Offroad Package

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Offroad Package

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Offroad Package

• Offroad Package

Jarom Hein updated 5 days, 2 hours ago 5 Members · 7 Posts
  • Jarom Hein

June 21, 2022 at 12:31 pm

I am searching for more information about the Offroad Package. I live in Montana with over 53,000 miles of unpaved roads. I would love if the offroad package was simply a push-button that raises the wheel covers to an offroad height. This would give us the best of both worlds for paved and offroad driving. cheers!

• kerbe2705

June 21, 2022 at 12:48 pm

@Jrom From what we’ve heard, it’s not going to be a selectable setting: There will be permanent changes to the suspension, front wheel pants and rear wheel skirt.

• V Pilot

June 21, 2022 at 1:17 pm

There was talk of an outer wheel pant support bearing at the hub center where a center cap would go to stabilize vibration. Not sure how that would movable up and down

• John Trotter

June 21, 2022 at 4:10 pm

In a visit a couple of weeks ago I asked about Offroad details. The folks in Carlsbad said they were working on it and expect to release a better description in September. Until then, all we really have is the small description of the option: “More ground clearance and tougher wheel covers so you can take your Aptera off-road.” My 2cents was that adjustable ground clearance has been more trouble than it was worth on the two cars I have had with that feature. If handling is OK with just “more ground clearance”, that’s what I would prefer. Actually, I don’t think wheel pants clearance is as significant as belly clearance. (No jokes, please.)

• Jarom Hein

June 23, 2022 at 6:50 am

Thanks for the replies everyone. I suppose better clearance would not sacrifice much aerodynamic efficiency given the overall efficiency of the vehicle. I’m looking forward to getting an Aptera out on the backroads of Montana. 😀

• Fanfare 100

June 23, 2022 at 8:20 pm

Where I live there is a combo of back roads and highways. I also opted for the off-road package. My concern is how the wrap may fare with off-roading. Still, that’s a risk I’m willing to take.

• Jarom Hein

June 24, 2022 at 6:24 am

Agreed. Love the Cactuar profile image. Bringing me back to SNES FF3. 😍

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now