Order ID # = Position #?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Order ID # = Position #?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Order ID # = Position #?

• Order ID # = Position #?

Jeanne V updated 2 weeks, 1 day ago 23 Members · 63 Posts
  • Dennis Swaney

June 15, 2022 at 11:32 am

Mine is 12172 and if that is correct, they added 13,000 more pre-orders in less than 3 months!

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

June 15, 2022 at 11:42 am

As you notate 3 months, I assume that is when you placed your order. Aptera had changed how they issued reservation/order numbers last August (2021) and at that point they really had no relevance to your actual position or the total number of reservations. Recent chatter indicates that they may have updated the numbers they are issuing and are currently quite a bit closer, but over their stated totals by about 1-2 thousand. (Possibly taking into account earlier glitches and cancellations?)

• Joshua Rosen

June 15, 2022 at 11:43 am

The order numbers aren’t sequential, nobody knows what the algorithm is. Mine is 21916, I placed it a year ago today.

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

June 15, 2022 at 12:42 pm

That would be under the old numbering system, putting you in the vicinity of and likely less than 11,916th in line.

• Mark Dean

June 15, 2022 at 11:53 am

I just ordered 5 minutes ago. and my ID# is 26766

• Peter Jorgensen

June 15, 2022 at 2:32 pm

I ordered a second one yesterday (6/14/22) and it was 26478. This suggests 300 a day if the number is now counting up?

I wonder if it’s actually counting again.

• Ray Holan

June 15, 2022 at 2:36 pm

Based on your observation, it seems like it’s counting again , Peter.

• Curtis Cibinel

June 15, 2022 at 4:09 pm

I think they started counting again (no idea at what end or base number) but shirts/swag orders also increment the counter. My order was ~2100 in early october 2021

• Dennis Swaney

June 15, 2022 at 11:59 am

Maybe the order number is determined by both date and the range model you chose?

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

June 15, 2022 at 12:34 pm

Not likely, for the most part your best bet is to have your date and compare that to the official releases of totals reservations as they come out. Orders started on 12/4/20 with 10001. People would use the update function to make configuration changes and for quite a while it would issue a new reservation number in the sequence for that change. In August of 2021 the website was updated with and the new Ecommerce portion started numbers again from zero (And possibly included merch in the numbering.) so there are probably people out there with duplicate “Order” numbers, but Aptera will probably use the date and time sequence to resolve any differences. If I ever get my data together I’ll put out a sheet with what I’ve notated on date/total reservations info that’s been released.

• Jeanne V

June 15, 2022 at 12:11 pm

FWIW, I pre-ordered 8/27/21 and the website shows my order is #805 (400- mi.). However, I think this was just the invoice #. I don’t see a 5-digit order #. What am I missing?

Has anyone created a spreadsheet to log, i.e., order date, order/res #, battery range, city/country, investor (y/n), etc.,?

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by  Jeanne V.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by  Jeanne V.
    • Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

June 15, 2022 at 12:39 pm

It would be a good project for someone at Aptera to review and clean up the reservation numbering system, but they have a pretty full plate right now as the saying goes, it would create a lot of goodwill amongst the holders anyway. A while back one of the marketing crew posted that the numbers the were issuing as of August of 2021 are pretty much ‘random” (Their words not mine) and that you should just consider the date, which really doesn’t do much to help you figure out where you stand.

• John Voules

June 15, 2022 at 1:15 pm

Also , after speaking to Chris last Sunday. Priority will be to get them on the road in Southern California. Eventually working north and east on the US map.

• James Gatan

June 18, 2022 at 7:08 pm

400miler Los Angeleno here. Though the AWD (plus ORK) choice would very likely delay it a bit. Placed on 6/11. #25678

• Ray Holan

June 15, 2022 at 1:51 pm

Hi, Jeanne. We can compare orders since I place mine 9-22-2021 very close to your order date of 8-27-2021. Your Order ID is 805 and mine is 1745. Thus, one can reasonably assume there were 940 reservations made in the 25 days between our two order dates. Sounds plausible.

