Outlets

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Outlets

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Outlets

• Outlets

• ajay kaushal

September 19, 2021 at 3:00 pm

Will aptera have any 110v outlet to use when power is needed?

Also any USB outlets for charging on the go?

• Len Nowak

September 19, 2021 at 3:41 pm

Although the new website’s FAQ is great

Use the search function in that large spreadsheet (attached below).

Note: Answers within are from Aptera Team members and are periodically refreshed!

I always try to keep in mind.. The answers are the best answer “at the moment”… We are looking at results coming in from the early two development ( alpha series ) vehicles…

Beta ( validation) Gamma ( Release candidate ) and Delta/ production vehicles WILL TELL THE FINAL STORY!

Hope this helps “for now”

Aptera’s FAQ Spreadsheet

• ajay kaushal

September 19, 2021 at 4:44 pm

Thanks, this helps

• John Malcom

February 7, 2022 at 11:35 am

There will be no 220v plug on the aptera for a vehicle delivered in the U.S. There will be a110v plug, and two USB ports, and of course Bluetooth.The purpose of the Aptera is to provide the most efficient transportation in the world. Including a 220v plug would add weight that would degrade performance and would only be used by a very small minority of owners. Other EVs are more suited for supporting a 220v option.

<font face=”inherit”>Please note Leonard Nowak’s post on this thread. If you have questions, this is a good place to go to find answers first remembering the caveats Leonard has listed for us. They are just good common sense. Leonard will not blow his horn so I will blow it for him. Leonard is a very experienced ambassador with a wealth of knowledge of Aptera. Leonard is one of the fortunate ones that have </font>actually<font face=”inherit”> ridden in an Aptera, so he has first had knowledge as well as he has spoken </font>directly<font face=”inherit”> with the founders. When he suggests something on the forum all benefit by following his counsel. </font>

The purpose of the Aptera is to provide the most efficient transportation in the world. Including a 220v plug would add weight that would degrade performance and would only be used by a very small minority of owners.

Get both! Sex appeal of the Aptera when you’re out on the town and getting all of the admiring looks and a EV truck with the 220v so you can power anything you may want to use.

• Ernesto Bartels

January 31, 2022 at 5:25 pm

Piggy back on this question, will there be a 220V outlet or option?

One of the reasons I also reserved an F150 Lightning was because of the optional ($1000) 30amp 220V outlet, which allows me to use it as an emergency backup to run essentials in house, run water pump etc. A car with a solar panel and ability to use it as backup in emergencies could be valuable

• kerbe2705

January 31, 2022 at 6:26 pm

Considering the size and weight of the inverter necessary to convert battery DC to line AC, I doubt that we’ll see it in an Aptera.

• John Malcom

January 31, 2022 at 7:58 pm

The Aptera is not purposed as a vehicle to routinely support the use of equipment requiring 220v. You are wise to have reserved a Lightning with the $1,000 option if you need that for work or some other reason.

The Aptera is designed to be the most efficient vehicle transportation in the world. Let me second kerbe2705’s post. The additional weight to provide that feature would seriously erode the design goal and performance of an Aptera.

• Ernesto Bartels

February 7, 2022 at 8:48 am

Thanks for the comments guys! 🙂

• Elzo Stubbe

February 7, 2022 at 11:35 am

off course we will see it in an aptera. Because they will sell thousands and thousands in 220 volt land!

• This reply was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by  Elzo Stubbe. Reason: forgot an s
  • Eric & Lorraine Arnold

February 4, 2022 at 10:22 am

Updated spreadsheet to make it readable when it is downloaded.

• John Malcom

February 7, 2022 at 8:51 am

Thanks for doing this for all on the forum. Makes it easier to use

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

February 7, 2022 at 9:07 am

John, have you clicked on his document above?

• John Malcom

February 7, 2022 at 11:14 am

Oz Man, yes I did. It needs to be downloaded. I could not open in current configuration. It s now a Excel doc with better formatting

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now