Other Auto Manufacturers Beginning to See Wisdom of Aptera Design!

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Other Auto Manufacturers Beginning to See Wisdom of Aptera Design!

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Other Auto Manufacturers Beginning to See Wisdom of Aptera Design!

• Other Auto Manufacturers Beginning to See Wisdom of Aptera Design!

• Lou Verner

January 12, 2022 at 9:37 am
  • Lou Verner

January 12, 2022 at 9:49 am

Additional Green Car Report highlighting wisdom of Aptera emphasis on efficiency. Traditional manufacturers apparently taking notice: https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1134627_mercedes-vision-eqxx-621-mile-ev-concept-charts-the-brand-s-future

• jay huiting

January 12, 2022 at 2:58 pm

Thanks Lou! I would have missed those articles.

• John Malcom

January 12, 2022 at 3:40 pm

The pace of R&D in the EV field is accelerating. Legacy automakers will adapt faster than expected to some of the tech employed in the Aptera as they look for a competitive edge in the industry. This is the reason it is so important for Aptera to get in the market as soon as possible.

I will repeat the story of my young, naive, son as he entered commissioned service in the Army. He was commissioned as an Armor Officer and went to the Armor School for his initial training. While learning about tanks, he related all of the things about the Army’s Main Battle Tank that he thought should be fixed before it was sent into combat again. An older and much wiser Noncommissioned Officer (A Sargent) looked at him and said “If you waited for the perfect tank you would not only lose the battle, but the war”

This is what happened to Aptera in its first instantiation. The management that was brought in wanted to make Aptera all things to all people and it failed.

The Aptera does not have to be perfect, but it does need to be in the marketplace as soon as possible to gain a spot before other well known automakers can match the tech and increase their market share by lowering their prices because of their capitol advantage.

GM is already on that path with an announcement of a 30K popular PEV SUV model, the most purchased design (Along with crossovers) for the last three years.

The Aptera is perhaps not perfect, but has so many exceptional features. It is far above any competition existing today. Let’s quit pressing for changes at this stage of development and support as much as we can the expeditious market entry of Aptera as designed and at its exceptionally low price points.

• Harry Parker

January 12, 2022 at 8:27 pm

Lou, while these competitive car article links are appreciated, they really belong in the Solar EV Industry News forum rather than in the Aptera Discussions forum here. Thet’s why the Solar EV Industry News forum is here.

• Lou Verner

January 13, 2022 at 5:29 am

Thanks Harry! Must admit I wasn’t aware of this separate forum. Yet another site to monitor daily!

• Harry Parker

January 13, 2022 at 9:19 am

The forum I mentioned is part of the Aptera Community forums. Just click on the green word “Community” in “Aptera > Community > Aptera Discussions” above to find it. Easy peasy.

Then you will see ALL the postings here at Aptera’s website.

• Randy J

January 13, 2022 at 2:03 pm

Hi Lou

It’s usually a good idea to search the site to see if your topic is already active.

I posted this on Jan 3rd

Meet The 1,000km Electric Car: Mercedes EQXX

Meet The 1,000km Electric Car: Mercedes EQXX

• Lou Verner

January 15, 2022 at 7:43 am

Sorry Randy, missed your earlier post because I wasn’t aware of the EV forum at the time. Mea culpa!

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now