That said, it seems finding one’s place in the queue is a fool’s errand due to Aptera changing their ordering system along the way and their stated intent to get Apterae to customers close to Carlsbad before customers in the rest of the country. So I take that to mean that (excluding the Paradigm model reservations), even if someone in Boston were the 125th customer to pre-order, they might not be the 125th customer to get their Aptera because someone in San Diego who is the 434th customer would get theirs first due to their proximity to the factory.

I remain an Aptera fan and philosophical about the waiting game;)

• Jeanne V

June 15, 2022 at 2:44 pm

Ah, thanks Ray. That at least tells me mine’s not in left field. I can now see how others have commented that order nos. alone can be misleading and/or confusing. Well, I shall be patient and am not in a rush. I’m just north of Carlsbad and ordered a 40kw, so those two should work in favor of an earlier, than later, delivery date.

• Ray Holan

June 15, 2022 at 3:59 pm

I’m jealous of your geographical location! I know the locals will be getting their Aptera long before those of us in the Eastern sectors of the US.

• kerbe2705

June 15, 2022 at 4:31 pm

@Jeanne V As of the 06/14 webinar we learned that the 400 mile Aptera will have a 45 kWh battery pack, 41 kWh of which is usable.

• kerbe2705

June 15, 2022 at 4:37 pm

@Dennis Swaney Do we know at what point they changed their numbering system? The first 10K reservations were numbers 10001 through 19999 and then they moved into the second 10K at number 20001 – so I assumed they would now be in the 30000s…

My order number from 12/08/2020 has not changed.

• Curtis Cibinel

June 15, 2022 at 5:42 pm

I think they did ~10-12k preorders on the old numbering scheme (10,000-x) and then started at a low number (potentially even 1) in ~august 2021. I was ~2100 on the new numbers on oct 2 2021 which would put me at ~13-14k in line (which I think lines up with statements at the time +-1000). If the number is now at ~26766 per Peter J that is ~24000 more which would be 36000 orders rather than 25,000 as confirmed by the webinar. It is possible they have sold 11,000 swag orders (hats / shirts) or had some already cancelled preorders making these numbers make sense.

I haven’t actually ordered swag; can anyone that has confirm if this shows a similar number range to the preorders. Does this show under the same “review orders” area.

• Len Nowak

June 15, 2022 at 1:32 pm

That’s what happens when you take these out in public. And these are only the Alpha vehicles!

I have seen Noir and Sol and had a ride in Sol

The forthcoming Gamma should be exciting with even better finish and the new stuff/ more stuff in closer to production intent

• Francis Giroux

June 15, 2022 at 2:31 pm

If I believed everything I have read here, I who live in New York and ordered a year ago can expect that if my son in California orders today, he’d get his Aptera before me. If that can be confirmed I will get my son to order one for me. Either way I planned on picking mine up at the factory and driving it home.

• Ray Holan

June 15, 2022 at 2:33 pm

Francis, I hadn’t thought of that. I wonder if that would work. If it does, you may have unleashed a whole new slew of Apterae pre-orders!

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

June 15, 2022 at 2:55 pm

You could probably just change your physical address that Aptera has on file on your existing order and use your son’s, and achieve the same or better results without having to do that.

• kerbe2705

June 15, 2022 at 4:24 pm

@Francis Giroux During the 06/14 webinar, Chris said the first 1000 vehicles “off the production line” will be the 400 mile variant and they will be delivered to customers in and around southern CA. Aptera will then begin building the 250 mile variant alongside the 400 mile – but he did not name a number after which 600 and 1000 mile variants begin production.

He also said the the first vehicles delivered (I assume he was referring to the Paradigm edition) will be pre-production – essentially hand-built Delta prototypes made before full production begins.

They want to keep the first models delivered close at hand in case they’re found to need significant redesign, repair or upgrades – the way that Tesla sold the first Model 3 cars to Tesla employees only.

