilot

February 15, 2022 at 3:19 pm

If my Luna looks like that, I’ll gladly wait until 2024. My heart is palpitating!

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  V Pilot.
    • Vernon Michael Gardner

February 16, 2022 at 7:43 pm

V Pilot, I think it looks really good and I don’t want to wait. I’m willing to wait for the product to be as good as they can make it. I’m looking forward to having all-wheel drive and the 400 mile range in my Luna Roadster.

• Pistonboy Delux

February 15, 2022 at 3:36 pm

The shinny finish does wonders.

• kerbe2705

February 16, 2022 at 8:23 pm

The Ambassadors learned on Wednesday that this was an accidental release of an “unapproved” Beta rendering. They were asked to not share this image because “official” renderings will be released in the near future.

• Raj Giandeep

February 17, 2022 at 3:29 am

I changed the video thumbnail to not show the beta & I edited the video to trim out the first part of the video with the beta image. Might take some time for the cache to update.

• Philip Raymond

February 16, 2022 at 11:59 pm

As a reservation holder for a Noir, I can only imagine what it might look like with a glossy shine. Even more bad ass I hope!

• Peter Jorgensen

February 17, 2022 at 3:24 pm
      • Scott Price

February 17, 2022 at 4:02 pm

Thank you, Peter. Your concept renders are always so interesting, helpful, and well done.

• Thomas French

February 19, 2022 at 8:16 am

Peter the Orange looks almost like my wife’s Cyber Orange Ford Mache GT.

I love the renders you make also, keep up the good work.

• Elzo Stubbe

February 19, 2022 at 9:31 am

now I can also convince my colleague. She is such a fan of pink…..

Viewing 1 - 16 of 16 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now