New wrapped EV

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions New wrapped EV

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions New wrapped EV

• New wrapped EV

• Pistonboy Delux

January 17, 2022 at 7:27 pm

A new EV is coming in spring and it will be wrapped as standard. It is the Fiat Panda.

I wonder if they got the idea from Aptera.

https://youtu.be/-WxYlCZxwCw?t=141

• John Malcom

January 17, 2022 at 11:02 pm

Good find!

Leave it to the Italians to come up with an artistic twist for exterior finish. Now if they can just improve on their reliability.

Beats Aptera out of the gate with a wrap as a planned exterior finish if delivery is on time. Can give us a chance to see how wraps are received in the EV market place, at least in Europe

Price competitive with Aptera at a high level. Guess is that performance is far from Aptera’s. I am sure will be better than the Fiat 500e that was sold briefly in limited markets in the US

• Joshua Rosen

January 18, 2022 at 7:23 am

This slots below the new 500E so my guess is that it’s range will be low, the base 500E is 112 miles WLTP, the top spec is 199 WLTP. Never the less if you ignore the range problem, which is much less important in it’s home market, the good idea here is the high level of customization. I could see where a cheap car that’s easily personalized could be very appealing to young people, but what do I know about young people today, Gerald Ford was president when I was in that demographic.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  Joshua Rosen.
  • Joshua Caldwell

January 18, 2022 at 6:38 am

Given they will be first, time to watch and learn from them doing it first.

• Guy SKEER

January 18, 2022 at 7:52 am

“wrapped Front Fenders”…Not the whole car…

Most interesting Nugget was later in the video – “Hub Motors with Independent Steering”!

So….”Tank Turns” with much less scrubbing of Tires, Crabbing, Enhanced Low speed Maneuvering (Counter Steering the Rear Wheels), and Better Cornering at the Limit of Traction, whether Dry or Slick – all these could be enabled! Me Likey!

• George Hughes

January 18, 2022 at 9:52 am

This is an attractive package that really does have high urban appeal. I especially liked the lego imitation dash – exceptionally practical and I’m guessing will become an addon accessory in other vehicles.

Anyway, here is a video that delves a bit more deeply.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A92Zr1A-VGc

I suspect it will be lively in an 8-sec 0-100km range with from 150-200 mile range on a 40kw battery. I doubt if the suicide door survived into production which almost by definition is the welded, stamped steel approach to automaking. The Fiat’s weakness almost across the line is occupant safety which comes from the light-weight design criteria which is there for economy.

And because it is steel, it will be painted and then wrapped. They may apply a special paint or leave the underlying surfaces in a form of primer. But overall, an interesting concept.

• Bryan Bowes

January 18, 2022 at 12:33 pm

I wish they put that in the 500E, its just a 24kw that barely goes 70 miles in normal driving, 55 miles in the winter. Most people don’t know these are made in Germany by Bosch, Fiat has nothing to do with these EV cars they are coming out with. I still think the wrap thing is a bad idea.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now