• Michael Klensch

June 15, 2022 at 5:58 pm

I ordered on 12/08-2020 and my order number is 12,597. IF the starting number was 10,000 as has been suggested, then my place in-line is actually 2,597.

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

June 15, 2022 at 7:39 pm

Exactamundo. But that’s just a reservation number not a guarantee that they will deliver in that order, since they will deliver in whatever order makes the most sense to them.

• Curtis Cibinel

June 15, 2022 at 7:50 pm

If you are in California and want a 400m (and probably FWD) you could potentially be 5000th in line and still get one of the first 1000 they make. It would be good to know how they plan to handle accessories or AWD if someone would come up but has an option selected that isn’t ready. It would be very dumb to go down the list just because the pet kit or custom colors isn’t ready to ship… Hopefully they will be more clear as we get closer (beyond choose the 400m)

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by  Curtis Cibinel. Reason: typo
        • Dennis Swaney

June 15, 2022 at 7:56 pm

I’m in Arizona, mid-way between Flagstaff & Phoenix, so hopefully after SoCal, they’ll do the AZ & Southern Nevada areas.

• John Voules

June 15, 2022 at 8:03 pm

I’m considering establishing residency in southern California…living outside of Chicago may take a while….must learn qualifying factors.

• Dennis Swaney

June 16, 2022 at 7:39 am

What type of residency? Full blown: register to vote, get a CA driver’s license, etc. Nominal: just get a PO box.

• Qiang Fu

June 16, 2022 at 9:49 am

I feel using state residency or other location indicators to set delivery priority will be messy. I would suggest the first batch be open to whoever is willing to take delivery in San Diego and willing to bring the car to San Diego for warranty repair/tech update until nationwide after-sale service becomes available.

• John Trotter

June 15, 2022 at 8:54 pm

Curtis. I am exactly in that may-be-sooner-than-thought. (CA resident, 400mi battery, but AWD is mandatory and Off-road is desired, as soon as they say what it is.) Frankly, I do NOT want to be in the initial 1,000. I believe that is called “the bleeding edge” in Silicon-Valley-speak , for a reason.

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

June 16, 2022 at 5:18 am

In the initial video talk (12/4/20) they indicated that AWD and Off Road would occur after all four range variants were being produced, however of course things could change.

• James Gatan

June 18, 2022 at 7:23 pm

Same here. AWD, 400mi, ORK and a Los Angeleno. I happen to have an electric unicycle hobby. We usually avoid the 1st batches. Same hold true for my Aptera. I do not want to be included in the initial 1,000 as well.

• Chris Lemme

June 16, 2022 at 8:57 am

Where did the notion of the reservation numbers start at 10,000? I am just curious.

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

June 16, 2022 at 12:28 pm

It’s just what they did, those of us who were able to order in the first hour of availability (12/4/20 7am Pacific) have reservation numbers of 100XX.

• Chris Lemme

June 16, 2022 at 1:37 pm

Ok, so my order number is 19,678 and my reservation is effectively #9,678. Thanks. That helps ne understand a little better.

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

June 16, 2022 at 2:25 pm

The numbering system is pretty messed up overall, just to verify, what you just said is correct provided your order was placed prior to early August of 2021, otherwise all bets are off.

• Chris Lemme

June 17, 2022 at 3:51 am

Ok. I just placed my reservation 3 weeks ago. My number wouldn’t be accurate. I just placed my reservation 3 weeks ago. 😀 Thanks for the info.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  Chris Lemme. Reason: Wanted to add one more thing
          • Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

June 17, 2022 at 5:04 am

Chris, off the top of my head, that’s probably in the 23,000 – 24,000 range, based on Aptera’s released figures.

• Dan Kerpe

June 17, 2022 at 9:58 am

Although the numbers are obviously screwy, my reservation would reasonably show that with the current system, your order is about 1,000 (give or take a few hundred) below what’s listed as the reservation number. This is all nonsense, but here’s my theory. My order number is 25534. I ordered on June 10th of this year. 5 days later, Aptera announces they broke 25,000 pre-orders.

