Steve Fambro speaks

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Steve Fambro speaks

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Steve Fambro speaks

• Steve Fambro speaks

craig-merrow updated 2 weeks, 6 days ago 18 Members · 25 Replies
  • michael-may

November 8, 2022 at 3:19 pm

Agreed! This was an excellent interview that put some unique perspective into the history of Aptera. Worth your time.

• JRWiley

November 9, 2022 at 5:37 am

This is a really great interview. I would highly recommend a listen. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

• Solana

November 9, 2022 at 8:05 am

Great interview, well worth the 1 hr of my time to listen to this podcast.

Enjoyed hear more about the history of Aptera from Steve himself.

• kerbe2705

November 9, 2022 at 5:49 pm

You can’t beat information from a primary source!

• OZ.

November 21, 2022 at 8:03 pm

YouTube Channel Interview with Mr. Fambro

• jesthorbjorn

November 22, 2022 at 6:02 am

Nothing new for we devotees, but from Steve’s mouth to more ears is always a good thing.

• Mike-Mars

November 22, 2022 at 10:28 am

At 9:18 Steve mentions a couple of interesting things.

Firstly that half of people people pre-ordered a $40k or higher configuration. I find that a bit weird given that they’ve previously said that the 400 mile variant was the most popular.

Secondly, they also want to target the cheaper end of the market, so they are looking to see where they can make things more affordable. Not sure whether that’d be a future model, or if they are talking about the current configuration.

— Edit: Added a transcript of that question & answer.

Q – “And you want to build these pretty affordably, tell me about that.”

A – “Well, the lowest, the lowest price vehicle, which is on our website, is around 26000 dollars. Well, most people, over half the orders, are for configurations above 40,000 dollars.

So, some people might see the low price and are attracted to it, and I think, moving forward, we want to, we want to not only address that market, but figure out what tools we have to bring to bear to, to really make it a cost competitive vehicle, lower the price as much as we can, but in the short term, most of the orders are for 40,000 dollars, and up. About 15%, I think, are for 50,000 dollars and up.

So people are overwhelmingly choosing the bigger batteries, and the all wheel drive, and some of the premium options.

But our, our mission long term is to be able to produce these vehicles and make, ah, to make them affordable for everybody. Because we want solar electric vehicles to proliferate, and the way to do that, you have to make them affordable.”

• seth

November 23, 2022 at 8:09 pm

I didn’t think it was possible considering over half of the orders were supposedly 400/250 mile versions. Then again most of the numbers are based off old data or public polls I’ve seen around. Either that or the actual price is going up and that’s the price he based his statement on. Otherwise saying over 40k just doesn’t make sense, around 40k might though. My 600 mile preorder with full solar/cruise control is currently $36800. Other than potentially the off road kit I can’t see many worth paying more for after seeing the prototypes (pet /camping kit).

• Greek

November 23, 2022 at 8:38 pm

Over half are 400 mile variations. Math doesn’t add up. Only 600 + 1000 will pass the threshold of $40k. Just as Steve mentions the lowest price I think listed in our web sight is $26k…..again he is rounding off. Then shifts over to most of our orders are for 40k or higher. Maybe rounding up again, as I feel he is directing this to potential investors. Also the possibility that the overall average maybe close to 40k. Steve doesn’t ever seem to speak in true specifics.

• Biker

November 29, 2022 at 4:51 pm

Steve seems to be making the rounds with another interview:

https://fb.watch/h6orOEL2qb/

• truong-tran

November 30, 2022 at 8:17 am

38k pre-orders with $1.4B makes sense. Average $36.8k per car and my order is 400 miles range with the option of about $35k+.

• Mike-Mars

November 30, 2022 at 12:35 pm

> “38k pre-orders with $1.4B makes sense. Average $36.8k per car and my order is 400 miles range with the option of about $35k+.”

I wonder what the conversion factor will be. It’s usually in the 25%-40% range, but $70-refundable is a pretty low bar.
      However, I do think that the number of orders will ramp up massively once vehicles start reaching the streets.

