Nissan's Ambition – 23 new EV models

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Nissan's Ambition – 23 new EV models

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Nissan's Ambition – 23 new EV models

• Nissan's Ambition – 23 new EV models

• Ron Ledohowski

December 1, 2021 at 3:24 pm

The new electrified concepts show where the company sees itself going as part of its massive Ambition 2030 plan. Includes an expanded “lifestyle” focus.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/pictures/nissan-surf-out-max-out-hang-out-chill-out-concept-debut-ambition-2030/

BTW, I would love to see Aptera consider providing a projector “option” to display on a screen at back of their existing tent option; viewable from inside OR reverse image (for rear projection) to also view from the outside with open doors providing best sound. Relaxing inside or sharing with others on a beach or elsewhere.

YES, I mentioned this) some time ago (in greater detail with links); part of an Aptera’s “ecosystem” that only supports brand cachet. I won’t expand (too much ????) further as to avoid excessive redundancy (incl. the Alexa Auto module – regularily on sale for $20 USD).

Anyway, I’ll be adding a projector “regardless” as a simple & logical “opportunity” with that tent etc. Decent super small (discrete/cache) LED projectors, AREN’T pricey.

Sharing for others to possibly consider.

P.S. I’ll also add Portal TV too (on sale now) for just $99 USD. Video calls (incl. groups) & streaming; Zoom, Spotify, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video & even Amazon Alexa etc. built in. Huge added functionality & utility (see vid & image in thread below this post).

NB., first pic below is from the article.

• This discussion was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  bbelcamino.
  • Ron Ledohowski

December 1, 2021 at 4:01 pm

Portal TV module “facing outside” of the rear screen. Think of the scenery, people (foreground or background) you could share in your steam. Share your adventures “interactively” with family & friends; privately &/or a larger audience.

0:39

InShot_20211201_160049738

0:39

• Ron Ledohowski

December 1, 2021 at 4:54 pm

Take it mobile. “Why not?” Slim, discrete, compact.

• Ron Ledohowski

December 1, 2021 at 5:53 pm

Pico projectors at a “glance”. Slim, discrete, compact.

3:36

pico2

3:36

• Peter Jorgensen

December 2, 2021 at 7:17 am

I’m excited to see all these Nissans! Can’t wait to find out more about them.

Regarding the off topic projector idea: I like the idea of being able to “cast” netflix or youtube to the Aptera main screen. Anything else in my view is a distraction to production and something you should develop as an aftermarket product we can buy and add to our Apterae as we want to. That product you found might be a good option.

• Ron Ledohowski

December 2, 2021 at 2:43 pm

Hi Peter,

The first picture to showed is a Nissan with what appears to be a projector (certainly not a flat panel). My comments weren’t off topic IMHO and in fact “on topic” including links to the article where the pic was taken from. I started the thread; leading into &/or as an addendum.

My suggestion to achieve were with what is considered to be “off the shelf” and “cost effective”, NOW. No need to engineer something or reinvent something. A case only of “applying existing” tech into a unique (mobile) scenario. Another marketable “first”.

*I was showing how cost effective and easy it is to do, nothing more.

That said, my post was intended to show where things are going, what Aptera could offer or take into account, but also WE can do; however, OEM supplied gives Aptera some easy MARKETING opportunities &/or LIFESTYLE VISUALS that would be leading edge (in a vehicle) and compliment Aptera’s existing utility including tent/camping (lifestyle) option (even their pet accessories) that they are already committed to providing.

Complimentary “added functionality”, option &/or utility that needn’t delay production of anything, either.

I see it as more of an overall “PLUS” potential than anything potentially negative. If the only negative is a “perceived delay” argument regarding vehicle deliveries, I don’t buy into that. Choosing not to is a decision unto its own, an “is what it is” scenario; a lost opportunity for Aptera, IMHO.

*BTW, Aptera wouldn’t necessarily need to show how it’s all done, just that they (can or hopefully) do. IF done from the factory, whether as an option tied to the camping package (&/or other), the existing “minimal cost” involved becomes even LESS.

Right now, it can be done for as low as few hundred bucks. Vehicle easily becomes “beyond” smart with no need for Apple CarPlay nor Android Auto; which currently isn’t in the cards nor need be with this solution’s overall functionality, IMHO.

Finally, Rivian has a built-in kitchen for added lifestyle utility. Who woulda thought? It’s an effective marketing angle & lifestyle option. One could ask oneself, what does it have to do with building an EV (at least on the surface of the matter)? It’s a big picture, coordinated & complimentary lifestyle approach.

Anyway, have a great upcoming weekend. I’m done. Take care.

Greetings from the Okanagan Valley of British Columbia, CANADA.

• my_discord_number_is_0328 bloody stupid

December 2, 2021 at 8:47 pm

even if they fixed the recyling problem, theres only a few right answers… not 23 of them lol.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now