New Short Video From Aptera On The Trunk/Hatch.

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions New Short Video From Aptera On The Trunk/Hatch.

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions New Short Video From Aptera On The Trunk/Hatch.

• New Short Video From Aptera On The Trunk/Hatch.

Jeffrey Parker updated 1 month ago 9 Members · 10 Posts
  • OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

July 1, 2022 at 2:22 pm
  • Jonathan Reni

July 1, 2022 at 2:50 pm

Thanks!

• Len Nowak

July 1, 2022 at 3:12 pm

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

• Dennis Swaney

July 1, 2022 at 3:23 pm

Love the ending!

• Bob Kirchner

July 2, 2022 at 5:15 am

At the end, I was waiting/hoping for the dog to morph into a Saint Bernard.

• kerbe2705

July 1, 2022 at 3:41 pm

And this is just the Alpha cargo area: The Beta/Gamma cargo area is longer and deeper!

• Bob Kirchner

July 2, 2022 at 5:18 am

This is good. So many of the uninformed comments about Aptera on other fora revolve around knee-jerk assumptions about it’s supposed shortcomings, such as “I need a car with a trunk”

Next myth to debunk: crash safety.

• Ray Holan

July 2, 2022 at 5:56 am

Thanks, Oz. That is a very effective video. It is short and to the point. It communicates the idea that one can fit a good deal of stuff into the Aptera in an entertaining way. Nice job Aptera marketing team!

• John Wiley

July 2, 2022 at 7:11 am

Us classical musicians would really like to see a cello case, violin case and 2 concert non-folding music stands loaded into the back (on our way to a gig). Also, Aptera, while you’re at it, I keep asking for a video of someone loading a full 5-gallon water bottle into the trunk without throwing out their back. I keep imagining the large rear hatchback window interfering with safe handling when opened. When I fly to San Diego to pick up my car, I won’t know until I get home with my Aptera to South Carolina if the instruments (including the cello) will fit and if I can load the water bottle without hurting myself (unless, of course, you show me before I get on a plane). Please, Aptera, give us a short video. (Yes, I have already made this request directly to info@aptera.us).

• Jeffrey Parker

July 3, 2022 at 1:04 pm

I have no sense on size of cello/violin cases, but if the cello case is 1.3m long and 0.5m wide and the violin cases are much smaller, just from my internet sleuthing. I don’t see a size issue. If the Aptera can fit two 6 foot tall humans in the back for camping, I have no reason to believe a cello case and couple violin cases would cause any issue. Stacking the music stands on top of the cases again I don’t see an issue.

As for the water bottle. Have you considered using smaller 3 gallon bottles? Their easier to handle. And considering the water bottles are round, if you can load the water dispenser with these 5 gallon jugs, I don’t think the Aptera is much taller than the dispenser. Lift the jug over the tail (lift with your legs, keep your back straight) and let it roll into the deck area and then stand it up or leave it on its side and restrain it with some straps.

If you want a vehicle that can do everything at any time with no compromises, you may be looking for an SUV and dealing with the inefficiency all the time. OR you can take a more efficient vehicle all the time and compromise with sharing or renting a larger vehicle for those few times your use case is out of scope for the Aptera.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now