• Biker

January 16, 2023 at 11:48 am

A few interesting reveals, especially about the collaboration with CPC, in this somewhat recent podcast:

A Climate Change with Matt Matern / Episode 92: Steve Fambro, Co-CEO and Co-Founder at Aptera (audioboom.com)

• john-malcom

January 16, 2023 at 3:13 pm

A lot of good information here! Perhaps some that will be a part of the launch vehicle presentation.

Good insight into Aptera blossoming from a mom and pop garage shop to a distributed, international enterprise planning and ready for volume production for all markets. Many great things came from garage enterprises. HP and Apple come to mind.

Production is now more assembly with critical QA at the source of the component best for defect prevention and remedial remediation if required before going to assembly.

• curt-norwood

February 6, 2023 at 7:33 pm

Steve Fambro posted this to his channel:

Driving to the lake with @ApteraMotors – YouTube

• Biker

April 19, 2023 at 8:31 am

It seems that Aptera staff are spending quite a bit of time in person at/near CPC – a post on LinkedIn from Steve:

When I was a young boy growing up in Georgia, I built stuff. My father taught me how to run a lathe and a welder and I worked on and repaired all kinds of things. First lawnmowers, then go-carts and motorcycles, then cars.

At 15 I worked for a garage that specialized in air-cooled Volkswagens and I did everything from valve adjustments to clutch changes, you name it! All along I had been thinking about and drawing concepts of cars. At the time I wasn’t into girls, or sports -just cars. I imagined myself one day owning a car company, building something extraordinary. And extraordinary in my mind at that time was the sole realm of Ferruccio Lamborghini.

As a boy, the Countach absolutely took my breath away…and it as it still does.

But in my wildest dreams I never believed I would actually be here in the heart of the Motor Valley, building cars. But here I am, paying homage to a place and a man that started it all for me.”

• john-malcom

April 19, 2023 at 9:20 am

Good personal insights. Definitely conditioned to become a car guy! Glad to see him in Italy working to get prouction wrinkles smotthed out and hopefully getting investment capital.

• Biker

August 8, 2023 at 12:18 pm
  • Biker

February 1, 2024 at 7:45 am

Steve posted on LinkedIn:

Over three years ago there was the spark of an idea at Aptera. We embarked on an impossible mission: to harness the sun’s power for every journey through innovative 3D solar panels. Many said it couldn’t be done, but our vision was unwavering. It didn’t matter that it seemed impossible- it was necessary! With relentless dedication and investment, we transformed a dream into patented reality. A heartfelt thank you to Anuj T., Nathan Engler, Jesse Wood, Reed Thurber, Damian Wasserbauer and many more who fueled this journey. Our brightest days lie ahead—the best is truly yet to come! #Innovation #SolarPower #SustainableFuture

US11876145B2 – Solar panel plant for making laminated solar panel product having preformed substrate with convex surface and method for continuously processing the same – Google Patents

• dennis-rex-green

February 24, 2024 at 5:03 am

Very interesting podcast from How Built This with Guy Raz:

Powering cars with solar energy with Steve Fambro of Aptera Motors (2023)

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5ucHIub3JnLzUxMDMxMy9wb2RjYXN0LnhtbA/episode/Z2lkOi8vYXJ0MTktZXBpc29kZS1sb2NhdG9yL1YwLzU4WFc5S2RHcG5BZGZmTmFhMUxaYktCSGV2OU1TZkp5UWlMaW9aMk52SE0?ep=14

• Biker

April 2, 2024 at 11:42 am

Posted on X:

• OkieKev

April 2, 2024 at 4:52 pm

I’m gonna say BINC!

• craig-merrow

April 3, 2024 at 2:23 am

I’d be like a kid at Christmas opening that one!

• D2E

April 3, 2024 at 5:59 am

Email sent out showing a body. We got one.

or to reply.