Owner’s manual review

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Owner’s manual review

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Owner’s manual review

• Owner’s manual review

• Peter Dezendorf

May 1, 2022 at 3:40 pm

Any chance the owner’s manual will be released in draft? This would let us with reservations understand how to operate an Aptera. Further, we could provide feedback on what is not clear in the manual.

• Paul Kirchner

May 1, 2022 at 4:18 pm

That would be cool. I’m a lover of owner’s manuals for sure.

• Ray Holan

May 1, 2022 at 5:18 pm

It would be great to have a draft available in advance of Aptera deliveries at year end. However, the big issue is how do you draft a manual when a great portion of the vehicle details are not yet finalized? That would likely be the objection we’d get from Aptera staff.

Whenever the design is solid enough to justify writing documentation, it would be very welcome to have a Google doc online that a special group of ambassadors and Aptera staff could edit on the fly. This would result in a low-carbon solution to documentation that would always be up-to-date. I suspect Aptera (and early owners) will crank out a series of YouTube videos for DIY part replacement or troubleshooting. There was a mention in one of the videos recently of including QR codes throughout the vehicle that, when scanned, would take you to instructions about that particular component.

• John Malcom

May 1, 2022 at 5:19 pm

I think it is a good idea from our perspective. However the manual probably contains proprietary information that Aptera would like to keep confidential until delivery. Also, there is still testing to do that may/will result in changes so I do not think it will be in a form suitable for us to review until vry close to production.

There will be plenty of opportunity for us to review and comment after we take delivery of our Apteras. Are review and comments will be more meaningful as we will have the vehicle available to make our assessments of how helpful the manual is. I suspect it will be online document as will the Right to Repair documents.

• Peter Dezendorf

May 5, 2022 at 7:16 am

So, let me make this perfectly clear:

I would really like to know if the frequently adjusted settings in the vehicle are easy to access, or down four levels in sub-menus. Wipers, lights, seat heater, etc.: How far down the rabbit hole must I go?

• John Malcom

May 5, 2022 at 7:53 am

Design, coding and testing of the user interface (UI) is in process. Aptera acquired a company with resources and experience in UI development to assist with this activity. The information you are interested in will not be available until these tasks are completed. The construction of the UI will be based on best industry practices adapted to Aptera’s unique systems architecture and functionality. When this interface is mature and tested, I am sure Aptera will be happy to share the details with us. I would imagine that will be closer to the scheduled production date.

The UI is an important component of the Aptera Ethos. Certainly, after production and delivery starts, and perhaps before, you will have an opportunity to see and try the interface at an Aptera event before you would make a buying decision.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now