• James Gatan

June 18, 2022 at 7:29 pm

Dan , you just pre ordered 1 day ahead of me. #25678 on 6/11. 400mi/AWD destined for Los Angeles.

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

June 17, 2022 at 10:21 am

Dan,

Yet Chris reserved 3 weeks ago and had a number of 19,678, so they may be adjusting the system to try to give people something reflective of where they sit, but we’ll have to wait and see.

• Dan Kerpe

June 17, 2022 at 10:51 am

I know, that’s why I made sure to say it was all nonsense. Just having fun with the numbers almost lining up.

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

June 17, 2022 at 2:16 pm

👍

• Eric Quinn

June 17, 2022 at 12:50 pm

21723 2021-06-11 Noir Black Pre-order

• James Pace

June 17, 2022 at 1:49 pm

Mine is 16333, ordered Jan 8 2021. At first I thought the 6 referred to my 600WH battery, but I guess not.

• James Gatan

June 18, 2022 at 7:30 pm

Eric, we’re exactly a year apart in pre ordering. Me on 22/6/11 @ #25678. Noir/400/AWD – Los Angeleno.

• V Pilot

June 18, 2022 at 7:45 pm

Mine is 4015 2021-11-02 The order Id numbers don’t mean much

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by  V Pilot.
  • my_discord_number_is_0328 bloody stupid

June 18, 2022 at 6:56 pm

my email is Gadflygtr@yahoo (dot) com, send me the invite link to the apteras owners club discord server

• Norman Roberts

June 20, 2022 at 9:25 am

mine is 16068 Jan 6 2021. If 4 Dec 2020 was first date available for reservation, does that mean that there were over 6,000 orders in 1 month ?? Sounds high ??

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

June 20, 2022 at 9:48 am

Norman, There was a lot of pent up desire from both original reservation holders from 2005-2011, and from the others that found out about it after the announcement of the new attempt in 2019. It was pretty much an frenzy of reservations once the games began. Steve Fambro has said, he had an App on his phone that rang for each reservation, he had to turn off the notification bell because they were coming fast and furious.

• John Voules

June 20, 2022 at 11:28 am

Very close to your order….going by dates…it would seem that they must be true to the numbers of orders. The people who were in the know, had a great leg up on the rest of the orders and did not hesitate to place their orders….there was a great surge in the beginning.
      <div>16949 2021-01-17 </div><div>My second order,</div><div>18293 2021-02-20</div><div>After 5 weeks….ordering slowed down a bit.</div><div>The last 3 months there is a greater knowledge now of the vehicle and growth now seems exponential. I do believe there will be a chance by the end of the year to touch upon 60k+, maybe even higher.</div>

• Jeanne V

June 20, 2022 at 10:11 am

I started taking notes on res/order nos. based on what’s been posted on this thread and adding it to a Google sheet. I found it useful to see this info in one table. Feel free to add your info, or to delete your info if your don’t feel comfortable having it there.

Here’s the link: https://tinyurl.com/mupz372v

• Norman Roberts

June 20, 2022 at 10:53 am

Link does not allow edits or additions

• Jeanne V

June 20, 2022 at 11:15 am

Should allow edits now.

• Dennis Swaney

June 20, 2022 at 2:37 pm

Added order date & moved my data down to appropriate row.

• V Pilot

June 20, 2022 at 2:52 pm

This is cool! Has the possibility to see potential owners close to you

• Dennis Swaney

June 20, 2022 at 3:02 pm

Also there is the Google map that you can enter your location. I don’t recall the URL though.

• James Gatan

June 20, 2022 at 3:23 pm

Nice work, Jeanne. I edited my pre order info. I was actually inquiring about a running list of sorts a few days back. This is it. You did it. Thanks!

Viewing 1 - 14 of 14 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now