One Billion Dollars in Reservations?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions One Billion Dollars in Reservations?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions One Billion Dollars in Reservations?

• One Billion Dollars in Reservations?

• Francis Giroux

September 20, 2022 at 2:47 pm

Is my math crazy wrong? 33,000+ reservations x $30,300+ average price each = $1,000,000,000?

ONE BILLION DOLLARS in reservations? How come we don’t hear about that?

Don’t like the bungees, pineapple leather, yoke, wraps, obviously many thousands of reservation holders disagree. Go Aptera Team. You got this. Keep up the great work.

• John Voules

September 20, 2022 at 3:09 pm

Yes…this is a great number and in actuality maybe higher, as I have seen 1.1 billion already mentioned.

We need to get a handful of these in southern Cal as soon as this winter….then we will find that the 1billion is just a snowball just starting to go down the mountain.

The enthusiasm of all involved from the CEO’s to the investors and reservation holders know that we are starting something new and exciting.

What gives me even more excitement, Fully Charged in San Diego…if you saw the look on peoples faces who were never aware of APTERA and saw one for the first time.

• robert engelhart

September 20, 2022 at 4:38 pm

I have been wanting a car like this for years. Most EV’s on the market now are simply regular cars / trucks with a battery pack and electric motor. Worst part is the they weigh 1000-2000 pounds more than the gas counterparts. Example the new hummer EV,, it’s really really cool but to me it’s a huge middle finger to the environment. No one needs a truck like that, instead of guzzling gas it guzzles electricity. The Aptera is almost perfect, focused on efficiency above all else. Perfect time for this to come to market.

• Michael Marsden

September 20, 2022 at 4:49 pm

> ONE BILLION DOLLARS in reservations? How come we don’t hear about that?

Only a fraction of the reservations will be converted into real orders during the ramp-up phase. Still a large amount of money.

> Don’t like the bungees, pineapple leather, yoke, wraps, obviously many thousands of reservation holders disagree. Go Aptera Team. You got this. Keep up the great work.

There are some things I don’t like, but many more things I do like. The positives outweigh the negatives by far. Yes I’d prefer paint, yes I’d prefer a steering wheel, and yes, I’d like them to STFU regarding that weird anti-CCS campaign and focus on lobbying for the tax credit instead. But none of those things would make me hesitate for even a moment pressing the ‘buy’ button. As an efficiency obsessive I just love the concept of the vehicle.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now