Popout Exterior Mirror?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Popout Exterior Mirror?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Popout Exterior Mirror?

• Popout Exterior Mirror?

• Daniel Crotty

January 18, 2022 at 6:07 pm

I thought I had already asked this, but don’t see it.

It looks as though we are going to be required to have exterior mirrors.

Is there any reason that we cannot have the camera, and a mirror that pops out? With the mirror “folded in”, there is little to no drag and the camera still functions. Guess which option I would use. But popped out, it meets the requirements.

• Joel Smith

January 18, 2022 at 7:12 pm

I too am hoping for something as clever and adaptable as that. We will see. Fingers crossed.

• Loren Gilbert

January 18, 2022 at 7:39 pm

It is a good idea but here in Colorado the law requires that the mirrors be placed in such a way that they provide a view to the rear of at least 200 feet. Looks like the legislators have anticipated such thing and worded the law to defeat it.

• Riley ________________________________

January 18, 2022 at 7:59 pm

I hope they keep it simple, the less moving parts the easier it is to repair. Ideally the stock mirror can be removed as soon as we take delivery.

• my_discord_number_is_0328 bloody stupid

January 18, 2022 at 8:28 pm

they can have camera without folding it in, just make plastic cheap mirror that can wrap around it with screws. unscrew and recycle when u dont need it, wold be great if biodegradable b/c almost noone ever actually recycles what ends up in blue bins anyway even in china lot of it doesnt recyle

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now